PDA

View Full Version : My new camera: a Canon EOS 450d!!! (it's here, #7)

Kirsten
10-25-2009, 07:18 AM
As you may now, I'm going through some rough and worrisome times, so a couple of days ago, my mother and Reinhold came up with a surprise for me: They suggested to order a dslr camera as an early birthday and Christmas present to cheer me up! :)

Well, on Friday, I have now ordered the Canon EOS 450d (Digital Rebel XSi in the US) (http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Digital-Camera-18-55mm-3-5-5-6/dp/B0012YA85A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1256472833&sr=8-1)!!!
Those who know me will probably know that I'm dreaming of a dslr camera for many years now, and I can't believe that within a couple of days, I will finally have the camera of my dreams! :)

However, it comes with a kit lens (EF-S 18-55mm 1:3,5-5,6) that won't allow you to do too many things, and I hope that I'll soon be able to get myself a tele lens. The Canon ones are expensive, but there are other ones fitting for that camera, cheaper ones, and I thought I will get one of those for starters. I would also like to have a polarizing filter, and a second battery.

And of course I will now have to learn a lot on photography, maybe take some lessons next year...

Okay, it's still a long road, but now with the camera, it's a least a beginning... :)

Kirsten

Freedom
10-25-2009, 08:59 AM
WOO HOO now THAT is exciting, and great news! Kitties, get ready to POSE! :D

Kirsten
10-25-2009, 03:57 PM
Yes, I hope it will soon be delivered! And of course my girls will be my first models... :D

Kirsten

krazyaboutkatz
10-25-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm very happy for you. You must be so excited.:D You've always taken excellent pictures before so I'm sure you'll continue to do so. Maybe eventually you'll be able to make some money doing this instead of it just be being a hobby.;)

Seravieve
10-25-2009, 06:11 PM
Oooh thats exciting.. I remember when J got her first Dslr (Nikon D70). It's a great camera. She had a Canon EOS slr before that. Was a nice film camera.

Even though the Canon lenses are more $$$, I'd have a tendency to say it might be worth it in the long run. Higher quality inside parts and such.. can lead to better, crisper photos. =)

Kirsten
10-26-2009, 04:04 PM
Got an email from amazon today that the camera's in the mail now... Can't wait! :)

Even though the Canon lenses are more $$$, I'd have a tendency to say it might be worth it in the long run. Higher quality inside parts and such.. can lead to better, crisper photos. =)

I'm sure the Canon ones are better, but before I could affort those, it will definitely take a very long time. I think it's better to begin with a cheaper one, I can sell that one again if I should ever have a chance to get a Canon lens.

Kirsten

Kirsten
10-27-2009, 06:41 AM
Yay!! My new camera has just arrived!!! :)

Still haven't taken a pic, need to charge the battery first. Can't wait! LOL

It came without a memory card, but I can use the one I have in my S5 for the time being. Need to get a second one though, would be annoying changing the card all the time.

Kirsten

momoffuzzyfaces
10-27-2009, 11:32 AM
Gosh, your pictures are always so beautiful I'd think you should teach photography!!! Hope the new camera works well for you!!! :love: