PDA

View Full Version : Which is better?

catnapper
10-13-2009, 09:49 PM
I don't know who I'm driving more nutty -- myself or my husband. I've made him move furniture a dozen times today to see which area rug I like better with the new livingroom. He likes one better, and I like the other better. I think the one I like better doesn't photograph as well as hubby's :p

So, I'll see what PT says.

Black rug
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/BlackRug.jpg

or.....

Beige Rug
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/027-1.jpg

I tried to take pictures from the same point of view, but only have models in the one shot ;)

Oh, and the green chair will be going bye-bye on thrusday when we get a new godlish-tan chair thursday

Edited photos both taken this morning with the same light and showing hte whole sofa. :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/beige.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/black.jpg

Catty1
10-13-2009, 10:00 PM
Black :)

Taz_Zoee
10-13-2009, 10:01 PM
I like the beige one better with the dark couch. But I'm only seeing pictures. So I'll say I like the one you like better. :p ;)

k9krazee
10-13-2009, 10:05 PM
I like them both! But I do like the black a little better, mainly because the beige just seems to blend in with everything.

Karen
10-13-2009, 10:21 PM
I like the black better, as it has both black and beige, and so ties together the dark couch and the beige trim.

Sirrahsim
10-13-2009, 10:22 PM
I like the black better.

kokopup
10-13-2009, 10:40 PM
Beige is a good choice.

Nomilynn
10-13-2009, 10:46 PM
I vote black!

Grace
10-13-2009, 10:54 PM
Black.

Cinder & Smoke
10-13-2009, 11:12 PM
I'd like to see the RED one, please.

:D

krazyaboutkatz
10-14-2009, 01:15 AM
I prefer the black one because you also have the black couch and it stands out better than the tan one too.:)

Maybe you should wait and post another photo on Thurs. after you get the new gold/tan chair.;)

smokey the elder
10-14-2009, 07:12 AM
I think the darker one; it works well with the couch.

catnapper
10-14-2009, 07:18 AM
Ok, as a designer, I'll point out some things

The sofa is chocolate leather. The tan looks better in person because it has a TON of texture, which the livingroom sorely needs thanks to the smooth finish of the leather.

The livingroom is dark. The lighting at night is iffy at best, we have the chocolate sofa and dark harwood floor (which of coarse is cropped out so you wouldn't know that)

Look at the decorative painting on the front of the coffee table, which rug flows with the flowers and leaves better?

The black rug's pattern looks best with the runner going down the steps. I HATE the tan near the step's runner.

Lastly, the diningroom gets whatever rug is left. The black looks AWESOME under the table. The table has a black top, with dark wood base. The chairs are two black, and two wooden. I have a photo but no time to edit and upload it since Trixie is due at the vet in 5 mintues for her spay :eek:

Now..... is black still the reigning king? ;)

jennielynn1970
10-14-2009, 07:48 AM
What's that gray thingy on the left? I think that's throwing off the color scheme. I like them both, but not the gray thingy, lol.

catnapper
10-14-2009, 07:58 AM
What's that gray thingy on the left? I think that's throwing off the color scheme. I like them both, but not the gray thingy, lol.

You mean this green chair? Actually, its blue-green... but thats another conversation ;) Thats leaving tomorrow when my new chair comes in.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/036.jpg

The new chair color will be so much more complimentary to the boys' fur color.

Thats going to become the lounger in the office. I'm SO excited for my new chair to come in tomorrow. Actually, it's hubby's new recliner. :)

Catherinedana
10-14-2009, 08:23 AM
I like the black better. . .it gives it a richer, warmer feel.

Husky_mom
10-14-2009, 09:05 AM
I like the black one too.. but... it really depends on what you want.. with the beige one the space actually seems bigger and "cleaner"

and having not seen your dinningroom.. but as described I think the dark one would suit better in there... color scheme and symmetry

karyn674
10-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Definatetly the BLACK one! Since it has a black background it gives more dimention to it. As Karen said it ties better with the dark sofa. As for the beige one I find it quite flat and uninteresting. Sorry if it's your favourite one!!!

Having said the above it also comes to mind how practical you could be with athe choice itself. With cats in the house, the black one would definately need more vacuuming then the beige one, but still I would go for it!!

lvpets2002
10-14-2009, 12:18 PM
:) Yup I like the Black better..

Cataholic
10-15-2009, 10:52 AM
Black.

Cinder & Smoke
10-15-2009, 11:45 AM
:confused:

WHEN are we gonna see the RED one?

jennielynn1970
10-15-2009, 11:47 AM
The new chair color will be so much more complimentary to the boys' fur color.

I'm SO excited for my new chair to come in tomorrow. Actually, it's hubby's new recliner. :)

Ahhhhhh..... well at least I picked out something that didn't belong, lol. You'll have to post pics of the new chair so we can get a more accurate view of the rugs.

Aspen and Misty
10-15-2009, 05:25 PM
I do not like the black one. I personally think it clashes with the chocolate couch. I like the tan one better.

:)

Ashley

kuhio98
10-16-2009, 09:20 AM
From the photos - knowing 1 doesn't photograph as well as the other -- Black would be my choice

catnapper
10-16-2009, 08:27 PM
hmmm...I can't elieve the number of black votes! I decided on the tan, especially after the new chair came in. In person, the black is obviously a poor choice because of how drab and dark it is... but you guys can only go on photographs. Don't get me wrong, I'm in LOVE with the black carpet. It looks fabulous under the diningroom table. But the diningroom is a lot lighter room than the livingroom. It can handle a dark rug, and actually needs a dark rug. The light rug looked terrible in the diningroom.

Hubby liked the black in person because he's still favors the bachelor pad black and grey color scheme, but once he saw the photos, he also saw what I was trying to tell him about the painting on the tables, the lightening of the room, and the need for texture.

We moved a TON more furniture around yesterday. I need to reframe some photos for the walls. I got out the mat cutter last night -- I have the straight edge part, but I'm missing the cutter head. Goodness knows where I'll find it :rolleyes:

Of course, now that I have a new chair, the fireplace looks AWFUL. So thats my next project. Hubby just rolls his eyes and lets me do what I think needs done.

Its SO EXCITING to finally get the house looking like I've always wanted it :D

Twisterdog
10-16-2009, 08:51 PM
Black.

3Catcondo
10-16-2009, 10:57 PM
I like the beige, it brightens up the room. Will you post a pic of the black one in the other room? I also like the "fur models" on the lounger thing.