PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me please? :)

Genny
10-31-2009, 12:58 AM
For some odd reason all of a sudden my sound won't work on my BlackBerry. I don't know why. I've got 2 songs downloaded on it and I can't play them or even go to YouTube on it-I mean I can go to it but I can't hear sound. Even on my 2 games the sound doesn't work either. I don't know what I did-I used my phone lastnight and it worked fine-I put it on vibrate like I always do this morning when I got to work-then like always when I got off I put it back on loud volume. It hasn't worked since. I still get calls and texts and all but like it desn't make sounds. It bothers me cause I can't hear it and miss a lot of calls, plus the vibration on it is so weak-so I just wanna know how do I fix it? When I go to something--say I go to all the different rign tones that came w/ the phone and say I want to listen to them--a box comes up saying this: Cannot play media while phone is active) I don't know what that means. It hasn't ever happened before to me. My phone is comnpletely mute lol. I just hoped maybe someone could tell me how to fix it? :( Thanks a lot :)

Moesha
10-31-2009, 07:41 AM
Have you tried rebooting it? Blackberry phones are very much like computers. When you turn them off, they just basically go to sleep. You have to force them to reboot to reset fully. It takes several minutes for a Blackberry to reboot. To reboot my Tour I push the alt + shift on the right side + delete. I've had to do that to get the zoom back on my camera. I'm not sure if that is how you would reboot your Storm or not. If that doesn't work, try asking at the crackberry.com forums. Or try searching there first to see if someone else has had that problem and asked that question. Crackberry.com would be a much better place to get answers to your technical Blackberry type questions. Hope you get it fixed.

Genny
10-31-2009, 10:43 AM
Hi Moesha, I did like you said and turned it off and then when I turned it back on the sound was back! Thanks so much!! :) I appreciate it a lot!!