PDA

View Full Version : mmm can't wait for Chili

sparks19
10-24-2009, 04:26 PM
Well it's one of those days, rainy, dreary... not too cold but definitely not a pleasant day. and days like that call for only one comfort food.

CHILI!!!!

I'm trying out a new chili recipe. yes I am even cooking it myself haha. It's all put together right now and is just on the stove cooking away. the house smells WONDERFUL. mmmm mmm I can't wait to eat it. it smells delicious. and I got some special bread for dipping too

I can't wait to see how it turns out. if it tastes half as good as it smells then we are set.

lizbud
10-24-2009, 04:39 PM
Shame on you, posting a thread like this at dinner time.:D

Sounds delicious.:D

sparks19
10-24-2009, 04:40 PM
Shame on you, posting a thread like this at dinner time.:D

Sounds delicious.:D

HAHAHAHA

well at least I did it on a saturday and not while everyone is stuck at work and starving... that counts for something right? haha

We just taste tested it and we added a little bit of cumin but MAN is it tasting good already. I think we are gonna make a little rice with it too.

WHY does chili take so long to COOK AHHHHHHHH

Puckstop31
10-24-2009, 04:41 PM
If you are making Chili Liz, ya better get to it. LOL Takes a long time to cook.

Just had a taste test. Good stuff. Gonna serve it over rice.

But...
It better be good... Because BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I am BUMMED. :(

I missed a EASY shot on a doe this morning. I even got two shots off. The first one I deserved to miss, dumb shot should have never taken it. The second one however... (Yes, I got a second one, which is why I am even more pissed off.) She was inside 20 yards for sure. I can remember the sight picture like I am still doing it. WHY did I put the 30 yard pin on her?

The miss was so bad, she did not even move from it. It was that far over her. She busted me trying to nock my LAST arrow.

Just CRAP. Then, of course, its raining like made at 3:30, when my neighbor and I were going out for the evening. So we decide to pass. AND NOW ITS SUNNY OUT.

Yeah, this Chili better be good babe. ;)

[/pity party]

Dang, dang, dang, dang.....

But, its how it goes. Lesson learned. But it still sucks. LOL

pomtzu
10-24-2009, 04:49 PM
Put your chili in the crock pot and let it cook all day. Can't beat it done that way. :D Next time, try serving it over white tortilla chips and sprinkle shredded jalapeno cheese on top. YUM! :D

And you're probably gonna get more rain. It was a crazy day weather wise here. First cloudy and then sunny - back and forth. Right now it looks like it's getting ready to pour. :(

sparks19
10-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Put your chili in the crock pot and let it cook all day. Can't beat it done that way. :D Next time, try serving it over white tortilla chips and sprinkle shredded jalapeno cheese on top. YUM! :D

And you're probably gonna get more rain. It was a crazy day weather wise here. First cloudy and then sunny - back and forth. Right now it looks like it's getting ready to pour. :(

Yeah... I'm definitely going to try it in a crock pot next time but we didn't decide on this meal until I was heading out grocery shopping at around 1:30 lol so it was a little late to start it crock pot style but yeah I think crock pot is the way to go with something like this too....

and the tortilla chips and jalapeno cheese on tops sound WONDERFUL. definitely going to try that one

Karen
10-24-2009, 06:03 PM
Sigh. I do miss chili. But without the beef, the beans, the chili pepper, the garlic - it's just not the same, and I am allergic to all of those. Tomato soup is NOT chili!

Puckstop31
10-24-2009, 07:13 PM
Ahhh yeah. "Last meal" good.

Wow. Good work babe.

sparks19
10-24-2009, 07:15 PM
thank you ... I would take a bow but I am way too full lol.

it was pretty dang delicious if I do say so myself.

Medusa
10-25-2009, 07:34 AM
I bought everything to make chili, then I got a phone call from a friend saying that she made it and would bring me some today. She puts corn and mushrooms in hers. :confused: Anyone else put ingredients in that seem odd? She's a fan of canned vegetables and I'm not and I don't want to appear ungrateful but canned mushrooms are so rubbery. I just can't imagine them in chili. Ah well, it's nice that she thought of me. She said that her chili isn't thick; she likes it thinner. W/all those ingredients, that's soup, IMO. I met someone who told me that he puts in an ingredient in his spaghetti sauce that you'd never imagine: coffee grounds and ground up eggshells. Good grief. It tasted like what I imagine the leavings in his garbage disposal would taste like! :eek:

pomtzu
10-25-2009, 09:02 AM
. I met someone who told me that he puts in an ingredient in his spaghetti sauce that you'd never imagine: coffee grounds and ground up eggshells. Good grief. It tasted like what I imagine the leavings in his garbage disposal would taste like! :eek:

Now that sounds absolutely gross! :eek:

The only thing I put in both my chili and spaghetti sauce, is a couple of tablespoons of sugar. It cuts the acidity of the tomatoes, and is much easier on the tummy if you have a stomach that is sensitive to the acid. I don't tell anyone, and they never notice any real difference in the taste. :D

sirrahbed
10-25-2009, 11:12 AM
I am a day late but it is very much a chili day here! Thank you for the idea:) ....hmmm and maybe a pan of cornbread to go along with it.....:D