PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Halloween Candy

Marigold2
10-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Whats your favorite Halloween candy? Mine is Dots!
I love the soft, chewy, fruity flavors. Lemon and lime are my favorite.:D

sparks19
10-23-2009, 09:38 PM
OOOOOH I've always loved the chocolate bars lol. chips were a close second lol

kokopup
10-23-2009, 09:41 PM
Reese Peanut Butter Cups.

Genny
10-23-2009, 09:43 PM
My favorite Halloween Candy is Candy Corn! I love that stuff and you can't find it anywhere any time of year except Halloween, so I don't ever get tired of it :D

K9karen
10-23-2009, 10:22 PM
DOTS!!!??? Almost forgot about them! Don't they also come in tropical fruits? LOVE them! (grabs toothbrush)

I love sweets. Don't care. I'll eat it all!!!!! I really miss candied apples. Back in the day, my friend's dad made them. We'd get about 10. LOVED them. Messy, but..hey! we had our apple! My "granddaughter" has terrible allergies, so everything is checked. The parents save it for me! (I recipocate by buying Mara oodles of things she CAN eat!)

chocolatepuppy
10-23-2009, 10:28 PM
Reese Peanut Butter Cups.

Wouldn't be Halloween without them!:D

luvofallhorses
10-23-2009, 10:37 PM
Let's see...

Candy corn
Candy corn kisses although I can't find any this year. :rolleyes:
Dots
Snickers
kit kats
reeses peanut butter cups
skittles
bit o' honey
warheads
caramels

there's probably more. :p

oh I had a candied apple today. :)

Karen
10-23-2009, 11:09 PM
Reese's Peanut Butter cups were always the best, most treasured!

I was not exactly a normal kid. After comparing and making trades with siblings, I'd eat a few pieces Halloween night, and then count the days until Thanksgiving, and ration my candy to last until then!

happylabs
10-24-2009, 07:27 AM
Snickers or ANYTHING chocolate. Chocoholic here!!! :D

Pam
10-24-2009, 07:36 AM
Hersheys with almonds, Snickers and Nestles crunch. Do you see a chocolate theme here? :p

Freedom
10-24-2009, 08:05 AM
Candy corn! Like someone said, it is not available except at this time of year, YUM!

Karen, that shows remarkable discipline!

Alysser
10-24-2009, 08:14 AM
Butterfingers, Nerds and Starbursts. :love:

Pembroke_Corgi
10-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Reese's Peanut Butter cups were always the best, most treasured!

I was not exactly a normal kid. After comparing and making trades with siblings, I'd eat a few pieces Halloween night, and then count the days until Thanksgiving, and ration my candy to last until then!

I did the same thing! My brother and I would trade, give the unwanted candy to our parents (such as the items with coconut- weren't we generous?), and then I would save most of my candy. Sometimes I still had Halloween candy from the previous year. I think it's because we weren't allowed to eat many unhealthy foods, so I made sure I always had some on hand. Definitely made up for not getting to eat junk as a kid in my adult years, though.

Anyway, my favorite is probably Reese's PB Cups. They are SO good! But I pretty much love all candy, especially chocolate. :p I'm trying to lose weight so I've had to avoid the candy aisle this year.

cassiesmom
10-24-2009, 11:08 AM
Chocolate, please!

At work we have a candy basket and we all chip in money to keep it stocked. A recent treat was miniature Twix bars, maybe 1 1/2 or 2" long. Another was little Milky Way squares (I believe they too are labeled miniatures) with dark chocolate. Both satisfied my chocolate craving with just one piece.

Taz_Zoee
10-24-2009, 11:10 AM
I like just about ALL the kinds of Halloween candy. That is why I haven't purchased any for this year yet. I'll eat most of it!!!

For those candy corn lovers out there! I was in my supervisors office the other day and she had a Halloween dish of candy corn on her desk. I peeked in as I walked by and was surprised to see brown instead of orange. I asked her about it and they are CARAMEL!!! OMG!! :eek: I :love::love: caramel. I tasted one (yes I controlled myself to take just one) and they are YUMMY! So I must go find those when I go get candy this week.

orangemm
10-24-2009, 11:36 AM
Reese's, of course. Then Twix, Kit Kat, licorice, candy corn....I like 'em all!:D

Marigold2
10-24-2009, 07:57 PM
Does anyone remember when Reese's came out? Mid 70's I think, Yummo

Karen
10-24-2009, 08:15 PM
Does anyone remember when Reese's came out? Mid 70's I think, Yummo

Would you believe the 1920s? Honest - ain't the Internet cool?

From Hersheys.com:

The H.B. Reese Candy Company began manufacturing a product made with specially processed peanut butter and HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate in the 1920s. Introduced as simply peanut butter cups, the popular candy item is known today as REESE'S peanut butter cups.

The name REESE'S has a unique heritage established by Harry Burnett (H.B.) Reese, a former dairy employee of Milton S. Hershey, founder of Hershey Foods Corporation. Reese was so inspired by Mr. Hershey's success that he left the dairy business to make his living in the candy industry.

While that decision inevitably developed into something truly unique in America's food industry, Reese experienced much adversity before building a company that thrived on the manufacture of a single product.

Born in 1879 on a farm in Frosty Hill, PA (York County), Reese was not very fond of farming. As a youth, he took a variety of jobs including country butchering and oil burner selling before moving to Hershey, PA, in 1917.

Following ventures in nearby Hummelstown and Palmyra, where he had some success with Johnny Bars and Lizzie Bars (caramel-like molasses and coconut candy), he moved back to Hershey, a few blocks from the already famous Hershey Chocolate manufacturing facility.

During the mid-twenties, Reese began selling his peanut butter cups in five-pound boxes for use in candy assortments. Ten years later, Reese added the cups which were sold for a penny a piece to the assortment line. Conditions during World War II prompted him to discontinue his other lines to concentrate on peanut butter cups, "a product that both the young and old alike can eat and enjoy..."

Distributed through wholesale jobbers, vending machine operators and syndicated stores, the peanut butter cups, in their familiar orange, yellow and brown wrapping, continued to gain popularity on a nationwide scale during the '40s and early '50s.

By mid-1950, it was evident that a larger manufacturing facility was needed. A tract of land on the western edge of Hershey was selected and ground was broken for a modern, extensively automated plant. The 100,000 square-foot facility, built along Chocolate Avenue, opened in August 1957.

Six years later, in 1963, the H.B. Reese Candy Company, Inc., was sold for $23.5 million to the Hershey Chocolate Company, currently known as Hershey Foods Corporation, its chocolate-making neighbor.

Recently, the company introduced popular limited edition items including White Chocolate (now a permanent item), Dark Chocolate, INSIDE OUT and BIG CUP peanut butter cups.

prechrswife
10-24-2009, 08:33 PM
Chocolate--Snickers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Hershey bars, etc. :)

AdoreMyDogs
10-24-2009, 09:54 PM
Anything that has sugar in it is my favorite, with the exception of black liquorice (sp?), dots, and super sour stuff. I think candy bars are my favorite, I love Almond Joy and Reeses PB cups and Reeses Pieces, but really I love all chocolate and refined sugar snacks.

krazyaboutkatz
10-25-2009, 01:48 AM
Anything with chocolate that has nuts or rice krispies in it. I never liked candy corn though. My favorite mini candy bars are butterfinger,hershey bars with almonds, almond joy, and of course reeses's peanutbutter cups. I also love peanut m&m's. I rarely buy candy these days but I did buy some carmel apples with nuts on them today. I just couldn't resist.:)

sirrahbed
10-25-2009, 11:14 AM
ANY mini chocolate bar!! I think the best are the Reese cups. I also LOVE the little pumpkin head that are made of the same candy and candy corn. yum!

*LabLoverKEB*
10-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Hmmmm....
Skittles
M&M's (peanut!)
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
Hershey's milk chocolate
Kit-Kat Bars
:)

angelpugs
10-25-2009, 03:39 PM
It's hard but,i love candy corn especially the pumpkin pie spice one and the caramel apple ones and i enjoy bit"o" honeys,sweet tarts,and m&m's,mallow bars,sugar daddies and a few others.:)

lvpets2002
10-26-2009, 04:42 PM
:) Oh yes Candy Corn for sure..

angelbow20
10-28-2009, 11:04 AM
reeses pnut butter cups. ( love the pumpkin shaped ones!)
charleston chews
butterfingers
anything choc. or any kind of gummiessss!!!!

KYS
10-28-2009, 08:50 PM
My favorite candy is Babe Ruth Bars, but for Halloween
I like the pumpkins that are made out of the same stuff candy corn is made of.