PDA

View Full Version : Question of the day - October 30th!

luvofallhorses
10-30-2009, 05:58 PM
Sorry it's late. :o

Do you go trick-or-treating or pass out candy for Halloween? I don't do either since I am too old
(24) and my dogs would eat the trick-or-treaters... :rolleyes:

But I will be spending my day tomorrow at the animal shelter. :D

Karen
10-30-2009, 06:31 PM
I'll be passing out treats, for both children and any doggie trick-or-treaters! I usually also dress up, or at least wear a mask!

aTailOf2Kitties
10-30-2009, 07:49 PM
I don't expect many kids, but I have plenty of candy if any do show up. I dressed up for a party at work today but I don't expect to do it any more

Taz_Zoee
10-30-2009, 08:10 PM
I do not trick-or-treat. Never have even as a child (we lived in the country:(). But now that I live in town I get to hand out candy. But have way too much candy. We usually only get around 10 kids. I bought two bags of candy but didn't tell Bruce because he'd want to eat it. Then he went out and bought a big bag too!

sparks19
10-30-2009, 08:13 PM
we take Hannah trick or treating and leave a note on our door saying we will be back in 20 minutes to hand out candy :D then we come home and pass out candy

Genny
10-30-2009, 08:39 PM
I've dressed up when I was little and trick-or-treated. This year we're taking my little brother and niece trick-or-treat. It should be fun :) We bought some candy to hand out if we get any trick-or-treaters but we usually don't get many. I think last year we got like 5 or 6 kids...so.. :)

sirrahbed
10-30-2009, 08:46 PM
I love to pass out candy:D ( I like to pre-sample everything too) If the weather is nice, hubby and I sit outside on the porch in our rocking chairs. I usually pull the cat tree in frontt of the door inside so the kitties can watch what all is going on and will not be scared by the door bell. I think this I like it.

prechrswife
10-30-2009, 10:45 PM
We'll take our kids to a few places, and we have candy at home, but never decide whether to turn our light on until the last minute.

K9karen
10-30-2009, 11:03 PM
No on both accounts this year (at my house). Going out with the grandkids in their housing complex as well as giving out goodies. This will be the first time EVER that I'm not home.

Alysser
10-30-2009, 11:30 PM
I usually go trick-or-treating, but I am in Fright Fest this year, not to mention I am getting a little old lol. I'll be scaring the crap out of people this halloween while getting paid $8.60 an hour to do it :D

chocolatepuppy
10-31-2009, 08:10 AM
I used to go all out for trick or treat, decorated, dressed up, etc. Then the town I live in increased the time for trick or treating. Too many kids now, coming in by the carload. Too much stress for my furkids and for a longer period of time. I miss it. I believe this year they changed the time back to a shorter period. Now I hide in the dark and eat candy while it's going on.:p

Pam
10-31-2009, 05:21 PM
Our trick-or-treaters have been dwindling over the years. I have been winding up with LOTS of leftover candy :rolleyes: which I eat :rolleyes: (hey I don't want to waste it :p ). This year I just made up my mind not to participate and I put a note on the door "Sorry no candy - Have a happy halloween anyway." Normally by now I would have had a few knocks but this year there is nothing but sweet silence (no dogs warning me that we are being invaded by strangely dressed people.) :p;)

pomtzu
10-31-2009, 05:41 PM
I live in the country - with no trick or treaters coming here. I always used to buy a small bag of candy bars - just in case. I don't even do that anymore.

krazyaboutkatz
10-31-2009, 05:51 PM
No, I'm too old to trick or treat but I used to when I was much younger. It was back in the 70's when things were a lot safer and we knew most of our neighbors too. I really enjoyed it.:)

I didn't buy any candy because I rarely get any trick or treaters. I live in a security building in a condo complex and there are very few children that live here. If I bought candy, I'd end up eating it all myself. My parents usually have some left over and my Mom will usually give me some of it.

I'll probably be watching some scary movies on t.v. tonight with my cats.:)

cassiesmom
10-31-2009, 07:33 PM
I don't have any trick-or-treaters in my building, so I went to my mom and dad's and answered the door for awhile. The strangest thing was opening the door and having the kids not say anything (elementary school age kids). I just wished them a happy Halloween and put a treat in their sacks.

Rachel
10-31-2009, 08:52 PM
We handed out candy but the weather was chilly so there were fewer kids than other years. Because of the expense of buying candy, I considered not doing it, but Halloween is Tucker's favorite holiday. He loves having the kids come to the door and sits and waits by the side lite window looking out for the next batch of youngsters to arrive.

Freedom
10-31-2009, 09:22 PM
Growing up, I always went out door to door iwth friends, it was great fun! There were at least 5 children and 2 moms, often more. My Dad stayed home to answer our door.

I was so excited when I finally bought my house 8 years back, I could give out treats! For 15 years, living in apartments, didn't get to do that.

But I don't give candy, never have. This year I gave out 24 page mini activity books. Scary puzzles, scary mazes, scary jokes, all fine for age 5 and up. :D