PDA

View Full Version : Tough kid: California toddler OK after 30-foot fall onto bed of rocks

Catty1
10-19-2009, 10:26 PM
What is it with tough toddlers lately? Thank GOD they are ok!

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/091019/koddities/us_odd_toddler_survives_fall

Tough kid: California toddler OK after 30-foot fall onto bed of rocks

Mon Oct 19, 4:26 PM

By The Associated Press

ANTIOCH, Calif. - Talk about a tough kid: A California toddler is alive after falling 30 feet (9 metres) from an apartment window and landing on concrete and rocks.

Contra Costa County Fire Capt. Charles Thomas says the 22-month-old boy was alert and crying after the three-story plunge Sunday in Antioch that left him with just a cut on his abdomen, a bruised lung and a bump on his head.

The boy appeared to have climbed onto furniture near an open window, then fell after pushing against the screen. He landed on concrete and a bed of rocks.

RICHARD
10-19-2009, 11:20 PM
Let's see him ride his stroller in front of a train....Wuss!:eek:;):D

DJFyrewolf36
10-20-2009, 01:48 AM
This kid has me beat, first (and not the only sadly) time I fell 30 feet, it was out of a tree. I was 7 or 8 and I remember that I just got up and kept playing much to my friends parents surprise (and fear I'm sure!)

I have never been run over by a train, however.

In all seriousness I am glad the kid is ok. Falls can go really good or really bad. Any one you walk away from is really good!

Taz_Zoee
10-20-2009, 09:02 AM
I guess I need to watch my local news more often. Antioch is only 20 minutes from me (same place Jaycee was held). That is amazing! It's so nice to hear these horrible things having happy endings.