PDA

View Full Version : A little black kitty; 1/13; HE has bonded finally; *Update*; post #80

Medusa
10-27-2009, 06:22 PM
Has to be black, this time of year yet. I was snoozing on the sofa when I heard Yodie go nuts scratching at the window. I looked outside and there was a black kitten sitting in the mulch under the window. I'm not good at estimating how old cats are but s/he's small, looks to be under a year old, IMO. I went outdoors but as soon as s/he heard the door open, s/he ran off. I have a shelter set up outdoors but it must be warm in the mulch because strays always seem to go there first. Sure hope s/he's going to be ok.

cassiesmom
10-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Medusa, bless you for looking out for this wee one! I hope s/he comes back to you.

slick
10-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Another PTer with a Welcome Mat out the front.....;)

Hotel Cat-Ohio????

Pinot's Mom
10-28-2009, 07:11 AM
Oh, the wee black one will be back! Mulch does keep a warmer temperature, and you've been spotted, Medusa! Keep us updated! ;)

pomtzu
10-28-2009, 07:17 AM
Blackie Boo II ?? :cool:

catmandu
10-28-2009, 09:41 AM
Thats great that Little Black Kitten comes around to see you.
Some Dry Food in a heavy diuty carboard box, or the cover from a covered litter box witha blanket inside should do nicely as a Cat :cool::cool: Fort until you can have your New Friend come to trust you!
They hopefully you can find a Furr Ever Home for that Elegant Ebony!
God Bless You for caring!!!
:love::love::love:

Medusa
11-18-2009, 06:34 AM
He's back. I think that he's been sleeping in the shelter that I put outdoors because he was standing near it this morning. He looked in the patio window so I put food and water out there for him but he took off. Yodie yowled like a banshee. I probably shouldn't feed him but I can't help it. He reminds me too much of my Boo when I first rescued him; he's so little. I can't stand to see any creature go hungry. I wish he'd stick around long enough for me to get a pic.

Anikaca77
11-18-2009, 07:45 AM
I know how you feel. If I see a cat I have to set out food and water for them.

I hope he comes back to get something to eat.

Melissa

Pinot's Mom
11-18-2009, 07:48 AM
Of course little Blacky is back! Your house is marked!! I hope he comes to stay-keep us posted.;)

Freedom
11-18-2009, 08:15 AM
The colder it gets, the more you will see of him I think. With shelter, food and water, what more could a kitty ask for?

Best wishes wee one!

Medusa
11-18-2009, 08:17 AM
I just checked the food dish and it's empty, so somebody ate the food. There are also two black and white cats that I see on occasion so it could've been one of them but they look well fed. This little guy is thin so I hope it was he who ate the food.

catmandu
11-18-2009, 09:49 AM
Sad to say that could be a criminal offense where I live.
http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy113/pocoloco_2009/meowies2548.jpg
What will Pouncer Roccalno do then????:(
http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy113/pocoloco_2009/th_purrywurries1210.jpg (http://s783.photobucket.com/albums/yy113/pocoloco_2009/?action=view&current=purrywurries1210.flv)
And where will Katherine Lee Sterling and her Babies go if they wont give her shelter?:(
We pray you can help that Little Sweet Black Lost Cat:love::love::love:
Bless You for caring.:love::love::love:

kitten645
11-18-2009, 10:28 AM
Fingers and paws crossed the wee one sticks around and lets you befriend him/her! Blackies are the best:love:

kuhio98
11-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Gotta love those LBKs - Little Black Kitties :D

Laura's Babies
11-18-2009, 01:11 PM
Just keep putting food out for him and maybe you will become friends... I am like you, I can let them go hungry either,

momtomany
11-20-2009, 06:15 PM
I sure hope the little black beauty is the one eating and how wonderful you are to do so. My car is called the cat mobile cause the trunk is full of food for my colonies and any cat I see anywhere...........I am just a sucker and will leave food for any cat I see just in case it is hungry.

moosmom
11-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Oh Mary, thank you so much for taking care of this precious little one. It's so hard to look away when there's an animal that's thin and hungry.

Bless you, girl!!

Medusa
11-21-2009, 06:40 AM
I noticed that Coco Puff was awfully interested in what was going on outside and it was dark so it wasn't birds. The little black kitty was checking out the shelter I put out there. So I got more food and water and tried to get a pic but he bolted. This morning the food was gone so I'm assuming he's the one who ate it. It was a fairly warm night so if he didn't sleep in the shelter, I'm not too worried but when the brutal weather does set in, I hope he'll use it.

phesina
11-21-2009, 09:19 AM
God bless you, Mary. Thank you so much for looking after and taking care of this little one.

Medusa
11-21-2009, 09:21 AM
You all would do and have done the same and you know it. :p

kb2yjx
11-21-2009, 12:08 PM
Mary, you have a heart of GOLD!!!

Medusa
11-25-2009, 11:55 AM
Well, looks like LBK is going to be a regular around here. He's been sleeping in the shelter and he comes around at breakfast and dinner time, looks in the patio window as if to say "Ahem, excuse me. My tummy's growling". I took 3 pix of him but 2 didn't turn out right and this one isn't much better but here it is. He's a mini Boo. :p

orangemm
11-25-2009, 12:08 PM
Aww, look at that face........his expression says "please help me". Mary, you are wonderful to be looking after this little one. Thank you for being there for him................:love:

Medusa
11-25-2009, 01:17 PM
He bolts as soon as he sees me, though. I'd like to see if he's fixed. I sure don't need any kittens running around out there.

phesina
11-25-2009, 03:42 PM
Mary, any chance the little dear could be lured into a humane trap baited with especially yummy food?

Medusa
11-25-2009, 06:23 PM
Mary, any chance the little dear could be lured into a humane trap baited with especially yummy food?

I've thought about it. A friend of mine has traps that I know he would lend me but I'm not sure if LBK belongs to anyone. Last time I took in a stray, the poor thing had all the fatal diseases and had to be PTS. I'm going to become known as the lady cat killer if it happens again. My neighbors have seen him but don't know if he belongs to anyone and I don't want to ask Mr. Cat Kicker next door because I don't want to draw attention to him. I'm not sure what to do.

Medusa
12-05-2009, 08:53 AM
Two more cats have shown up outside. This is exactly what I was afraid would happen. The little tuxie came back and a big tiger striped cat was there last night. It was way past dinner time so I didn't put any more food out. I don't want to attract any more cats. If they're there when I feed LBK, then, of course, I'll feed them, too, but I won't put food out "just in case". I don't know if they belong to anyone or not. I just cannot go back into rescue. I'm too overwhelmed w/my own kitty situations right now and it really isn't in the budget either. I'll never turn my back on a hungry creature ever, whether it has fur, feathers or skin but I know how quickly this situation can turn into a nightmare. It's how I ended up feeding 27 outdoor cats and my own 8 at one time. It took up so much of my time and money that, looking back on it, I don't know how I pulled it off. Anyhow, just thought I'd update you. Cats sure can network, can't they?

columbine
12-05-2009, 08:39 PM
There are days I wish I could draw, because this is comic strip material.

Picture: LBK scratching a tree. Caption (in old-time typewriter letters): Food available, but you must let yourself be seen.

Picture: Tuxie peeing on a tuft of weeds. Caption: Food good, service unreliable.

Picture: Tiger rubbing face on doorstep. Caption: DIBS!

Love, Columbine

Medusa
12-06-2009, 05:04 AM
There are days I wish I could draw, because this is comic strip material.

Picture: LBK scratching a tree. Caption (in old-time typewriter letters): Food available, but you must let yourself be seen.

Picture: Tuxie peeing on a tuft of weeds. Caption: Food good, service unreliable.

Picture: Tiger rubbing face on doorstep. Caption: DIBS!

Love, Columbine

You and RICHARD should team up. LOL

LBK wasn't even here last night, let alone the other two cats. It was a cold night so now I'm wondering if he does indeed belong to someone and they kept him indoors. He's been sleeping off/on in the shelter I put outside. If the tuxie is the same one as before, s/he's really friendly but I've only seen the tiger once. I sure hope everything is ok w/LBK.

Medusa
12-06-2009, 07:16 AM
LBK just showed up for his breakfast, so I fed him, of course, and put some warm cream in another dish. Guess what he went for first? I wish I could've gotten a close up of him w/cream splashed all over his face. He looked adorable! I feel so bad watching him eat, though; every little sound makes him jump and he whips his head around to see what's up. Tough life for outdoor kitties. I wish I had an unlimited budget. No creature would ever be hungry, cold or afraid ever again.

Medusa
12-06-2009, 08:19 AM
Ok, I'm now officially worried. Coco Puff had his attention fixed on something outside the kitchen window and when I looked, LBK was in a submissive position b/c the tuxie was arched, tail thick and ready to strike. At one point, LBK rolled on his back and the tuxie crouched over him but didn't strike. S/he slowly walked away and LBK stayed there. The tuxie is big, fully grown; LBK is a little guy, looks to be under a year old. He'll get the snot beat out of him, especially now that I see he's submissive. Actually, the tuxie isn't really a tuxie, I think; s/he has the markings of a Holstein cow, so I don't think it's the same one that came around this summer. Sigh. Let the games begin.

kb2yjx
12-06-2009, 08:33 AM
Mary!!! It sure sounds like you might become the Found Hotel of Ohio!!!

katladyd
12-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Every area needs one.

Medusa
12-06-2009, 04:16 PM
I closed mine when I bought this house 5 years ago but I'm wondering now if I'm going to end up opening another branch. No sign of LBK since breakfast.

Medusa
12-07-2009, 08:10 AM
No LBK for breakfast this morning. I sure hope he didn't get beat up or worse. No sign of the other cats either. :(

ETA: I just fed him. Whew! I kept looking for him but finally noticed that Coco Puff was fixed in one spot in front of one of the patio windows. LBK was crouched behind a shrub and if I hadn't been looking for him, I wouldn't have seen him. I put his food out and he actually came closer to the nearest shrub and mewed. He's definitely still a kitten; he didn't meow, he mewed. I hope he was just cold and not hiding from the other cats b/c that makes me so sad that he might be afraid.

Anikaca77
12-07-2009, 10:10 AM
I wish I had an unlimited budget. No creature would ever be hungry, cold or afraid ever again.

I couldn't agree more or wish more that I was too on an unlimited budget to help these little creatures.

momcat
12-07-2009, 07:06 PM
Thank you a million times over for helping little LBK :love: I hear there's some bad weather heading your way. You've given this kitty a place to find refuge from the elements and there's no doubt he'll be back to fill his tummy and take shelter.

Groucho is sending you lots of purrs and kitty kisses for helping his fellow kitty in need.

Medusa
12-09-2009, 05:22 PM
A neighbor called today to tell me that LBK had been killed, they she saw him in the road at the end of our street but it wasn't LBK after all. Apparently, there were two black kitties roaming the neighborhood. LBK showed up for breakfast shortly after her call this morning. Whew! :eek:

3Catcondo
12-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Oh no. RIP Other LBK. I'm glad your LBK is safe.

Medusa
12-11-2009, 03:43 PM
He didn't show up for breakfast this morning and he hasn't come around for dinner yet either. I'm starting to get worried. The weather has been brutally cold and windy. Maybe he belongs to someone after all and they've kept him inside. He doesn't come at the same time every day but he always manages to get two meals a day. Send out a good thought for LBK, please? :(

lizbud
12-11-2009, 04:35 PM
The brutal winds we had the last couple of days, kept two of my
regulars away too. I only feed 4,(outside) but it's always the same cats.
I hope LBK found a safe, dry place to go.

Medusa
12-11-2009, 05:03 PM
The black and white cat just showed up but ran off when s/he saw me. She apparently knows this is the place to go for food so I'm sure she'll be back b/c I put food out. But now I don't know what to think. I don't know if LBK is too afraid to come around b/c the b&w cat was bullying him or if he's indoors or if something happened to him.

This is how I "officially" got started in rescue in the first place. Peeka was my neighbor's cat and was missing. The temps were below freezing and she finally returned but to my house instead of my neighbor's. She was badly injured and had an infection that resulted in her having to get her tail amputated but my neighbor wouldn't assume responsibility for her, so I took her on the condition that I could take her brother Boo, too. I called them my Christmas miracles. Now here's history sort of repeating itself. I sure hope my little guy/gal is alright.

ETA: He's back! Whew! I just got up from the computer and noticed that Coco Puff was staring out the patio window. I checked and there was LBK, chowing down. He usually runs when he sees me but he must be really hungry b/c he only looked up and I said "Hi, buddy!" and he kept on eating. I'm so relieved! The b&w cat reminds me of my RB Puddy. She was a calico but this cat has the same short, fluffy tail as Puddy had. I guess I'm just nostalgic right now.

catmandu
12-11-2009, 05:36 PM
That reminds me of the Black Cats who have crossed my path.
Tubby 2 named after Tubby the travelling RV Cat who was older and sadly passed away after a year of being a Found Cat.:(
Tubster Panther once a small hungry Stray , now a Found Cat in good standing and a Huge Black Cat!!!!:love:
Ebony Beau Tubster would have a Found Cat , but sadly had RIP and FELV.
We miss EBT and have named our Outdoor Enclosure the Ebony Beau Tubster Memorial Sanctuary.:(
And Ebonite Tubbette who died under mysterious circumstances:(
We are praying that Little Black Cat will be a successful rescue and My Elegant Ebony Angels are trying thier best to convince Little Black Cat that you are a Good Purrson , and theres a Furrever Home just waiting to be claimed!!!

momcat
12-12-2009, 04:21 PM
What a relief to know that LBK is back and munching out. Do you know if kitty is using the shelter you set up? If it's as cold there as it is here, I pray this little sweetie has a warm home to go to. Thank you for all you do to help this little one!

Medusa
12-12-2009, 04:50 PM
What a relief to know that LBK is back and munching out. Do you know if kitty is using the shelter you set up? If it's as cold there as it is here, I pray this little sweetie has a warm home to go to. Thank you for all you do to help this little one!

It doesn't appear that he is using the shelter. I have a feeling that he belongs to someone and that he didn't come around for a while b/c they at least may have had the common sense to keep him indoors when the weather was so brutal. It warmed up today but the last few days were awful, sub freezing temps and high winds. I felt bad about any creature being out there. I can always tell how bad it is when I see that no birds are feeding.

I wish there was an outlet close to the shelter; I'd put a heating pad on low in between blankets as I used to do when I lived at the rental. But the shelter is on the side of the house that's better protected from the elements. If I move it to where the outlet is, there's more exposure plus my Fur Posse have an advantage of darting out the door if they see him and I sure don't want that! LBK's mew is so heartbreaking; it sounds as though he's crying. My cats all have distinct meows but none of them sound like that. It gives me LES just thinking about it.

Medusa
12-14-2009, 08:24 AM
He let me pet him! He didn't show up for dinner last night but he did show his face during my garage sale. He sat just far away enough that he felt safe and he mewed a little but when my friend said "hi" to him, he ran off. This morning he must have been really hungry, sweet boy, b/c he looked directly in the sliding glass door of my patio and Boo had his nose pressed up against the glass. It was like a mirror image. When I went for my camera, of course, Boo walked away.

When I started to dish out LBK's breakfast, he ran right up to me and started to eat while I was still dishing it out. I took a chance and lightly stroked him and he didn't flinch but I could tell that he was just famished and wasn't there for attention; he wanted food! If he really does trust me, I may be able to get more pix of him. I do not want to take in another cat but I keep remembering Boo, my Christmas miracle, and it's eating at me. My finances just won't allow it so I'll do my best to keep LBK well fed and warm and comfortable and I'll give him as much love and attention as he'll let me give him.

RICHARD
12-14-2009, 08:29 AM
When are you going to get your tattoo?

Medusa
12-14-2009, 08:54 AM
When are you going to get your tattoo?

I'm afraid to ask what that means. "Sucker" maybe? LOL

RICHARD
12-14-2009, 08:59 AM
I'm afraid to ask what that means. "Sucker" maybe? LOL

Why do you ask, when you know the answer?:D:D

Now that the "shoe is on the other foot" - lace it up and get moving!;)

GILL
12-14-2009, 09:04 AM
I like Richard got mine long ago. Wouldn't have it any other way. Welcome back to the club. All the out side cats that were in the neighborhood are now in my house (once in they don't go out), yes it does get a bit tight and it does stretch the budget, but we can go without a few things, they can not.

Medusa
12-14-2009, 09:38 AM
It isn't just my budget that prevents me from taking them in; it's just become increasingly difficult to handle it all. I'm not ancient by any stretch but I am getting older and find that I need more help than I used to. If I were still married and had a partner, done deal, but I have to be practical. Plus if I want to go on vacation or to work conferences, it becomes very expensive to pay a good catsitter. Fortunately, I do have one but she can't medicate them and all of my cats are on meds, so I have to pay extra to have someone come in just to administer meds. Also, keeping the house clean and disinfected is exhausting. I have to depend on my catsitter when I'm away to keep up w/all of it.

Like you, John, I feel that once they're in, they don't go back out. Specs acts like a maniac whenever he sees LBK, so does Yodie, and I just don't want cat fights and pee wars. I have a fairly calm household except for the illnesses which seem to be coming on more frequently. My trips to the vet wear me out let alone my finances. Just this latest episode w/Yodie cost me $1200 and we're not finished. I will NEVER allow LBK to go w/out food or shelter and I'll give him as much attention as he'll allow me. Plus I'm not convinced that he doesn't belong to someone but I'm leery of knocking on doors b/c there are a few cat haters in the neighborhood, one of which lives right next door.

LBK came back just a few minutes ago and I thought maybe he wanted attention this time. Nope. He was still hungry so I gave him a little bit of dry food plus some Whisker Lickins pouch food. He didn't want me to pet him this time, so I just put the food down and left.

catmandu
12-14-2009, 09:57 AM
Even if you cant take in Little Black Cat, we are praying that you can find him a FurrEver Home some where he will be safe, cherished and warm.
I think Ebony Beau Tubsters:):) giving his protege Little Black Cat :cool::cool:lessons on how to win over Meeowmies!!!
:cool::cool::cool:

Tora Oni
12-15-2009, 02:44 PM
:love: I know how heart strings can tug on an empty wallet, especially when I walk into the cat room at the local humane society I'm so thankful they take such good care of the cats, and most of the cats do get adopted. Poor LBK, at least your doing what you can and he is being taken care of though maybe is other owners do own him.

Medusa
12-15-2009, 03:13 PM
He was't around when I had to rush Pidge in to the vet's this morning but maybe he came while we were gone and got tired of waiting b/c he just now showed up and was pawing at my hands as I was dishing the food. That cat was hungry! He now runs up to me w/abandon so we're making progress. I bought a case of cat food just for him yesterday so I guess I'm in this thing. LOL

catmandu
12-15-2009, 03:33 PM
I know that Ebony Beau Tubster, Ebonite and Tubby 2 Angels are happy that thier Little Black Cat protege has a acse of food all to himself.
They know that you will do your very best to find him a Furrever Home for CatMas!!!

orangemm
12-15-2009, 04:12 PM
Maybe LBK could be a porch cat, a la Gary?:confused::D:rolleyes:

Medusa
12-15-2009, 05:37 PM
Maybe LBK could be a porch cat, a la Gary?:confused::D:rolleyes:

That's rather what s/he is now anyhow. I just know how that can spiral out of control b/c where there's one cat, there are always more. Two other cats show up occasionally and I don't want to put myself in the position where I'm feeding and vetting 27 outdoor cats again. I simply cannot afford it plus I donated all my out door houses to a vet tech. If my neighbor the cat hater sees a bunch of cats congregating at my house, I know that he'll either harm them or call animal control on me so I have to be careful. A while ago he got a puppy for his daughters and kept it maybe a week before he gave it away, said it was too much work and he didn't want to clean up after it so he won't be sympathetic to me at all.

Medusa
12-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Well, I found out where LBK has been sleeping; under a tarp that I have around my patio furniture. I just don't get it. I put out a nice dog house w/the door off center so that s/he has a wall for protection from wind, there's a big, fluffy blanket inside, it's covered w/a tarp, it's on legs so that it's off the ground but s/he'd rather sleep on the cold concrete. I just now put a fluffy rug under the tarp until tomorrow morning. When the bitter, high winds have calmed down, I'll move the dog house near the tarped patio furniture and I'll put a heating pad on low so that, hopefully, s/he'll go in there.

I'm going to pay more attention to fliers to see if anyone is missing a black cat b/c if s/he belongs to someone, s/he's decided s/he likes it better here. S/he sits at my sliding door and cries and I can tell s/he's hungry but I don't want to feed him/her more than twice a day. I'm going to have to get him/her vetted and checked to see if s/he's been altered but w/all my Fur Posse's illnesses right now, my finances are stretched, especially w/Christmas next week.

Anikaca77
12-16-2009, 08:07 AM
Mary-

Thank you for everything you are doing for this sweet black cat. It's always hard to see them or hear about cats outside and I do what I can. I have a stray boy that lives out near my apartment complex but with 10 and the 1 foster right now till this Saturday there is just no way I could afford to take in anymore. I still feed the guy outside and give him water but he isn't very friendly and recently he's been hissing at me when I go to give him food, I think it scares him that he is becoming used to me coming around and giving him food but who knows.

Thanks for feeding this baby.
Melissa

Medusa
12-18-2009, 05:57 AM
I moved the dog house and put a heating pad in between folds of the blanket. S/he was still stubborn and refused to go inside until last night. When s/he saw me, s/he ran out of the house and up to my door. Most times, though, s/he sleeps on the cold cement so I put a fluffy rug out there so s/he'll at least have a little warmth. S/he's become very affectionate and when I call him/her, s/he comes running. I even can pick him/her up but not for long; s/he doesn't seem to like being held. S/he even flopped over as though s/he wanted a belly rub and I made a slight move in that direction but s/he was going to be rough and I didn't want him/her to wrap around my hand and arm and dig in, so I pulled back and said "NO!" As soon as I get paid next month, I'll take him/her in for vetting. Hopefully, s/he'll come back clean. S/he stands a good chance of being adopted, I think. S/he's still young enough b/c you know how many people are; they want kittens, not cats.

Anikaca77
12-18-2009, 09:33 AM
I'm glad the cat is being friendly. You are right there people want kittens most of the times not cats.

I'm glad LBK is still coming around though.

melissa

Medusa
12-22-2009, 06:19 PM
When my old rescue friend called me and said "I know someone who is looking for a black cat", I couldn't believe it. I became suspicious, though, b/c whenever someone is breed/color specific, my antennae go up, perhaps wrongly. I love Calicos and I would probably not be able to turn away a Calico to keep forever but that's me. If I don't know the person, then I get nervous. Anyhow, we were working on placing him w/this man but b/c I had to make so many trips back and forth to the vet w/Yodie and Pidgie during the last couple of weeks, it just wasn't doable and I didn't want to jinx it by posting it on PT until it actually happened. Yesterday was supposed to be the day but, of course, I had my situation w/Pidge and it just couldn't be done. So. I just got home after dropping him off w/my rescue friend.

LBK cried the entire drive there. I felt awful. I put my fingers inside the carrier door to stroke him and he rubbed his face up against them and laid his head down on them. I didn't want to transfer him to another cage in case he panicked and then we'd have to chase him, so I just talked to him, told him that I love him and told him that he was going to a good home. My rescue friend called me while I was driving home and he said that LBK let him transfer him to another carrier w/no problem and that he had already dropped him off at his new home. The man has a lot of cats and some dogs but apparently they all get along and I trust the rescue man totally that LBK went to a good home. He's turned down many people who wanted cats that he had for adoption. So why do I feel so sad? I feel like I've lost two cats now. I said that if it doesn't work out, I'd take LBK back. I don't want to take in another cat but I feel heartbroken right now. I should be happy but I'm not. :(

Grace
12-22-2009, 06:30 PM
I understand how you feel. These little critters just worm their way right into our hearts, and we just know that no one but us can give them the perfect home.

That's why we have 6 cats instead of 2 :)
I could never refuse a cute whiskered face.

sasvermont
12-22-2009, 07:06 PM
Mary, I once rescued a little kitty from the side of the road. I made sure he had a good home and all the while, wanted him back. BUT once I heard how happy he was in his new home, I just new I did the right thing. I suspect you will feel the same, once things settle down for you. You need some quiet time with your guys as well as a stress free holiday.

Maybe you will be able to receive updates on the LBK. That would warm your heart, I am sure.

You did the right thing. And hey, if he ends up back with you, then it was meant to be.

Catty1
12-22-2009, 07:33 PM
{{{hugs}}}

If I had another CD, I would send it to you.:love:

kb2yjx
12-22-2009, 07:54 PM
Mary, I know when I bottled fed and raised Rudy and Monty, I was SO careful to be sure that they went to a good home....it absolutely broke my heart to let them go, so I know how you feel right now....LBK knows that you tried very hard to do the right thing....in a way, this is the best Christmas gift LBK could ever have, a forever home....

Medusa
12-22-2009, 08:37 PM
{{{hugs}}}

If I had another CD, I would send it to you.:love:

Funny you should mention that, Candace. When I left for Dr. Lee's yesterday, I was going to put your CD in the player in my car but I was so rushed to get her in there that I forgot it. I know how she liked that one song and I was going to replay it continuously til we got there. The last time I took her in, she was so quiet that I was afraid we wouldn't make it. This time she sounded as though she was yelling, so I knew she was really sick and the CD might have calmed her down had I remembered to bring it. :(

Catty1
12-22-2009, 11:36 PM
Well...you said her favourite was the Lullaby. I thought of the words to it when I heard about Pidgie...and they are sadder, though still soothing. Listen to it again when you are ready...I think you'd be a total mess otherwise.

The Boy is arriving soon? I hope that will comfort if not cheer you.

Medusa
12-23-2009, 06:22 AM
Well...you said her favourite was the Lullaby. I thought of the words to it when I heard about Pidgie...and they are sadder, though still soothing. Listen to it again when you are ready...I think you'd be a total mess otherwise.

The Boy is arriving soon? I hope that will comfort if not cheer you.

Yes, the boy gets in this evening. He has lots of plans for us and I sure hope I have the energy to do all of it. I'm still way behind on everything and I'm having quite a house full tomorrow night. Oh well, it'll get done somehow.

It seems that even new habits die hard w/me. I got up during the night to check on LBK. And Coco Puff misses him/her, too. I could tell that they would've been good buddies; Coco Puff was just so curious but no thick tail, no hackles going up, just curiosity. He was always nose to nose w/LBK on the glass door. After I too LBK to his new home, Coco Puff kept going to that door and crying. He probably wonders what in the world is going on, first Pidge disappears and now LBK.

GILL
12-23-2009, 08:31 AM
I have to agree with Grace. During transports I some times I have too foster for a week or so. It gets real hard to let go and say good by even after a short time. Donna's Lucie is a good example, I only had her for 1 night. Fell in love, I know Donna with give her the best home.

Anikaca77
12-23-2009, 10:19 AM
I have to agree with Grace. During transports I some times I have too foster for a week or so. It gets real hard to let go and say good by even after a short time. Donna's Lucie is a good example, I only had her for 1 night. Fell in love, I know Donna with give her the best home.

Yeah it was very hard for me to give her to you, John.

orangemm
12-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Well Mary, in the space of two days or so, you have lost two kitties, Pidge and LBK. Maybe that's why you feel so sad?

But, in both cases you did your very best, so you have nothing to feel badly about. Pidge is at peace at the RB and LBK is in a new furrever home!

Try to relax this holiday; enjoy your family and friends and know in your :love: that you have made the right decisions.

Hope you have a lovely and peaceful Christmas!:love::love:

Medusa
12-25-2009, 12:39 PM
I received this in an email from LBK's new human this Christmas morning:

The new girl is finally out of the carrier' used the litter box and is eating. She is quite content at the moment, although I believe she is recovering from a broken heart. It is so very sad. But she is bonding with me, and trusts me completely at this point. She is very sweet and affectionate. And is still afraid of tiny Penelope Pickles! I would think that she has found her forever home. I am considering naming her either Fleur Bennett or Arwen Evenstar.

It's time to return to the kitchen and baking. Cookies for the neighbors, Mom and me. But still no Christmas tree; hopefully tonight.

Merry, Mary!

I'm so glad that she's doing well, especially since the weather has turned nasty again; cold, windy and pouring rain. My rescue friend told me that LBK wrapped her legs around her new human's neck and it made me jealous! I have to keep reminding myself that she's better off w/him. He reminds me of our own Catmandu w/the names he gives his cats.

katladyd
12-25-2009, 02:28 PM
We all have different systems for naming our cats, don't we? Mine both start with the letter M, though that wasn't done on purpose. At least I don't think so. MacGyver was named after the t.v. show character. He is very smart and resourceful. He can break into anything and is curious about everything! Ming is a Siamese, so the name sort of fits. But really, he was named after a cat I knew who had the most beautiful green eyes I have ever seen (that cat was not Siamese). Ming has absolutely gorgeous blue eyes, as do most Siamese. Mary, he looks very much like Coco Puff! I have taken tons of pictures of him and when I have the time and money (I'm short on both these days) I will get them developed and post them on here.
As far as LBK goes, you did the right thing in finding her a good home. She will never be on the cold outside, mewing to be noticed, ever again. You should feel real good about that!:)

catmandu
12-25-2009, 04:00 PM
You should be proud Mary that you found a home for Little Black Cat , as Black Cats are sometimes the hardest to rehome.
Tubby 2 , Ebony Beau Tubster and Ebonite are setting up the Golden Star by your name in The Heroes Hall of the Rainbow Bridge Hall of Fame!!
:love::love:
And when you arrive there years from now, you will reap your just rewards!!!
:love::love:
Furrever!!!
:cool::cool:

krazyaboutkatz
12-25-2009, 11:58 PM
Mary, I'm glad to hear that LBK has found her forever home and is now doing well and safe from the outdoors.:) As Gary said you should be proud of yourself for being able to find her a home and a very loving home at that.:)

Catty1
12-26-2009, 01:52 PM
Her new human was thoughtful enough to add that he thought LBK was suffering from a broken heart...meaning LBK missed you tons! I thought that was so sweet. :):love:

Arwen Evenstar is the elf (half-elf, as was her father) from Lord of the Rings, who gave up her immortality and married Aragorn. She was beautiful, strong, smart and unique.

First two pics here are of the character Arwen; the second two of Fleur Bennett, a British actress who starred for one year in "Are You Being Served Again?" as the character Mavis.

LBK's new human sounds quite eclectic!:)

Medusa
12-26-2009, 02:06 PM
LBK's new human sounds quite eclectic!:)

He's a retired school teacher of special needs children. He does sound devoted to his furkids.

And thanx for the info on the names, Candace. The things I learn on PT. :)

Catty1
12-26-2009, 02:49 PM
Maybe he's single, Mary? Maybe check him out while The Boy is there to approve! :D

Medusa
01-13-2010, 06:34 AM
Back and forth, back and forth. There were no parts back there but my boys are all neutered and after a while, there's nothing to see, so it's easy to understand why we all thought LBK could be a girl. He was neutered right after the new year.

I received an update about him and he's finally fitting in at his new home. He's apparently bonded w/one of the other cats and they snuggle together and sleep in the bathroom sink. His human has decided to let them be so he brushes his teeth in the bathtub! LOL

kuhio98
01-13-2010, 09:28 AM
Back and forth, back and forth. There were no parts back there but my boys are all neutered and after a while, there's nothing to see, so it's easy to understand why we all thought LBK could be a girl. He was neutered right after the new year.

I received an update about him and he's finally fitting in at his new home. He's apparently bonded w/one of the other cats and they snuggle together and sleep in the bathroom sink. His human has decided to let them be so he brushes his teeth in the bathtub! LOL
He sounds like "our" kinda people. Wanna invite him to join Pet Talk? It would be great to see LBK grow and flourish.

Medusa
01-13-2010, 09:31 AM
He sounds like "our" kinda people. Wanna invite him to join Pet Talk? It would be great to see LBK grow and flourish.

He does, doesn't he? I did invite him to Pet Talk through the rescue person that I dealt with but he's a very private person and I don't even have his email address. He emails the rescue person and that person copies and pastes his email and then sends it to me. It would be nice to have him here, though.:)

katladyd
01-13-2010, 12:37 PM

He probably also waits to get up to use the bathroom so he won't disturb the Precious One on his lap! Sounds like a great guy!:D

Prairie Purrs
01-13-2010, 01:02 PM
I wonder what he named LBK. Aragorn, perhaps? :D

Medusa
01-16-2010, 08:29 AM
I wonder what he named LBK. Aragorn, perhaps? :D

You got it, Penny! Aragorn Dunedian.