PDA

View Full Version : Question of the day - October 25th!

luvofallhorses
10-25-2009, 06:49 PM
I thought I would start "Question of the day" here it's a "get to know you more" kind of thing of course the questions will be appropriate. :) Every day I'll start a new question of the day and this should be fun. :)

Today's question of the day is what is your favorite place to eat out that isn't fast food?

Mine is Mackenzie River Pizza, Montana Club, and Denny's. :)

Karen
10-25-2009, 06:56 PM
Right now California Pizza Kitchen, as they have the seasonal pumpkin cheesecake on the menu!

chocolatepuppy
10-25-2009, 07:02 PM
Red Lobster:D

krazyaboutkatz
10-25-2009, 07:02 PM
I love "The Fish Market" which is within walking distance from my home.:) The problem is that it's kind of expensive so I don't get to eat there too often.

pomtzu
10-25-2009, 07:03 PM
Red Lobster

Pinot's Mom
10-25-2009, 07:37 PM
oy-a little tough...I'll say Thai Aroma-the place up the road we depend on.

cassiesmom
10-25-2009, 07:44 PM
I have loads of favorites! A recent find is Claim Jumper ... they have a large menu, take-out and some of their pasta entrees easily make two meals for me.

Pembroke_Corgi
10-25-2009, 07:47 PM
Watercourse Foods, which is a vegetarian restaurant in Denver. :)

I also like Sweet Tomatoes, which is a salad buffet, but I always eat too much so we don't go there often.

happylabs
10-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Olive Garden.

sparks19
10-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Alices Diner

this is a little diner not too far from u s... we go there almost every weekend. it's a great little place

kitten645
10-25-2009, 09:10 PM
Well my favorite place is Bix in SF but it's $$$$:eek: So it's a bday kind of place. I love Sweet Tomato's for the value & quality. I'd consider Denny's fast food. Just not a drive thru ;) My new non-chain is called Coa in Danville,CA. I like to support independent business when I can:p
Claudia

Daisy and Delilah
10-25-2009, 09:20 PM
A little restaurant called Fish City Grill by my mother's place in Ormond Beach. It's the best kept secret in the area. It does have alot of good reviews on Trip Advisor though. The food is awesome. It's a small family run business. All the employees like to come up with new recipes for the chef. The chef is real clever too. I wish everybody could eat there. It's very reasonably priced too. :)

Freedom
10-25-2009, 09:27 PM
Davenport's is just up the street from me. This is their second location, been open almost 10 years now. The first one is further north in RI. Great food, decent prices. The seasonal items are intriguing. During the summer they had a spinach salad that had so many things in it, you began to wonder why it wasn't just an "everything goes!" salad, lol. Wednesday night special: Southwestern Meatloaf. Two HUGE slices of meatloaf, covered in bacon, home made onion rings (NOT from a can!), melted Jack cheese, with a BBQ sauce. Comes with 2 sides and plenty for 2 meals. UNDER $9!

finn's mom
10-25-2009, 09:33 PM
I can't really pick a favorite, so I will just say that a place I LOVED was called The Grape. It's in Dallas, and I have only been once, but it was amazing. Expensive, but so neat. I also really enjoyed Muriel's in New Orleans.

Genny
10-25-2009, 09:45 PM
I like Ol' Charleys.

kokopup
10-25-2009, 09:58 PM
When I was still able to eat my favorites were "Silvertron Cafe', "Davenports Pizza", and "The Fishmarket". These are all local to this area. "Romano's Macaroni Grill" was my favorite national chain.

Grace
10-25-2009, 10:06 PM
The Common Grill in Chelsea. I always get the roasted mussels from Maine :)

Andie
10-25-2009, 11:24 PM
Locally, it's Rosie's or (Dust's favorite because I work there and get everything half off if I make it myself) Pro Pizza. Rosie's has great salads and chicken nachos. Pro has great food because I make it. ;)

I also like Applebee's, Buffalo Wild Wings, Logan's Roadhouse, and Imo's Pizza. We're still young so it's still cool to like bar food and pizza. LOL

Pam
10-26-2009, 05:25 AM
Add me to the Red Lobster crowd. :)

anna_66
10-26-2009, 08:12 PM
Karen alerted me to this thread because so many of your chose Red Lobster as your favorite.
It does make me proud:D I work at Red Lobster and it's one of my favorites too!

I do love Longhorn though (also a Darden owned company), they have wonderful steaks.

Twisterdog
10-27-2009, 11:46 AM
I, too, love Red Lobster, but we don't have one around here.

My favorite local place is a sushi/Japanese/Thai restaurant called Siam King. Yum.