PDA

View Full Version : Weird dreams

Whisk_Luva
10-19-2009, 03:16 PM
My friends and I often discuss what weird dreams we have... just wanted to hear some of your funny/strange dreams ;)

In the past I have had a dream where I have been wearing (yes WEARING) a fridge and I had a fish that I put in this fridge. But then the fridge didn't work so I put the fish in the cooler bag in the fridge. Turns out you had to plug the fridge outfit into a car charger......:confused::rolleyes::p

Then there was one where someone told me that when you died you went to live with the knomes underneath the floorboards, one where my guinea pig went to stab me (I woke up before she did), one where my mentally handicapped sister (functions at 18months) got married by our driveway, one where my dad turned into a potato, one where the sea had a massive wall in the middle of it, along with a floor and so on!

So... lets hear your dreams :)

aTailOf2Kitties
10-19-2009, 05:17 PM
tricked into naked hang-gliding by David Letterman, plus a lot of drems where I'm just hanging out with NASCAR drivers in normal everyday situations.

cassiesmom
10-19-2009, 10:26 PM
Since I started taking SSRI/SNRIs for depression, I have had some very wacky dreams. Very long, very detailed, and always in color.

A recurring one is that someone either calls or comes to see me and says that I failed a class in nursing school. And I always respond something like "How can that be? I've graduated! I'm working! I have a nursing license!"

Walking down the street naked or half-naked. That one has come up several times.

Going to school on the day of the final exam/final presentation/defending my thesis when I haven't been to class all semester. That one has come up a lot!

I'm back at my first job out of college, only it's a lot harder, a lot more complicated, and I can't keep up.

That I'm either flying or floating. A frequent theme in my dreams and I'm not sure why.

The best one was going to a Beach Boys concert wearing light blue flannel pajamas, button down the front, long sleeves, with white clouds printed on them.

Antidepressant dreams ... gotta love 'em ...

CountryWolf07
10-19-2009, 11:05 PM
Here's a few of what I've had... which I consider weird dreams:

- teeth falling out all together, or one by one (have dreamed that a couple times..)
- leaping, flying with one jump
- I'm all of a sudden back in HIGH SCHOOL - first day of school, at a new building
- I was naked once and I was in school - not sure why I'd dream this one
- Being pregnant and about to give birth

DJFyrewolf36
10-20-2009, 01:22 AM
CountryWolf, I've had dreams involving my teeth falling out too. It kind of scares me...what about you?

All of my dreams feel real. When I wake up I sometimes question if something I saw in a dream really happened. I had a crazy dream the other night that I was on an alien world teaching them about love, The Bible and Jesus because they had never heard of it. They wanted to worship me and I kept telling them not to. :confused: It was very strange and hard to describe but the emotions it caused are kind of still lingering around in the back of my brain.

I could go on for pages about the dreams I've had...

smokey the elder
10-20-2009, 09:50 AM
I have the one where I blew off an English class, of all things, and have to write a paper quite frequently.

Having trouble with numbers (dialing a phone, etc.)

I had a very strange one recently. I left my sister's car running in a parking lot, ran into a building to get something, and when I came back I found out the car had been stolen! The weirdness is that I would never do this in RL...:p

davidpizzica
10-20-2009, 12:10 PM
I'm the king of weird dreams! A couple of days ago I dreamt that I was part of the team that that launched the Pope into space in the space shuttle, and this from a Missouri Synod Lutheran! Anothewr dream was that I was repairing Lawn Boy mowers. I guess I was going back to my golf course days!

pomtzu
10-20-2009, 12:31 PM
I don't normally remember my dreams, but I had a weird one last night.......

I was an adult, but I was sleeping on a sofa in the house I lived in as a small child. I woke to hear someone trying to break in the window that the sofa was facing, and could see the shadow of this person from some light source outside the house. I was paralyzed in fear and couldn't move, and when I tried to scream for help, no sound would come out of my mouth. After trying and trying to scream with no success, I was finally able to move one arm enough to bang on the wall behind the sofa to wake someone up in the house ~~~~~and then I woke up.

Geeze - I don't know where that one came from! :eek:

cassiesmom
10-20-2009, 08:11 PM
Countrywolf, I forgot about the losing my teeth dreams! Add that to my recurring dream list!

Last night I dreamed that I was watching a high school theater performance, only it was outdoors, and in the middle of the performance the power went out and we had to borrow an extension cord from the next-door neighbor -- :confused:

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-22-2009, 12:39 AM
Lately I've been having a dream about someone trying to get me, so I have to run around the house and lock EVERY window and EVERY door... I have dreams like that upwards of twice a week.

I don't know about you guys, but I like interpreting my dreams. Whether or not you believe in dream analyzing, I think it's really interesting, and it does kind of give you some insight on why you're dreaming these things. When I looked up some of the symbols in the dream I just mentioned, it told me that the house symbolized myself... and I guess it sort of makes sense. Someones trying to get to me, or trying to be with me and I have this strange need to lock them out completely. It's totally understandable.

Go look. It's fun! :)

CountryWolf07
10-22-2009, 05:12 PM
So, I had a weird dream last night! It made NO sense.
My boyfriend and I are fighting, and I went across the line by going out with someone else.. while I was at a different college for my masters. It didn't make sense. His friend caught me, and Mike broke up with me. It was kind of upsetting! I woke up and I realized, whew, it was just a weird dream. Thank goodness. I'm not sure what caused me to dream about that.. I have no plans of going back to school, AND I am not the type to cheat. :rolleyes: