PDA

View Full Version : Critique my drawing...

JuniorxMyxLove
10-19-2009, 05:11 PM
I finished my first drawing in MONTHS. It's still got issues, but...well....

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/xxOHFxx/SDC11924.jpg

Critique?

(be harsh, just remember i'm a self-taught 15 yr old, kay?)

aTailOf2Kitties
10-19-2009, 05:19 PM
well if it's supposed to look like 2 horses, ya did good. If it's supposed to be your grandparents walking on the beach holding hands I think it needs some work, LOL

Queen of Poop
10-19-2009, 05:22 PM
WOW!!!

It's fantastic!!

luvofallhorses
10-19-2009, 05:22 PM
It's awesome!! :D

Genny
10-19-2009, 08:33 PM
That's nice--wish I could draw like that ;)

Karen
10-19-2009, 08:40 PM
It is a little hard to tell from the angle of the picture, but it looks like the left horse's right eye is either too high, or the left too low. A little more definition/shading under the right eye of the lighter-colored horse would help, that area kind of looks blank, but horsies have some shadows and definition of the eye socket and the veins and muscles below the eye - kinda his "cheekbones" if he were a person!

JuniorxMyxLove
10-21-2009, 07:39 PM
It is a little hard to tell from the angle of the picture, but it looks like the left horse's right eye is either too high, or the left too low. A little more definition/shading under the right eye of the lighter-colored horse would help, that area kind of looks blank, but horsies have some shadows and definition of the eye socket and the veins and muscles below the eye - kinda his "cheekbones" if he were a person!

lol i think the left is too low, I just kind of scribbled it in so there would be somethingt there.

There actually is a little shading there (it got washed out in the pic) but I agree that I need to do more there. *sigh* detail is my enemy. ahha I get annoyed and bored trying to add little details.

Karen
10-21-2009, 07:50 PM
Ah, but detail is what makes the image better! ;) I more tend to get so involved in the little details I miss the big picture - kinda the opposite! ;)

JuniorxMyxLove
10-23-2009, 02:00 PM
Ah, but detail is what makes the image better! ;) I more tend to get so involved in the little details I miss the big picture - kinda the opposite! ;)

lol, i know. I just get so BORED! XD

I 'spose one of these days I'll get around to adding detail to it...grumblegrumble.

lvpets2002
10-23-2009, 02:07 PM
:) Well I think the Drawing looks Great.. Yes I am sure some detailing could be done.. But you need to see this in which will make you a better artist.. You have done a heck of a better job than I could do..

Taz_Zoee
10-23-2009, 02:14 PM
Pfft! I think it looks amazing! I am not an artist so I don't know a thing about the details. As you said, you are a 15 year old. Just keep practicing and you will improve. I am "several" years older than you and could NEVER draw something this good.

JuniorxMyxLove
10-26-2009, 02:49 PM
lol thanks guys (:

kitten645
10-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Horses are notoriously hard to draw. I think it's great!