PDA

View Full Version : Handel's Messiah

Grace
10-17-2009, 10:29 PM
This is wonderful!! The music comes immediately, so make sure you're not at work when you go to the link.

Enjoy!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCFCeJTEzNU&feature=player_embedded)

Karen
10-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Not gonna click the link, but I love the music, and go to a Messiah Sing every Christmas time!

Grace
10-17-2009, 11:07 PM
Not gonna click the link, but I love the music, and go to a Messiah Sing every Christmas time!

You should click on it. There is a surprise - sort of a "silent" Messiah.

Cinder & Smoke
10-18-2009, 12:16 AM
:)

THAT is a WELL Done performance!!!!

[SHAME on the audience for the laughs & comments - it detracted from the
otherwise beautiful event.] :(

Here's another recording - in a different venue. >>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSk8h1oG8nY&NR=1

WELL DONE, Monks!!

Pam
10-18-2009, 06:47 AM
It sort of reminded me of a handbell choir with cards instead of bells. Both take great teamwork, and it was nicely done. :) This is one of the most beautiful pieces of music of all time, and the laughter was very disrespectful. :(

P.S. I like yours better Phred! ;)

Grace
10-18-2009, 08:37 AM
:)

THAT is a WELL Done performance!!!!

[SHAME on the audience for the laughs & comments - it detracted from the
otherwise beautiful event.] :(

It sort of reminded me of a handbell choir with cards instead of bells. Both take great teamwork, and it was nicely done. :) This is one of the most beautiful pieces of music of all time, and the laughter was very disrespectful. :(

I disagree with both of you. I don't think the laughter was disrespectful at all - especially since I was laughing along with them. And I did hear some snickers in your clip, Phred.

The Hallelujah Chorus is music filled with joy. Joy brings smiles and laughs.

Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands.

Grace
10-18-2009, 09:18 AM
Forgot to ask - in the clip Phred provided - did you notice the "Monks" in the back row doing the chicken dance towards the end?