PDA

View Full Version : One of my boys died today

bnormal
10-07-2002, 10:38 AM
This morning, my boy Quincey died. Quincey is a 6 year old male Doberman Pinscher. He apparently died instantly of heart failure. My wife and I are devastated. He was a wonderful boy, full of life and love.

He will be terribly missed!

We love you Quincey!

Cookiebaker
10-07-2002, 10:50 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss...I hope that you can find comfort in knowing that he didn't suffer and that he's now playing at the RB.

ellensy
10-07-2002, 10:51 AM
so sorry for your loss :(

mugsy
10-07-2002, 10:51 AM
I'm so sorry for you....I know your loss. Quincey, find Lady, BUtterscotch, and Smokey and have fun.

wolf_Q
10-07-2002, 10:57 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this!! :( Quincey was a very handsome boy, very soulful eyes. I can't even imagine how devastating it must be for you. And to loose him at such a young age too........ :(

Glacier
10-07-2002, 11:04 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. He was a beautiful boy.

jackiesdaisy1935
10-07-2002, 11:09 AM
My deepest sympathies go to you and your wife for your loss of Quincy. He was such a beautiful boy and I know he will be greatly missed. I'm sure he is at the Rainbow Bridge playing with our beloved dogs who went before him including Grandma Kona our beloved Schnauzer who will show him the way. I am so sorry.
Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

sammi
10-07-2002, 11:29 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Its hard to even explain how deep the pain is when you lose a family pet.
Quincy was a good looking boy. He is playing and running free like a pup at the bridge.

Albea
10-07-2002, 11:33 AM
http://www.villa-kunterbunt2000.de/clipart1/Rainbow/gay09.gif We understand how devastated you must be for the loss of sweet Quincy and send you our most sincere condolences. As other Pet Talkers said, he's at the other side of the Rainbow Bridge, where there's no pain or suffering, getting to know, and play with, all our beloved pets who have gone there before him.
If you need grief support, you could try:
www.petloss.com/
May happy memories of your time with Quincy bring you some relief from your pain.

momoffuzzyfaces
10-07-2002, 11:42 AM
My prayers are with you and your family and Quincy too. He passed without suffering. Believe me, that's something to be thankful for even though it's so hard to let them go. He's healthy and playing with all our pets at the Rainbow Bridge now until you will all be together again.

lovemymaltese
10-07-2002, 11:55 AM
I am so very sorry to hear about your loss you are in my prayers.

Logan
10-07-2002, 12:52 PM
I am so sorry to hear your news about Quincey. What a tragic loss for you and your family. Please know that you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Logan

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-07-2002, 01:21 PM
I am sorry to hear about Quincy's passing on. Please accept my heart felt sympathies on your loss.

ChrisH
10-07-2002, 01:22 PM
I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your Quincy. I know how much you must be hurting and how much you miss him. Hold tight to your memories. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

Chris

10-07-2002, 01:25 PM
I will be thinking of you and Quincy ...!
Take care !!http://adwoff.com/ubb/graemlins/angelfly.gif

Tucker216
10-07-2002, 01:59 PM
((((((((( you and your family ))))))) I know exactly how you are feeling . Next month it will be a year since I lost Jake and I still miss him so much but now ..when something good happens.. I know that Jake had to be apart of it somehow. Right now you cant hold him in your arms but someday you will again and until then you can always just close your eyes and hold him tight in your heart! And if you ever need someone to talk to you can ALWAYS contact me at [email protected] I also have msn mess. and ICQ
My thoughts and prayers are with you all
Jessica

My Best Friend made this for me when I lost Jake

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid34/p1db30689bb8f1ebc230f54fa9da1aa45/fd3189c1.jpg

Tina
10-07-2002, 02:12 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss:(

ramanth
10-07-2002, 02:16 PM
My deepest and most heartfelt sympathies at your loss. :( :(

anna_66
10-07-2002, 03:55 PM
:( I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Just try to remember all the good things, that's what helps me get by.
We are here if you need to talk.
{{{{Hugs}}}} to you and your wife.

Anna, Angus, Roxey & Huney

KYS
10-07-2002, 04:44 PM
My thoughts are with you and your family.
I am so sorry to hear about your special
boy Quincy.

Cincy'sMom
10-07-2002, 04:45 PM
So sorry about your loss. We will be thinking of you and your family

Aspen and Misty
10-07-2002, 05:03 PM
I'm so sorry to hear abotu your loss. I will keep you are your family in my thoughts as the day goes on. Rember he is happy in heaven waiting for you.

Ash

Karen
10-07-2002, 05:19 PM
Many folks may not realize just how special bnormal's dogs are to this site. Quincy's brother Callahan was the very first Pet of the Day EVER! back in September 1997. http://PetoftheDay.com/archive/1997/September/01.html http://PetoftheDay.com/archive/1997/SeptemberImages/01s.jpg

Our thoughts and prayers will be with you, and we know Quincy will always be a part of your family. We know that pets live on long after we have had to say good-bye to them in person. I can see him clearly, romping and running in big Doberman bounds over the fields by the Rainbow Bridge.

tatsxxx11
10-07-2002, 05:30 PM
Please accept my deepest, most heartfelt condolences on the passing of your beautiful Quincey. What a tragedy that such a wonderful friend, such a magnificent dog, was taken so soon. Quincey, look for my Jing at the Rainbow Bridge. She'll be your pal for sure until that day you and your family are together again. Bless you dear Quincey. And to Quincey family, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Love, Sandra, Star and Cody.

bnormal
10-07-2002, 06:20 PM
Thanks so much to everyone for your kind words. It means so much to us. Thanks Karen!

We ache for that to day to arrive quickly when we will see Quincey running toward us.

Thanks again for your love and compassion.

trisha0503
10-07-2002, 06:54 PM
I am so sorry for losing your furbaby Quincey :( Please accept our heartfelt sympathy. Just remember the good times that you shared with each other. Quincey will stay in your heart...
{{{HUGS}}} to you and your wife...

jenluckenbach
10-07-2002, 06:56 PM
My deepest sympathies on you loss. I know the devestaion that comes with a sudden and unexpected death. All my prayers are with you in your time of grief.

ownerof3dogs
10-07-2002, 07:57 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your Beautiful dobey Quincy. It is so sad when they go unexpectedly. I know how you feel my red Doberman named "Red" died the same way. I still think about him and all the good times we had.

Hope you feel better

turner
10-07-2002, 08:34 PM
I am sorry to hear you have lost Quincey! He is in a good place and will be dearly missed!!!:(

Sudilar
10-07-2002, 09:16 PM
I am so sorry for your great loss. It is especially hard when they are taken so young and so unexpectedly. My heart goes out to you and your wife. Know that Quincy is always with you now, in your heart.

aly
10-07-2002, 09:54 PM
Quincey certainly was a beautiful boy. My heart goes out to you as you go through your time of loss. I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers :(

shais_mom
10-08-2002, 12:39 AM
My heart goes out to you and your family. Godspeed to the bridge Quincey, find Shaianne and run and play with her. Keep her company.

Tucker, that is a gorgeous remembrance of you beautiful Jake. It is lovely. How thoughtful of your friend.

Our very own Aly made for me the website that is in my signiture. The geocitites one for my beloved Shaianne when she crossed.

bnormal
10-08-2002, 09:34 AM
Thanks to you all for your words of encouragement

gini
10-08-2002, 10:04 AM
Oh my, we are never prepared when we have a sudden loss of a dear pet. My heart goes out to you at this time.

sabies
10-08-2002, 09:26 PM
So sorry to hear, my thoughts are with you.

delidog
10-09-2002, 06:03 AM
i am so sorry to learn of your loss of your dear quincy....please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you.....
Godspeed to The Bridge Dear Quincy...you have many friends waiting for you there....
as candy referred to...Petloss.com is a great website for consoling you during this difficult time...
i wish that i knew the right words to alleviate the pain.....
You'll always have your Dear Quincy in your heart

Pam
10-09-2002, 06:22 AM
bnormal, I am just finding this post and want to tell you how very sad I am that you have lost your special friend. The loss of a pet is devastating no matter whether suddenly or expected due to old age/illness etc. Each time I have lost one of my special furry friends the feeling was indescribable. For the longest time I would walk past my husband, just going about our normal day to day routines, and we would stop and hug each other and cry. It took a long, long time to get past that. Even today I miss them so. Please feel free to come here to mourn. We have all gone through this and you are with friends. ((((HUGS))))

kitty puff
10-18-2002, 03:43 PM
I am very sorry :( Recently my first ever real pet (I've had fish before her) Lassie , a border collie, died. I know your pain. Just remember that it is better than having her/him suffer!

bnormal
10-18-2002, 06:36 PM
Thanks so much everyone! It DOES bring comfort when others share their experiences. Your responses were amazing and truly appreciated. I printed off everyone of them and my wife and I just sat there reading them and crying our eyes out.

It's been about a week and a half since our dear Quincey died. Though the acute pain in our heart has started to mend the sadness still comes out of nowhere and just hits you at various times during the day. Honestly, I never want the sadness to go away.

Kpuff, my heart goes out to you.

Find the bridge Quince...until then puppy

Rachel
10-18-2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by bnormal
Though the acute pain in our heart has started to mend the sadness still comes out of nowhere and just hits you at various times during the day. Honestly, I never want the sadness to go away.

Find the bridge Quince...until then puppy

There are many of us here who know exactly what you are feeling. We've felt the pain and lived in the darkness of our loss. For a long time the sorrow is very close to the surface, but after a while it goes deeper inside. Be assured that Quincey is in good company. I think there has to be a special contingent of the furkids of Pet Talk there at the Bridge who reach out to keep each other company. Lord knows the first one of us up to the Bridge won't be crossing over very fast. We'll be playing and kissing and relaying love from the Mommies and the Daddies.

bnormal
10-19-2002, 09:43 AM
Rachel,

amen!