PDA

View Full Version : The Diaries of Eduardo

cassiesmom
10-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Do you know my Edwina and Eddie?

Edwina came to live with us from a shelter. We adored her, pampered her. She was (and still is!) very, very spoiled. And an only cat for a few years.

And then one day a PetTalker asked if we could take in Eddie for a weekend. Oh how we worried! But we took him in. He lived in the basement. He would not come out for ...gosh weeks I think? We would go to the basement and read the paper or just talk. And we would talk to him, even if we could not see him. (Of course...that has been a very long weekend....:rolleyes:)

My niece was also living in the basement while attending college. Eddie started to come out and be with her.

Meanwhile, Edwina -- at the top of the stairs - "what is that noise? There cannot possibly be another cat in my house!"

Until one day Eddie ventured upstairs. He never really went back down to live.

Edwina keeps him in line. She never lets him forget who is the boss.

They moved across the country together in the back of the car.

I don't think they will ever cuddle. But I just went upstairs and they are both on the bed.

They are usually in - at least - the same room. She bites his butt, she slaps his face, she chases him. Sometimes he chases her.

She is a lap cat. He wants to but just can't (because she wouldn't approve? I am not sure.) But today, a guy was here installing my new computer and it was Eddie who insisted on meeting him.

Here is Eddie's first diary diary of Eduardo (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=29073&highlight=Eduardo) and his second second diary (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=29997&highlight=Eduardo) and it went on.

It takes time but it was oh so worth it.
http://petoftheday.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=159&pictureid=1344

Dear Don Eduardo, I love your diaries!! And as you well know, I :love: you! I am re-locating this post for WhiskLuva, who I know is another of your loyal fans, and for other PT newcomers.

Hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs, (some for Lady Edwina too),
Elyse

Killearn Kitties
10-29-2009, 06:28 PM
Oh, how I loved Eddie's diaries! I am so sorry that all the photos have gone, particularly "FREEZE, BASEMENT BOY!"

I think that photo of Eddie under the table is my favourite ever photo of him. :love:

Catty1
10-29-2009, 06:35 PM
I read through all of them! What was missing were pics of Eddie when he was being fostered...I remember seeing them some time ago. He was a cutie when younger, before he became a handsome hunky dude!

Edwina's Secretary
10-29-2009, 07:53 PM
I am so sorry that all the photos have gone, particularly "FREEZE, BASEMENT BOY!"

I think that photo of Eddie under the table is my favourite ever photo of him. :love:

Not entirely gone... here are some. I am not sure of the "under the table"..was that at Debbie's office?

phesina
10-29-2009, 09:30 PM
Oh, just adorable pictures! Eddie is such a sweet boy.

Killearn Kitties
10-30-2009, 02:04 AM
I am not sure of the "under the table"..was that at Debbie's office?

Sorry, I was not very clear there. I meant the one taken, I think, under the table outside - the one that Cassiesmom posted above.

Thank you for the old photos! What a cutie he was. :love:

Randi
10-30-2009, 10:07 AM
As some of you know, Eddie is one of my absolute favourites here, I simply adore him! :love: I remember his diaries well, and and also when he moved in with Edwina, Sara and Don. :) I even have a picture of him from before he moved in!

Apart from the picture posted above... oh and the one where he is supervising the building work from the balcony in his new home in CA, another favouríte is when he had his nails clipped. :D I took that.

Catty1
10-30-2009, 10:18 AM
LOL! LOVE the nail clipping one...not too impressed is Eduardo! :D
http://petoftheday.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=44191&d=1256915166

Barbara
10-30-2009, 10:22 AM
I love these diaries. Funny enough when Eddie grew the white parts seem to have grown more than the tabby ;)

Edwina's Secretary
10-30-2009, 11:08 AM
Sorry, I was not very clear there. I meant the one taken, I think, under the table outside - the one that Cassiesmom posted above.

Silly me. Eddie keeps telling me that is his Lifeguard Hut so I have stopped thinking of it as a table! ;);):D

catmandu
10-30-2009, 02:38 PM
I think things may change now that Eduardo has a Lady Friend Winnie to make him a Happy Cat , and give him some self confidence!!!
:D:D
I know that the fact that My HH Lady Edwina Rose loves me makes me a much Better Cat.:love::love::love:
May I always been the Cat that My HH Lady Edwina Rose thinks I am.
Juke Joint Joseph!!
:love::love::love::love::love:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-25-2009, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the memories. Hard to believe that was over 6 years ago already!!! My how time flies when you're having fun.

I like the advice from Phred (Cinder & Smoke) on one of the very first days
Anna "Furrie Wun" iz Reelee Important!!
Treet her wifff da Kid Gluves - kuz we tink she's purdy much In Charge -
an prolly haz da Finul Say bout yer Stayin or goin back to da offis.How true it was....and is! And as far as I know, Eddie really has treated her with nothing but kid gluves from day one. Always the gentleman, which, I'm sure had a lot to do with the fact that that weekend has lasted sooo long! ;) :D

catmandu
02-11-2010, 09:51 AM
And Eddie and Winnie and HH Lady Edwina Rose and Juke Joint Joseph will share a table at Michaels Inn, where tthe Barbecue Buffet will be set up and there will be MEAT!!!:):)
And there will be LOVE as well, its Valentines Day.:love::love:

gini
02-11-2010, 10:28 AM
If this thread doesn't tug at your heartstrings - nothing will. I miss the "tails" of Edwina and Eduardo - but I know that I am not alone.

Randi
02-11-2010, 11:10 AM
If this thread doesn't tug at your heartstrings - nothing will. I miss the "tails" of Edwina and Eduardo - but I know that I am not alone.
No, you certainly are NOT! :(

momcat
02-11-2010, 12:16 PM

Yup, me too. It was fun seeing Eddie again. They were all great but the picture of him getting a manicure has to be a PT classic. The expression on his sweet little face is just priceless.

Killearn Kitties
02-11-2010, 02:53 PM
They were all great but the picture of him getting a manicure has to be a PT classic. The expression on his sweet little face is just priceless.
Isn't it just? :love: Take a bow Randi, that one was one of the best PT pictures ever.