PDA

View Full Version : Witnessed Dog Attack Thurs. Nite

K9karen
10-23-2009, 12:13 AM
John and I were leaving a restaurant, walking through a newly built "piazza" towards the car, when we heard the most God awful sound of a dog in agony. It was so fast, but it happened almost right in front of me (my head was turned the other way looking at the stores and fountains). Two girls were sitting at an outside table with their small dog, when 2 guys, with 2 dogs, one a boxer I think, and the other (sorry folks) a pitbull. I guess the small dog may have barked, because we saw a scramble of feet and bodies, trying to pull the dogs apart. One guy practically fell on his face trying to corral his pit, who had the dog in it's mouth. I was so stunned, I stood there for a second and started to dry heave. One girl held the small dog (still screaming), one girl ran for her phone and the 2 guys were talking to them, at least not running away. I started to run over but John stopped me because other people already moved faster than me. I haven't stopped thinking about it. It brought back terrible memories of my incident, which I was slowly "getting over". All the dogs were on leashes too. I hope I can sleep tonight (notice the time).

I'm not saying anything about the breeds, but only decribing in detail. I just pray the little dog is OK

chocolatepuppy
10-23-2009, 04:54 AM
How awful! I'm sorry you had to witness that Karen.:( I hope the little dog is okay.

moosmom
10-23-2009, 08:20 AM
OMG Karen, I hope that little guy is okay. I can only imagine what was going through your head while this whole thing was going on. Sort of like reliving what happened to you and your neighbor's dogs. I'm so sorry and I hope you got some sleep.

Taz_Zoee
10-23-2009, 09:39 AM
I am in tears reading this. I can't imagine how it must have felt seeing that happen, especially after what you have been through yourself.

I hope the little dog is okay. I'm glad the owners of the other dog did not just leave.