PDA

View Full Version : Question of the day - October 26th!

luvofallhorses
10-26-2009, 11:57 AM
What is your favorite reality show?

Mine is So you think you can dance. :)

sparks19
10-26-2009, 12:09 PM
So you think you can dance is my favorite also... close second is hell's kitchen

Catherinedana
10-26-2009, 12:30 PM
OMG! I absolutely LOOOOOVED RuPaul's Drag Race! It was hysterical and so engrossing. The "ladies" on the show made if fun and camp and catty - I even got my husband watching it! Can't wait for the new season!

I totally loved Nina Flowers and was very upset when she didn't win. :( :p

We also watch America's Got Talent when it's on. . .is that a reality show or just considered a talent show? I liked it for some of the same reasons I like the Drag Race! Hee hee!

pomtzu
10-26-2009, 12:43 PM
Deadliest Catch!

Pinot's Mom
10-26-2009, 12:54 PM
Tie: Project Runway/ Top Chef

kokopup
10-26-2009, 01:00 PM
The original concept for a reality show was an unscripted situation of drama
or comedy. Since today all of the suppose reality shows are contrived and scripted there is no reality involved. The only show of this type that I watch is the final 10 of American Idol.

Taz_Zoee
10-26-2009, 01:08 PM
I watch so many I don't know which one is my favorite.

So You Think You Can Dance
Biggest Loser
American Idol
Big Brother
Survivor
America's Got Talent
America's Best Dance Crew
Dancing with the Stars

The most inspirational one is Biggest Loser. The most fun ones are the dance/talent ones. I was WAY too much TV. My DVR is almost full since I've been busy lately.

Karen
10-26-2009, 01:24 PM
Tie: Project Runway/ Top Chef

I agree!

lvpets2002
10-26-2009, 03:35 PM
:) No Reservation with Anthony Bourdain
Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern
Man vs Food with Adam Richman
Blue Collar Comedy with the Guys
Jeff Dunham with Peanut & Walter
Yup forgot about Mike Rowe in Dirty Jobs.. Love that one too..
Love anything of Law & Order {total addiction}
Just Love The Closer [ addicted ]
Also Addicted too Forensic Files

RICHARD
10-26-2009, 03:48 PM
BULLY BEATDOWN. You can't fake a concussion!:eek:

Bring us your bullies.......:D

finn's mom
10-26-2009, 04:02 PM
Mine is Dirty Jobs! Mike Rowe is probably my favorite TV personality ever! It was hard for me to say which is my favorite, though, because I love So You Think You Can Dance so much, too! :)

finn's mom
10-26-2009, 04:03 PM
The original concept for a reality show was an unscripted situation of drama
or comedy. Since today all of the suppose reality shows are contrived and scripted there is no reality involved. The only show of this type that I watch is the final 10 of American Idol.

I agree with you for the most part, I don't like reality tv, but I didn't like it when it first started. But, Dirty Jobs is my favorite, and I don't think it's scripted! ;)

finn's mom
10-26-2009, 04:04 PM
Deadliest Catch!

I like that show a lot, but even the fisherman get a little too b****y for my taste. ;) Drama queens, hahaha!

Freedom
10-26-2009, 06:19 PM
I have never watched a reality show.

cassiesmom
10-26-2009, 07:31 PM
My favorite reality show is "America's Got Talent".

Pembroke_Corgi
10-26-2009, 07:44 PM
I don't really watch a lot of tv (with the exception of The Office and Lost), so I don't know many reality shows. I have seen "Kitchen Nightmares" a few times though and I find it funny when the chef pretends to puke from the food. The food can't be that bad if the restaurant is still actually in business, can it?

Asiel
10-26-2009, 08:15 PM
I've never watched a reality show, have no clue what they're all about.

anna_66
10-26-2009, 08:15 PM

OMG you don't know what your missing;)

My all time favorite is Survivor... but I do love Dirty Jobs!

luvofallhorses
10-26-2009, 09:31 PM
I've never watched a reality show, have no clue what they're all about.

It's something that happens in real life, like so you think you can dance only can have one winner America's favorite dancer they compete for so many weeks I want to say about a month and a half 20 of them and every week 2 of them get eliminated... then they have the top 10.. top 8... top 6.. .and finally the top 4 but you vote for your favorite at first favorite couples then you vote for one person. It's complicated to explain. LOL but one does win the title "America's favorite dancer" and then a quarter of a millon dollars and the top 10 go on a tour for a few months if that makes sense. :)

Genny
10-26-2009, 09:46 PM
I really don't know. I don't watch much tv-but I guess American Idol has to be my favorite :cool:

Alysser
10-26-2009, 09:48 PM
Project Runway is pretty good, but I don't really watch much reality tv.

kokopup
10-26-2009, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by Freedom

Neither has anyone else. IMO
http://blogs.discovery.com/mike_rowe_answers/2009/06/is-there-real-in-reality-tv-is-mike-a-dirt-documentarian.html

krazyaboutkatz
10-26-2009, 11:37 PM
American Idol is still my favorite. I don't know if this counts but I also enjoy watching most of the programs on HGTV. I love watching "Property Virgins" and then trying to guess which house they'll end up buying.:) I've also enjoyed watching "Hell's Kitchen" in the past but I wasn't able watch it this last time.

Pam
10-27-2009, 08:26 AM
I did watch Man versus Wild once. Is that a reality show? I actually thought it was pretty neat but never took note of the time or day so only saw it the one time.

Asiel
10-28-2009, 02:32 PM
OMG you don't know what your missing;)

My all time favorite is Survivor... but I do love Dirty Jobs!

Omg....my daughter keeps after me to watch this Survivor show, just can't seem to get into that stuff. I'm not a real big t.v. person.

Daisy and Delilah
10-28-2009, 02:53 PM
Right now it's Project Runway without hesitation. I love that show so much. My schedule revolves around it. I love American Idol when it's on. Dancing With the Stars is pretty good. Top Chef, Anything on the Food Network, Man vs. Food(this show is disgusting but I can't look away).....I might be a reality show fanatic. :eek: