PDA

View Full Version : And make sure you put helium in it when you finish.

RICHARD
10-15-2009, 02:18 PM
I just came into the house and popped on the tube.

Some 6 year old kid took his family's helium balloon out for a ride.

The kid's name is Falcon.:confused::rolleyes::D

It lookes like it's starting to collapse as if flies along...

Wow!

------------

Oh,

The balloon landed and there is no one inside....:eek::(

Cinder & Smoke
10-15-2009, 02:50 PM
:(

Balloon is DOWN (softly) and searched - NO Kid on board!

Live Coverage at >>>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/22887392#22887392

pomtzu
10-15-2009, 02:52 PM
They now don't know if he was even in it to start with..

Hopefully he wasn't.

RICHARD
10-15-2009, 03:40 PM
Something is really hinky about this story.

If the structure is open inside, like a hot air balloon? That kid would have been exposed to the helium and he would have been in a little trouble from the start.

If the kid did fall, this is a real tragedy, but something doesn't sit right with me.....:(

pomtzu
10-15-2009, 03:56 PM

If the structure is open inside, like a hot air balloon? That kid would have been exposed to the helium and he would have been in a little trouble from the start.

If the kid did fall, this is a real tragedy, but something doesn't sit right with me.....:(

It's not open, and there was a box/basket attached to bottom when it took off, but not there when it landed. They're speculating that it fell off with the boy in it.

Freedom
10-15-2009, 03:57 PM
Sheriff's dept is searching for the child. Watchers saw something fall from the balloon at one point in its 42 mile trip. Praying it wasn't the boy.

pomtzu
10-15-2009, 03:59 PM
CNN is reporting now that the boy's brothers saw him climb into the box.

RICHARD
10-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the info.....

what a tragedy.

CountryWolf07
10-15-2009, 04:52 PM
:(

RICHARD
10-15-2009, 05:10 PM
The Falcon has landed..

Boy found at home safe and sound!!!

-----------

I love it.

The news head on FOX had it right.

The little effer probably was hiding- he was hiding, in a garage attic space.

I remember going out to play when I pulled off some evil at home.

You get hungry, tired and have to go pee...you have to go home sometime.

But,

WILL HE GET "GROUNDED"?

-----------------------

Every one at the house is looking up in the air when they hear a voice ask, "What you all looking at?" at their feet.

Sure enough...It's the kid YOU THOUGHT took the family balloon out for a spin.

phesina
10-15-2009, 05:40 PM
I was so relieved to hear that he was found safe and sound, too.

What I want to know is, WHY is this balloon left around somewhere where the kids might just be able to get into it and it might just possibly be able to come loose from its moorings?

RICHARD
10-15-2009, 05:43 PM
What I want to know is, WHY is this balloon left around somewhere where the kids might just be able to get into it and it might just possibly be able to come loose from its moorings?

They have balloons at kiddie parties all the time.....;)

----------------

Oh lololololol,

As soon as the last news truck would have left, my mom would have kicked the living shiat out of me or my brothers...:D:eek::)

When I hear stories like this I always wish it was the early 60's and it happened to my family....Just to see how my mom would react.:eek:

way too funny.

Catty1
10-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Apparently the parents were building a new type of aircraft.

Thank GOD this little guy is ok!

But - did he cause it to take off?

The parents might need to be 'grounded' too.

Twisterdog
10-15-2009, 09:52 PM
The kid's name is Falcon.:confused::rolleyes::D(

LOL ... it's Colorado, Richard. Come on, you're from California, you understand.

I remember one of those "You know you're from ..." jokes that said, "You know you're from Colorado when you ask your husband to pick up Granola on the way home from work ... and he stops at the daycare center." :D

I can poke fun legitimately, I used to live there.

Lori Jordan
10-15-2009, 11:25 PM
Im sorry i dont mean to be a prude,But where were they when he could have gotten in the balloon?As far as im concerned,at 6 years old they too can be just as fast as a 2 year old...They need to watch a little more careful,He could have been in that ballon and fallen and instead of happy to have found him they could be planning a funeral,So much of this has gone on in my area lately it makes me sick.

This past March a three year old Boy drowned,his Grandmother had fallen asleep and out the door he went,Its so tragic.

pomtzu
10-16-2009, 06:52 AM

Looks and smells pretty fishy now.

Speculation is that it was a publicity stunt of some kind, and the parents were in on it. On Larry King last night, the boy said he "did it for the show". They were on GMA this morning too, and the father just isn't acting like someone who went thru such a traumatic experience, and said he's appalled that people think it was a hoax. He just acted strange, to say the least.

The family qualifies as "attention seekers" - been on Wife Swap twice. They are facing a whole lot of questions by the authorities.

I hope they have to pay the cost of yesterday's fiasco if it proves that it was indeed a hoax. Just putting that Black Hawk in the air is a costly venture, not to mention all the rest of what transpired. :mad:

aTailOf2Kitties
10-16-2009, 08:13 AM
This song popped into my head yesterday and just won't leave. Thanks, Balloon Boy.:rolleyes: (yeah I know he ended up being at home but this song invaded my mind when everyone was still looking for him)

LEARNING TO FLY by Tom Petty:

Well I started out down a dirty road
Started out all alone
And the sun went down as I crossed the hill
The town lit up the world got still

Im learning to fly but I aint got wings
Comin down is the hardest thing

Well the good old days may not return
And the rocks might melt, and the sea may burn

Well some say life will beat you down
Break your heart, steal your crown
So I started out for God knows where
But I guess Ill know when I get there

Im learning to fly around the clouds
But what goes up must come down

Im learning to fly around the clouds
But what goes up must come down

Im learning to fly
Im learning to fly

Catherinedana
10-16-2009, 09:21 AM
I can't come back! I don't know how it works! Good-bye folks!

Pembroke_Corgi
10-16-2009, 09:22 AM
This was all over the news yesterday as it was local- I'm glad the little boy is ok, but it does seem a bit weird that a boy that young could hide for so long undetected, or even get into the attic himself (do new homes even have walk-up attics?). I feel a bit sorry for the boy either way- if he's really that scared of his dad, I don't think that's normal.

I only watched one clip this morning, but the father was just talking about his experiments, and saying the whole family chased dust storms, etc. Maybe he just doesn't know how to respond to all the attention, but it almost seems like he was fishing around for some funding for his dumb experiments.

lvpets2002
10-16-2009, 09:29 AM
:o Oh I so aggree on this.. The adventure was flakey all along.. I just cant see people putting people thru stuff like this just for attention.. Oh yes they still have a lot of explaining to do for sure..

Speculation is that it was a publicity stunt of some kind, and the parents were in on it. On Larry King last night, the boy said he "did it for the show". They were on GMA this morning too, and the father just isn't acting like someone who went thru such a traumatic experience, and said he's appalled that people think it was a hoax. He just acted strange, to say the least.

The family qualifies as "attention seekers" - been on Wife Swap twice. They are facing a whole lot of questions by the authorities.

I hope they have to pay the cost of yesterday's fiasco if it proves that it was indeed a hoax. Just putting that Black Hawk in the air is a costly venture, not to mention all the rest of what transpired. :mad:

Taz_Zoee
10-16-2009, 09:35 AM
I completely agree that this was a huge publicity stunt. And I hope they have to pay for all that happened.

I saw one thing where Falcon was talking and he said something about Shaggy. Bruce asked me...Shaggy?? I said, it's probably his brothers name. Not sure if I was right. Yeah, definitely attention seekers when you name your children Shaggy and Falcon. :rolleyes:

RICHARD
10-16-2009, 09:54 AM
Oh,
I do know how it is here in Cah lee fuh nee ah!:eek::D

----------------

"Learning To Fly"
Pink Floyd

Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a windswept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
A fatal attraction holding me fast, how
Can I escape this irresistible grasp?
Can't keep my mind from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted Just an earth-bound misfit, I

Ice is forming on the tips of my wings
Unheeded warnings, I thought I thought of everything
No navigator to find my way home
Unladened, empty and turned to stone
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try

Can't keep my mind from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I
Above the planet on a wing and a prayer,
My grubby halo, a vapour trail in the empty air,
Across the clouds I see my shadow fly
Out of the corner of my watering eye
A dream unthreatened by the morning light
Could blow this soul right through the roof of the night

There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, A state of bliss
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I

---------------------------

Shaggy, Falcon and Scooby Doo?

------------------------

I really want to know how this was slanted by the media overseas!!!

--------------------

Of course he had to jump in the balloon.

Imagine what child protective services would say if you put the kid in Ruby Red Slippers.........:D

----------------

I do have to say one thing.

If anything, the peeps who chased the balloon down are thankful for a little excitement and a change to their usual chasing down of cats in trees, calls to Grandma's house because she stood up too quickly and little Thelma (Yes we are doing a Scooby Doo thread--Shaggy?) getting her head stuck in the child gate between the kitchen and wash room......:D

It probably took a few hours off their lives, but we do have a pretty good system of first responders here in the States.

LOLOLOLOL,

I could see someplace like Soviets scrambling MIGs to shoot the little Bees turd down.:eek:

Does anyone remember the people that made a balloon to get over the Berlin Wall?:cool:

momoffuzzyfaces
10-16-2009, 06:31 PM
They were showing clips today of the balloon getting loose. It looked like the Dad was the one who let it go. He was trying to act all mad and stuff. I think I was put on myself.

In one of the tv interviews the reporter asked the kid why he didn't come out when he heard them calling him. He said he was told not too. Then his dad hushed him up real fast. Now he changed his story. :rolleyes:

Grace
10-16-2009, 06:39 PM
They were showing clips today of the balloon getting loose. It looked like the Dad was the one who let it go. He was trying to act all mad and stuff. I think I was put on myself.

In one of the tv interviews the reporter asked the kid why he didn't come out when he heard them calling him. He said he was told not too. Then his dad hushed him up real fast. Now he changed his story. :rolleyes:

And did you notice, there was no basket attached to the balloon when it took off? So much for that theory. I wonder what that deputy had been drinking when he supposedly saw the basket fall off?

That kid has been puking his guts out on national TV - maybe sick of lying?

cassiesmom
10-16-2009, 06:57 PM

Speculation is that it was a publicity stunt of some kind, and the parents were in on it.

I heard a commentary on news radio today that said the father was developing the balloon as an alternative to heavy commuter traffic -- not sure if that is the truth or if the commentator was being facetious, though.

I didn't know you could be on Wife Swap more than once! :confused:

Edwina's Secretary
10-16-2009, 07:02 PM
The family did live in California (doesn't it figure???) while the husband was trying to "break into" acting and/or standup comic. Their landlady when living here has been interviewed and doesn't say anything very nice about the father....

The first question that popped into my mind when I heard the story...why weren't these boys in school? At six and seven - shouldn't they be?

blue
10-17-2009, 09:28 PM
The family is going to be charged!

Catty1
10-18-2009, 03:54 PM
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/091018/odds/odd_us_usa_aircraft

Colorado sheriff: "balloon boy" case was a hoax

1 hour, 43 minutes ago

DENVER (Reuters) - The flight of a home-made helium balloon that sparked a frantic rescue attempt for the young boy thought to be aboard was a publicity-seeking hoax, a Colorado sheriff said on Sunday.

Larimer County Sheriff Jim Alderden said the parents of 6-year-old Falcon Heene would likely face charges in the bizarre incident, which riveted television viewers across the United States for more than two hours on Thursday.

The airship took to the skies on Thursday morning and Richard and Mayumi Heene claimed that their son had climbed aboard, touching off a massive search and rescue operation as the odd silver craft drifted for 50 miles, trailed by U.S. National Guard helicopters. The boy was found not in the flying saucer-shaped craft but safe at home.

"It has been determined that this is a hoax, that it was a publicity stunt," Alderden told a press conference.

"We believe we have evidence at this point to indicate that it was a publicity stunt done with the hopes of better marketing themselves for a reality television show at some point in the future," he said.

Alderden said the parents would likely be charged with conspiracy, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, making a false police report and attempting to influence a public servant.

He said investigators believed that Falcon Heene and his brothers, who are 8 and 10, were "100 percent involved" in the caper but were not expected to face criminal charges because of their age.

"On the bizarre meter, this rates a 10," Alderden said.

Authorities had considered desperate measures to somehow bring the balloon down safely before it slowly began to deflate on its own and landed softly in a wheat field near Denver.

'PLAN WAS TO LAUNCH A SPACECRAFT'

Rescuers who raced to the balloon and found it empty then began to scour the countryside for Falcon, fearing that he had fallen out -- until the family announced that he was safe and had been hiding in a garage attic.

Questions were raised after a CNN interviewer told Richard Heene to ask his son why he had stayed in hiding so long when searchers were desperately calling his name.

The boy responded: "You guys (his parents) said that, um, we did this for the show."

The Heene family has appeared on the ABC television reality show "Wife Swap" in which families swap mothers to deal with family problems.

They gave interviews on a series of U.S. morning shows on Friday to emphatically deny the incident was staged. Falcon vomited repeatedly on camera.

Alderden said his investigators determined that the incident was a hoax after interviewing all five members of the Heene family and searching the home.

"This has been a planned event for some two weeks," he said. "The plan was to launch the spacecraft for a reality TV. The plan was to create a situation where it appeared that Falcon was in the craft to gain publicity. To obtain notoriety to obtain publicity for a television show."

The sheriff, who on Friday had largely dismissed suggestions from reporters that the balloon flight might be a hoax, said that he had, to some extent, manipulated the media in order to gain the trust of the Heenes.

"I bumped against the line of misleading the media," he said. "I hope I didn't cross that line. I bumped up against it by perhaps overstating our assurance or belief that there was nothing behind this."

(Reporting by Dan Whitcomb, editing by Jackie Frank)

pomtzu
10-18-2009, 04:00 PM
IMO, the children should be taken from the parents and the unstable environment in which they live, and the parents made to pay back every penny that this sick trick cost the taxpayer!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-18-2009, 04:06 PM
IMO, the children should be taken from the parents and the unstable environment in which they live, and the parents made to pay back every penny that this sick trick cost the taxpayer!

They should thump the dad on the head hard too for worrying half the country to death!!! :( Or at the very least, swat him hard with a rolled up newspaper!!!

They don't need to worry about me watching any show they are ever on. I can hardly stand to see them on the news any more. :(

cassiesmom
10-18-2009, 05:23 PM
Did anyone else see the clips of the child vomiting just barely off-camera? What was up with that?

Edwina's Secretary
10-18-2009, 05:26 PM
I didn't know you could be on Wife Swap more than once! :confused:

Perhaps it is difficult to find enough people that willing to debase themselves?

pomtzu
10-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Did anyone else see the clips of the child vomiting just barely off-camera? What was up with that?

I saw the GMA interview where this happened. Supposedly the child has asthma, and he gets physically ill when under stress. I wouldn't doubt that it was all part of the whole hoax tho. What a strange bunch that family is....:(

Pam
10-18-2009, 05:38 PM

Well I heard it and thankfully cameras spared us the sight. Now there is real talent - probably learned to be sick on cue by his father. :rolleyes:

Catty1
10-18-2009, 06:07 PM
Or probably so terrified caught between his dad's BS and telling the truth that he DID puke due to stress. I doubt that is a healthy home for any child...:(

Cinder & Smoke
10-18-2009, 06:40 PM
Did anyone else see the clips of the child vomiting just barely off-camera?
What was up with that?

When ya gotta *puke* - ya *puke*! :eek:

FIRST run of the TODAY Show at 7:00 am had the WHOLE thing ON-camera!

The Kid was sitting next to Dad - and LOOKED very uncomfortable.
He fussed a bit, loooked around, and got sick as the video rolled.

IF you were watching, you saw "IT"!
Mom passed over a small plastic container to catch most of it.
They "took a break" and returned in a few minutes with Dad on camera.

lvpets2002
10-19-2009, 10:11 AM
:o Well I wonder how the Parents feel now.. They are about to go to Jail & the kids are to go with the CPS.. Was the Hoax worth it.. Not due to it just ruined there lives..

RICHARD
10-19-2009, 11:45 AM
Look,

We have to watch Jon and Kate, the Duggards, Ozzy and Sharon, Gene Simmons, the "Housewives From" and the Bimbettes at the Mansion.

Why Not?

Actually, Jon G should build a balloon and attach all his kids to it.:D

-------------------------

I want to go live in Colorado, seems like the police there have a low tolerance for BS and stupid pranks.

lvpets2002
10-19-2009, 11:48 AM
:) Yup the crap we have to put up with on TV anymore.. Better yet why dont Jon G just put whinning Kate attached to the Balloon..:D

DJFyrewolf36
10-19-2009, 12:20 PM
Attach Jon and Kate to the balloon and they can fly off into the sunset and the kids can be raised without all the hype! :D

Seems like the kids are most likely to tell the truth ;)

lvpets2002
10-19-2009, 12:21 PM
:) Well there you go.. Good idea.. Yup it seems that Falcon did tell the truth on the CNN interview..:p
Attach Jon and Kate to the balloon and they can fly off into the sunset and the kids can be raised without all the hype! :D

Seems like the kids are most likely to tell the truth ;)

Edwina's Secretary
10-19-2009, 05:11 PM
I heard his lawyer today say there is no reason to do a perp walk just for the media consumption. Isn't that EXACTLY why the guy did it (allegedly)...for the media consumption???

Too, too funny!

smokey the elder
10-20-2009, 09:54 AM
I thought it was interesting when the little boy said "We did it for the show" and that was what the sheriff picked up on. Little children don't know how to lie well. In my rescue group we'll try to talk to the kids as well as the parents...sometimes you get some interesting discontinuities!

DJFyrewolf36
10-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Children usually haven't figured out that lying will get them anyplace but trouble. I wish people would never learn that lying works...

Taz_Zoee
10-20-2009, 03:27 PM
Look,

We have to watch Jon and Kate, the Duggards, Ozzy and Sharon, Gene Simmons, the "Housewives From" and the Bimbettes at the Mansion.

Why Not?

Actually, Jon G should build a balloon and attach all his kids to it.:D

-------------------------

Wow, I watch all of these shows except the Osbournes and Housewives. What does that say about me? Nevermind, don't answer that.
It's too bad Jon and Kate are being talked so about so badly. I've watched the show from the beginning. And I enjoy it.
I will no longer be watching the "Bimbettes at the Mansion" this time around. I only watched it before because a girl I went to high school with was on it (Bridget).

As for balloon boy, I will treat this the same way I did (and do) the Octomom. I will not watch any reality shows they get. I really need to cut back on my reality TV anyway, apparently.

RICHARD
10-20-2009, 04:26 PM
As for balloon boy, I will treat this the same way I did (and do) the Octomom. I will not watch any reality shows they get. I really need to cut back on my reality TV anyway, apparently.

I love my reality.

As long as they don't take up more than one hour a night?

I am there.

I do like Gene Simmons. he's a hoot.

I cannot stand Rehab at the Pool or whatever it's called.
(I do tune in until I start yelling at the tube.) :D

lizbud
10-20-2009, 06:23 PM
I've only seen one interview with the family & wow, the kid surprised
me with what he said during the interview.:eek: The parents didn't bat
an eye.:rolleyes:

http://news.aol.com/article/falcon-heene-asks-who-the-hell-is-wolf/727517#

Pembroke_Corgi
10-20-2009, 07:05 PM
I've only seen one interview with the family & wow, the kid surprised
me with what he said during the interview.:eek: The parents didn't bat
an eye.:rolleyes:

http://news.aol.com/article/falcon-heene-asks-who-the-hell-is-wolf/727517#

I'm not sure why, but this clip made me laugh. The whole thing just gets more bizarre- I don't think either of the parents have any shame at all. The poor kids!

I hope they have to pay back every dime for the search effort times two, though. What if there was a real emergency diverted? Colorado law may prevent people from making profit on criminal acts: http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=125406&catid=339

Alysser
10-20-2009, 08:41 PM
That is ridiculious. :( I can't believe the whole thing was a hoax! The story sounded weird from the beginning but anything can happen, but honestly. What a jerk, both the mom and the dad.

The sad thing is people really have missing children and loose their child for real and none of that stuff get publicized. I cannot imagine loosing a child and to put a whole skit on about it is just sick when it really does happen everyday. People suck sometimes. :mad:

RICHARD
10-20-2009, 09:16 PM
I laughed at the kid in the stroller that got run over by the train.:rolleyes::eek::o

We all got sucked into the story,

I'll admit it and go on tho the next media event!;)

Catty1
10-20-2009, 09:20 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2009/10/20/2009-10-20_balloon_boy_dad_richard_heene_has_long_history_ of_rage.html

Balloon boy dad Richard Heene has long history of rage, scuffles with the law: court docs

BY Nancy Dillon In Los Angeles and Samuel Goldsmith In New York
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Tuesday, October 20th 2009, 4:21 PM

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/10/18/alg_richard-mayumi-heene.jpg
Duplechian for News

Hot-tempered "balloon boy" dad Richard Heene once got so angry he trashed a Volkswagon while fighting with the car's owner, according to newly released court records.

Heene was duking it out with a man named Benito Ortiz in Los Angeles in April 1997 when he took his rage out on Ortiz's 1987 Volkswagon, records released Tuesday show.

He caused thousands of dollars worth of damage - and was convicted of vandalism and disturbing the peace.

Heene was sentenced to 30 days in jail, but served just four and spent the remaining time on house arrest.

He was on probation for two years following the dust-up. Ortiz could not be reached for comment.

"Clearly, from all indications, Mr. Heene has somewhat of a temper," Larimer County (Colo.) Sheriff Jim Alderden said over the weekend when he announced the dad would face felony charges for a stunt that fooled the nation.

He and wife Mayumi told police that their 6-year-old son, Falcon, had climbed aboard a homemade balloon, which broke free and took off.

A 50-mile, three-county rescue operation ensued, but when the balloon finally landed, there was no child inside.

Authorities believe the flying-saucer flap was a hoax and Falcon's folks knew he was safe at home the whole time.

LA court records also show that Richard Heene took out a restraining order against an "ex-employee" in 2006, claiming the man "eroneously (sic) reported me to the the Department of Children and Family Services."

In the request, Heene wrote that Matt Wineroth had reported him to the authorities after he was accused of stealing from the Heene family.

"Stop falsely reporting derogatory information to agencies who have an interest to conduct investigations resulting in wasting my time," Richard Heene wrote in the 2006 restraining order application.

Wineroth could not be reached for comment. In Colorado, where the family moved after living in California, the sheriff said police have responded to the Heene house at least twice in the past year, including a possible domestic violence incident in February.

Child protective services are set to investigate the family, the sheriff said, adding that Mayumi Heene declined officials' suggestion on Saturday that she go to a safe house. The sheriff said officials talked to her "about domestic violence, about her safety, about her children's safety."

Lee Christian, Mayumi Heene's lawyer, told ABC News on Tuesday that Richard Heene alone should be charged in the hoax because of testimony that indicates Mayumi is meek and subservient to her husband.

"I can't comment on the specific allegations here, but if those statements are indeed true, then the district attorney needs to seriously think about whether to charge Mrs. Heene in this case," Christian said.

Meanwhile, the Federal Aviation Administration announced its own investigation into the balloon flight.

Heene and his wife could face federal charges from the FAA or FBI in addition his local legal trouble.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2009/10/20/2009-10-20_balloon_boy_dad_richard_heene_has_long_history_ of_rage.html#ixzz0UX67LwKB

Catty1
10-20-2009, 09:20 PM
RICHARD - you thought the stroller rolling in front of the train was a hoax? Maybe I missed something here...

RICHARD
10-21-2009, 10:23 AM
RICHARD - you thought the stroller rolling in front of the train was a hoax? Maybe I missed something here...

A hoax is a lie.

THAT stroller thing was a stunt.

Probably done by a little person,stunt man that wanted a job in Hollywood.;)

-----------

I am pretty cynical and think on a different plane.

When I was growing up? My dad would fire off a chain saw or some diabolical electric/gas powered tool, but not until he checked the area to make sure his spawn was out of the area, out of danger and out of his mind.;)

So when this effing moron-lol, the real idiots are always named RICHARD- didn't check the area for his kids and certainly didn't check the balloon?

That's an unforgiveable sin.......

And double :D??

I can still hear my mom yelling at my dad because one of us young dunderheads had worked our way too close to the action.

Please.....
Every REAL mom and dad cringed when they thought about THEIR kids bouncing and spinning about the skies in a backyard space ship.

I predict a group of teens pulling this off in THEIR backyard in the future, with a different twist...:eek::confused::(

It is all fun and games until some floats away.

Catty1
10-21-2009, 10:50 AM
The stroller incident was in Austrailia. Check the follow-up at post 6 here. Sure doesn't sound like the family wants any attention, and the cops agree with what happened.
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=156435

Just because some inquiring minds might want to know...;)

RICHARD
10-21-2009, 12:01 PM
The stroller incident was in Austrailia. Check the follow-up at post 6 here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/6385311/Russian-pedestrians-near-miss-by-out-of-control-bus-video.html

I also posted this story in the doghouse thread, too.

Serendipity?
You bet.:eek:

Catty1
10-21-2009, 07:31 PM
Didn't see where the Dog House thread was....but the link was slow, so looked it up on Google News.

Some commentator talked about a rushin' Russian....:rolleyes:

RICHARD
11-06-2009, 07:52 PM
WOW, The "balloon family" was invited to be the Grand Marshals for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!

Just kidding!:)

Cinder & Smoke
11-06-2009, 08:37 PM
The "balloon family" was invited to be the Grand Marshals
for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! :)

That's possibly NOT as far-fetched as it may sound!

:rolleyes: