PDA

View Full Version : A Good Read for Dog and Cat Food Info - feeding non commercial foods

Freedom
10-21-2009, 10:54 AM
On someone's recommendation, I got this book out of the library. It is very helpful if you are trying to avoid the commercial produced foods.

The Whole Pet Diet, by Andi Brown

Andi Brown started the Halo pet food line. But I must say, in 240 pages, she only mentions that food line a few times, this is not a plug for that product at all.

Talks about making the switch, what to use for treats, GIVES RECIPES to make your own. Includes info on herbs, oils, supplements, and how to help your pet make the transition.

And it is for both DOGS AND CATS!

If you decide you want to buy it, it is available on www.half.com so you can save some money on that as well.

Randi
10-21-2009, 11:08 AM
Thanks! That sounds like an interesting and useful book for cat/dog lovers. It would make a nice Christmas present too. :)

Freedom
10-21-2009, 04:00 PM
Oh Amazon has it as well, I just ordered mine from Amazon. Thanks Ellie / Pomtzu, for checking it out there for us!

IRescue452
10-22-2009, 01:00 PM
I'll have to read that one. I hope they don't recommend cooked meat, for cats especially. Another good one is "The truth about pet foods" by R.L. Wysong. In this book he uses Wysong food as an example food and comparison food throughout the text and of course the only recipes and customer reviews are of Wysong, but its got a lot of good information regardless of what food you choose.