PDA

View Full Version : Winter cleaning Thursday #338!

RICHARD
10-14-2009, 03:40 PM
The last two days have been rainy and cold, I have been kinda bouncing around looking into corners and seeing cobwebs in places where there were none a while back.

I think a nice little sprucing up and a trip into the Lost and Found is in order.

I am looking into swapping out the floor tile in my kitchen at home-do yo think we dare try it here in the bar?:D :D

----------------

Oh, Just found this recipe.

Raleigh Autumn

1 oz light rum
1/2 oz apricot brandy
1/2 oz Galliano® herbal liqueur
1 tsp lemon juice
2 oz pineapple juice

Shake ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with an orange slice.

pomtzu
10-14-2009, 04:12 PM
Winter cleaning??? I think I missed most of Spring Cleaning! :eek:

Before you go ripping up the floor in the bar, how about a warm drink. Hot chocolate might do it. We're in for 4 days of rain and cold and wind with 2 Nor'Easters hanging off the coast all the way thru the weekend. Temps in the 40's. Had to break down and turn the heat on already. :mad:

Tomorrow morning I'm putting chili in the crock pot - perfect weather for it! ;)

RICHARD
10-14-2009, 04:14 PM
Had to break down and turn the heat on already. :mad:

Tomorrow morning I'm putting chili in the crock pot - perfect weather for it! ;)

I fired up the fireplace yesterday....

One chocolate?

DONE!

Lady's Human
10-14-2009, 04:42 PM
I missed spring cleaning, but Richard, are you sure?

The L+F?

:eek::eek:

DON'T GO IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!

Last time I went down by there Orc ran back out with a scared look on his face!

RICHARD
10-14-2009, 04:44 PM
I missed spring cleaning, but Richard, are you sure?

The L+F?

:eek::eek:

DON'T GO IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!

Last time I went down by there Orc ran back out with a scared look on his face!

Seriously,

I only live once and I do have get motivated around here...You'll thank me about the middle of December when we are all getting cabin fever.;)

Here's a Raleigh Autumn and the phone......911 is all ready programmed in.:eek:

DONE!

Lady's Human
10-14-2009, 04:54 PM
I don't think the firefighters will go in there......

but thanks for the adult beverage.

Hot mulled cider anyone?

Grace
10-14-2009, 04:56 PM
The 'house drink' - Raleigh Autumn - sounds like a winner to me.

I'll take one now, and another later :)

As for the cleaning - I've started mine, but still have so much to do outdoors :(

Can anyone tell me where October went?

Pam
10-14-2009, 05:03 PM
Actually the autumn cleaning began here too. It always starts with putting blankets on the bed and changing the closets over to the cold weather clothing which means a trip to Goodwill. :) I will take one of those Raleigh Autumns too please Richard. :)

Pinot's Mom
10-14-2009, 05:04 PM
I started the cleaning with my car at lunchtime today, does that count?

I'll take a Raleigh Autumn-that sounds good! I'll be working at a wine festival (OUTSIDE) in 45 degrees and rain this weekend, so I could use the warm up. We also just turned on the heat this week.

What should we eat? We'll have pomtzu's chili tomorrow...how about some easy hot ham and cheese paninis tonight?

Karen
10-14-2009, 05:44 PM
Oooh, hot mulled cider for me, please!

Mmm, Richard, I dunno if you wanna attempt to replace the bar floor - best I can figure it's old wood with about a hundred years worth of "patina" .... a.k.a. grime and abuse and varnish and more abuse and ... who knows what's under there if yer gonna tear it up!

I am sure Lady would help if there's digging involved ...

Lady's Human
10-14-2009, 06:09 PM
One hot mulled cider for the mayor.....

And Richard, I'll put down the floor, but I'll be durned if'n I'm gonna do the prep work on this one!

KYS
10-14-2009, 07:10 PM
I had my 1st hot chocolate last night.
Winter cleaning!!!! Ok, but for me with muddy dog paws I think
I will wait till after the rains.
One Hot chocolate.....l

Cinder & Smoke
10-14-2009, 07:51 PM
:rolleyes:

Just don't understand the obsessions with "cleaning" ...
Those Dust & Fur Bunnies that you all insist on removing and discarding
are excellent Insulation ... pile 'em up deep enough and they cushion your
feety-feets and keep 'em warm.

Anyway ... after chugging a couple DoD ... who cares?

TWO DoD, Please ...
I'll get in the mood to not clean.

:D

cassiesmom
10-14-2009, 10:22 PM
I'm with Phred! Could I please have decaf coffee, since it's pretty late and I have to be at work early tomorrow. It's chilly and raining outside, though.

Richard, what are you replacing the existing tile with? I have ugly white linoleum in my kitchen that I'd like to replace with Uniclic, Wilsonart or Pergo laminate. I'm saving money to get it done.

Lady's Human
10-15-2009, 12:54 AM
One decaf coffee, DONE!

If we did anything with the floor in here it would have to be done in butcher tile, I think that's the only way it would stand the abuse in here......

Cinder & Smoke
10-15-2009, 01:18 AM
If we did anything with the floor in here it would have to be done in butcher tile ...

How about just *dimming* the lights a lil more ...
*NunBuddie will even notice the floor*.

Problem Solved!

:D

Lady's Human
10-15-2009, 01:54 AM
That and a couple more DOTD's should work fine.

Easy to ignore the floor after a few.....:p

RICHARD
10-15-2009, 07:57 AM
That and a couple more DOTD's should work fine.

Easy to ignore the floor after a few.....:p

You really can't focus when you are that close to the pattern anyway.;)

Let me put up another pot of coffee on.......anyone want a cinnamon bun with that?

CM,

It's just Armstrong peel and stick tile.. nothing fancy! Coffee? Done!

C&S,

Two DoD's and Pick Up Your Feet!

DONE!

KYS,
A hot chocolate!

And clean floors. DONE!

Karen,

A light sanding and sealer may just do the trick.

DONE!

PM,

Any cleaning counts.....LOL, don't forget the stuff under the seats?;)

Pam,

I have to be 'nice' to my opponents....:p;)

A Raleigh Autumn, and remember "there is no crying in baseball!"

Good Luck to both of us?

DONE!

Grace,

The calendar still has some time left on it for October!:eek::p

Two Drinks of the Day!

DONE!

smokey the elder
10-15-2009, 11:59 AM
It's snowing here! We usually don't see our first flakes until a month from now. I think I need a DotD!

Pam
10-15-2009, 12:18 PM
Pam,

I have to be 'nice' to my opponents....:p;)

A Raleigh Autumn, and remember "there is no crying in baseball!"

Good Luck to both of us?

I promise no tears, but if things don't go my way I may need something a little stronger! :p:D

RICHARD
10-15-2009, 01:07 PM
I promise no tears, but if things don't go my way I may need something a little stronger! :p:D

Done!

STE,

Did you make Mr. Pixtun mad?:D

DotD?

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Winter cleaning? :eek: You mean YOU clean more than once a year out there? :eek::eek: I'm lucky to do it once a year with just tidy ups the rest of the time!!! :D

It's been cold and rainy here all week. Is there still a sun in the sky? :confused: It's to get even colder this weekend. I want something hot and filling please!!! To eat and drink!!! :D

slick
10-15-2009, 06:47 PM
**waves**
Hi everyone! Weather here is cold and ungly. I'd love something to warm my tummy and take the cold away. Richard, what do you recommend?

I'm staying out of that lost and found. I got locked in there once......:eek::eek:

I'll gladly clean behind the bar and the floors.

Lady's Human
10-15-2009, 06:52 PM
How's about some beef stew and fresh bread?

That'll chase away the cold.

RICHARD
10-15-2009, 06:53 PM
It's been cold and rainy here all week. Is there still a sun in the sky? :confused: It's to get even colder this weekend. I want something hot and filling please!!! To eat and drink!!! :D

I closed up the house three days ago and we had a nice cold front with rain move thru. I looked around saw some things that need attention.:D

Today it's hot, the windows are open and I am sweating.....I just grilled up some burgers for the game because I thought it would be cool!:rolleyes:

How's about a cup of coffee and a burger?

DONE?

Hi Slick,

How's about a freshly grilled hamburger (I gotz cheeze burgers, too!) and a gin and tonic????

DONE?

RICHARD
10-15-2009, 06:54 PM

I have to learn to type faster????

Thanks dude!:D

slick
10-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Oh, beef stew and bread.....pass it on over please. Yummy!

Gin and tonic? Make it a double.

Can I put up my Christmas lights??? :D:D

RICHARD
10-15-2009, 09:50 PM
Oh, beef stew and bread.....pass it on over please. Yummy!

Gin and tonic? Make it a double.

Can I put up my Christmas lights??? :D:D

You can do anything you want, it's Survivor Thursday!:D

DONE!

Karen
10-16-2009, 12:31 AM

I miss beef stew - so I'll have some here! Are there carrots and everything good in it? I hope! ;) I know there will be if my brudder's offering it - we trained under the same chefs - Ma and Pa!

Pinot's Mom
10-16-2009, 08:10 AM
mmmm Beef Stew! I might even have that for breakfast...we were out late at an Ian Anderson show and I'm a little fuzzy...my fingers are also getting chewed on at the moment. Pinot is on my lap again with the computer...don't know what it is, she just needs to be here when I'm on in this chair!!

RICHARD
10-16-2009, 10:15 AM
mmmm Beef Stew! I might even have that for breakfast...we were out late at an Ian Anderson show and I'm a little fuzzy...my fingers are also getting chewed on at the moment.

And how many Tull songs did you get?

Beef stew..better the second day!

DONE!

Karen,
One missed beef stew?

DONE!

Ma and Pa recipes!:D

momoffuzzyfaces
10-16-2009, 12:02 PM
I made cornbread casserole for lunch today! I'll share! :D

It's super easy:
One can of chili (I use the kind with beans)
One box or package of cornbread mix mixed up.

Dump the chili in a glass casserole dish.
Pour the cornbread batter over it
bake until the cornbread is done to the temp shown on the cornbread box.

YUMMY!

I do need some hot spiced tea to go with it though. :D

We are on day 8 with no sunshine. WHAAAA!

davidpizzica
10-16-2009, 12:10 PM
MOFF, I'll share with you! That chili sounds real good. RICHARD, careful with that floor! It could be another L & F!

lvpets2002
10-16-2009, 12:31 PM
:) Gosh that sounds so good & very easy to make.. Could I have a bowl of this casserole please..
I made cornbread casserole for lunch today! I'll share! :D

It's super easy:
One can of chili (I use the kind with beans)
One box or package of cornbread mix mixed up.

Dump the chili in a glass casserole dish.
Pour the cornbread batter over it
bake until the cornbread is done to the temp shown on the cornbread box.

YUMMY!

I do need some hot spiced tea to go with it though. :D

We are on day 8 with no sunshine. WHAAAA!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-16-2009, 12:34 PM
Easy is the only sort of thing I make! I'm not one for complicated recipes. :D

Hope you all like it!!! :love:

smokey the elder
10-16-2009, 01:13 PM
Be careful with the L&F; I think there's a door to the LOST island!:D

Karen
10-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Ma and Pa recipes!:D

Only when pressed would Ma write a recipe down - or if someone other than one of her children asked. The rest of the time, we were supposed to pay attention, and help, and learn that way! And with Pa, measuring spoons are generally safe in the drawer - "some" of this, a "little" of that - oh, and hand me some of "that" to throw in ...

Lady's Human
10-16-2009, 04:00 PM
It was funny. Ma would never write e recipe down unless asked and asked again, but she was the one with precise ingredients.

There are some recipes which are tough for me to give to people, (Like fish chowder, beef stew, etc), because the ingredients vary from batch to batch. If I give someone a recipe, it's most likely that's what I put in the last time I made it, as opposed to a hard and fast formula. (One comment to the US Army.......Peas DO NOT go in beef stew!) Those are pretty much Pa recipes.

Macaroni and cheese, rolls, coffee ring, and others are recipes I can give someone in 5 minutes. Those are Ma recipes...........sometimes never written down, but ingredients are in measured quantities.

Wait, does this go into thursdays or the boiled egg thread?:D

DJFyrewolf36
10-16-2009, 04:03 PM
Beef stew and chili casserole? Bring it on! Two things that even I can make for myself...and am thinking about doing...after I have a healthy two or three servings of each here ;)

The cats are asleep on my monster pile of laundry...don't wake them unless you want pawprints all over the bar...

Lady's Human
10-16-2009, 04:05 PM
(sneaks up behind sleeping kitties.......BOO!)

pomtzu
10-16-2009, 04:39 PM
I don't follow a recipe for most everything I cook. It's going to be hard to pass anything down, since my way of cooking is just to "dump" some of this and a little of that.

Except for baking of course, since those ingredients have to be pretty precise, unless of course you don't care if the cake rises or not...:eek: Is that how flatbread came about???

slick
10-16-2009, 07:18 PM
Oh Momo, that cornbread casserole recipe sounds wonderful. Knowing me though, I'll screw it up somehow. Among my many shortcomings, cooking is at the top of the list. :rolleyes: That being said and since you made it, pass it on over. I skipped lunch today - too busy at w-u-r-k.

Richard, I'm parched!!! Can you please pass me an ice cold beer??? Has anyone seen the little orange kitten lately??:confused:

Lady's Human
10-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Lok was last sighted heading for the L+F......

Maybe that's why richard is going down there to clean?

RICHARD
10-16-2009, 10:23 PM
Oh.

More stuff to clean.

I am bushed, it's hot and muggy.

Let me pour some drinks and I will be back later on to do some more?

I have to get ready to be schooled tomorrow!

DONE!

slick
10-16-2009, 10:31 PM
Yeah Richard, you'd better hit the bricks!!!!! ;) Thanks for the drink.

Ah, Friday night and what better place to be than at the cyberbar. Good food, good drink, good company ...it doesn't get any better than this. :love:

RICHARD
10-17-2009, 12:43 PM
Yeah Richard, you'd better hit the bricks!!!!! ;) Thanks for the drink.

Ah, Friday night and what better place to be than at the cyberbar. Good food, good drink, good company ...it doesn't get any better than this. :love:

All that rest for nothing.....today's class was cancelled!

I am kinda glad. it's supposed to be really hot today. I love the fall, but hate the dry, hot windy weather....

Let me make you all some coffee and I'll be back later.....

DONE!

Pinot's Mom
10-18-2009, 08:20 PM
Richard, sorry I didn't get back to you on the Ian Anderson/ Tull question; as my kitty posted elsewhere, we were away for the weekend working a wine festival in Salisbury. It was NOT a good weather weekend, but we still had a good time.

Yes, most of the show of course was Tull - we see Jethro Tull and Ian Anderson every time we can; have for about 25 or 30 years. The show was excellent.

Lady's Human
10-18-2009, 11:37 PM
Barkeep, I'll take a large something (ANYTHING.....as long as it has alcohol in it!!!!!!!!!), a clean shirt, and a reminder to check caller ID BEFORE answering the durned phone!

slick
10-18-2009, 11:41 PM
Ah, another Sunday night. I'm parched. Been at a Pet Expo all day and it was very much phun. I'll take BM with shrimp skewers pleeze. :)

gini
10-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Ah, another Sunday night. I'm parched. Been at a Pet Expo all day and it was very much phun. I'll take BM with shrimp skewers pleeze. :)

In other words - she will have "another round":D

RICHARD
10-19-2009, 11:22 AM
Yes, most of the show of course was Tull - we see Jethro Tull and Ian Anderson every time we can; have for about 25 or 30 years. The show was excellent.

Cool,

I could have waited for an answer!:D

LH, I usually do the answering machine before I pick up.:eek:

One clean t-shirt.....Uh, we only have XXLT Mario Thursdays shirts, Are you game?:D

It's early....A coffee and Kahlua wound good?

Slick,

I was thinking about BMs the other day.....

One skewered shrimp BM?

DONE?

momoffuzzyfaces
10-19-2009, 12:06 PM
I made a fruit cocktail cake and I'll share! :)

It's another really hard recipe:

one yellow or white one layer cake mix
one can fruit cocktail - not drained
one egg

mix everything together. Pour into an 8x8 baking dish that was sprayed with a non stick spray.
Bake at temp on the cake box until the cake is done. :D

Lady's Human
10-19-2009, 03:37 PM
i was unexpectedly called in to work 4 hours early last night.

"There are two machines down, there's no techs in the building, when can you get there"

6 hours later, both machines were running again, and I looked like I had crawled out of a coal mine.

SO, I'll take the T-shirt, and something a little harder than coffee and Kalua.......like maybe Bushmills, neat.

pomtzu
10-19-2009, 04:18 PM
I made a fruit cocktail cake and I'll share! :)

It's another really hard recipe:

one yellow or white one layer cake mix
one can fruit cocktail - not drained
one egg

mix everything together. Pour into an 8x8 baking dish that was sprayed with a non stick spray.
Bake at temp on the cake box until the cake is done. :D

Yummy and simple. :D I'll definitely give this one a try. :p

RICHARD
10-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Yummy and simple. :D I'll definitely give this one a try. :p

Who needs the bald guy on the food channel?

LH, One Mario T shirt and Two Neat Bushmills!

DONE!
Good Job!:D

MOFF,

What size can of fruit?

Thanks!

Ms. G,
And what do YOU want?

momoffuzzyfaces
10-19-2009, 05:45 PM
MOFF,

What size can of fruit?

Thanks!

Just the normal regular size. I think it's 15 or 16 oz. Not the ittie bittie or the jumbo. Isn't that as clear as fur on a frog? :D :love:

RICHARD
10-20-2009, 09:20 AM
Just the normal regular size. I think it's 15 or 16 oz. Not the ittie bittie or the jumbo. Isn't that as clear as fur on a frog? :D :love:

Gotcha....

Fur?
On a frog?;)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-20-2009, 10:14 AM
Gotcha....

Fur?
On a frog?;)

Sure have you never heard of something being as fine as frog fur? ;) :D

Oh, I like the normal cut fruit cocktail too, not the big chunks. But that's just me maybe. It's good by itself but really good with some whipped topping. :D

Pinot's Mom
10-20-2009, 11:25 AM
It's good by itself but really good with some whipped topping. :D

Just about EVERYTHING's good with Whipped Cream!! :D
I'll have some of that cake, please, and it might even go with the DOTD - as I remember, it was a rum drink! :)

RICHARD
10-20-2009, 11:52 AM
Just about EVERYTHING's good with Whipped Cream!! :D
I'll have some of that cake, please, and it might even go with the DOTD - as I remember, it was a rum drink! :)

Cake and a Raleigh Autumn!
DONE!

MOFF,
Frogs are endangered out here......I have seen a few, no fur!;)

DJFyrewolf36
10-20-2009, 02:14 PM
I'll take whatever is on tap...I CAN drink here before work! :D Hope the day finds yall well! *HUGS* to everyone!

Lady's Human
10-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Fine as frog fur?

Ever seen frog's fur?

If you've never seen it, it must be pretty damned fine, then musn't it

:p

RICHARD
10-20-2009, 04:21 PM
Fine as frog fur?

Ever seen frog's fur?

If you've never seen it, it must be pretty damned fine, then musn't it

:p

Make me laugh?

You earned a Bushmill's.

DONE!

DJ,
One Ice cold Draft!

Done!

slick
10-20-2009, 09:58 PM
Slip me somthing strong Richard. I just want to sit down in the back for awhile.:(:(

I don't want to bring anyone down but I really need a drink. We lost another coworker to cancer on the weekend. Rita was such a gentle soul and fought a hard 3-year battle. No more pain Rita - only sunshine and rainbows from now on.

**sigh**

RICHARD
10-21-2009, 09:45 AM
Slip me somthing strong Richard. I just want to sit down in the back for awhile.:(:(

I don't want to bring anyone down but I really need a drink. We lost another coworker to cancer on the weekend. Rita was such a gentle soul and fought a hard 3-year battle. No more pain Rita - only sunshine and rainbows from now on.

**sigh**

A straight one of tequila.

Sorry to hear the news...:(

To Rita.

Done.

DJFyrewolf36
10-21-2009, 11:23 PM
A toast to Rita, and all people affected by cancer. I pray for a cure.