PDA

View Full Version : Weird!

davidpizzica
10-22-2009, 12:26 PM
Last night I experienced a HOT FLASH! I woke up in the middle of the night feeling very warm and sweaty. I had one here before, and two while at home. Is it unusual for men to get these? Is it the change of life for me?

pomtzu
10-22-2009, 12:40 PM
Men can get them, but they aren't usually as intense as in women. Lucky you! :p

Certain illnesses can cause it, as well as depression, dementia, overweight, etc. Also, certain diseases of the heart and lung can affect the hormone levels.

It probably wouldn't hurt to mention it to your doctor - just to be on the safe side.

Take care of yourself!!!

Catherinedana
10-22-2009, 12:49 PM
My husband gets them all the time. His doctor does not worry about it - believes it has to do with the blood pressure meds that he is taking. He and I are in hot flash competition at the moment! :rolleyes:

lvpets2002
10-22-2009, 12:54 PM
:) Yup David this means your normal.. Gosh I know I hate Hot Flashess..

davidpizzica
10-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Men can get them, but they aren't usually as intense as in women. Lucky you! :p

Certain illnesses can cause it, as well as depression, dementia, overweight, etc. Also, certain diseases of the heart and lung can affect the hormone levels.

It probably wouldn't hurt to mention it to your doctor - just to be on the safe side.

Take care of yourself!!!

It felt pretty intense for me! I've mentioned it to the nurses here and they'll let the doctor know. It's kind of scary when I get them and I don't know what they are.

Catherinedana
10-22-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm taking a niacin-based medication to control cholesterol that occasionally gives me a "flush" rather than a flash. When it happens, I feel like I've been rubbed with hot pepper! You're not taking anything like that are ya?

davidpizzica
10-22-2009, 04:48 PM
I do take coumadin which is a blood thinner and i'm wondering if this is a side effect of that.

moosmom
10-22-2009, 05:09 PM
It could very well be a side effect from one of your meds, Dave. Ask your doctor. Ah, hot flashes, aren't they wonderful??? NOT!!!!

davidpizzica
10-26-2009, 12:13 PM
I had another one of those #$%$&^& hot flashes last night. I woke up this morning tired and a little light-headed. The nurses are working on why I'm getting these things. The latest theory is meds interaction. I'm almost afraid to go to sleep at night! PT prayers?

Catherinedana
10-26-2009, 12:20 PM
You got 'em!!! :love: