PDA

View Full Version : 2010 PT Calendars: get your pics ready! ;)

Husky_mom
10-13-2009, 09:19 AM
well.. I think you all better start searching your infinite stash of pics.. the time has come for the 2010 PT calendar submissions...

I had been tossing around the idea since I joined but there was already someone doing the job..so this time I got a green light as the previous person is not able to do them this time... I donīt intend to copy in any way, but just do what Iīve always wanted to do since day one and to continue this beautiful tradition.. I just hope to fulfill your expectations..

thereīll be DOG and CAT calendars.. as well as PETS depending on quantity of submissions for that one.. at least 12.. 24 being better ;)

what Iīll need:

* Photo MUST be clear.
* Please just original photos. No photoshops - however, brightening/darkening, red eye changes, etc. are fine. I will fix the eyes if you are unable to.
* Photo MUST be 1600 x 1200 pixels minimum. I don't want to use anything smaller because it won't print out right. If you send something smaller, it will show up small in the calendar.
* Photo can be of multiple cats, as long as it's just cats. You must be the owner of the cats.
* ONE entry per PT CAT - you may submit more than one entry, as long as it's of a different cat.
* Once you send your photo to me, you're claiming it's ownership as well as giving me the permission to use it.

Send all entries to ptcalendars@ gmail.com (without the space;))- WAIT! Keep reading before you send..

**IMPORTANT**
For multiple photos, please send each photo in separate emails.
PLEASE include the following in your subject line:
"CAT Calendar - <MONTH YOU WANT TO BE FEATURED>"

In the body of the e-mail include the following:
Owner's First Name:
PT Member Name:
Cat Name(s):

----------------------------------

A few photo tips:

-Natural lighting usually makes for the best picture.
-Headshots will make your cat more prominent in the calendar.
-The less background clutter, the better the shot. Flowers, scenery, etc are a nice touch.

-------------------------------

Reminders:
-I may not be able to feature your image in the exact month you want.
-One entry means one entry - if you send more than one I will choose which I think will fit best.
-If you have any ideas, concerns, etc. please PM me.
-I will NOT accept entries via PM - e-mail only please!

Husky_mom
10-13-2009, 09:21 AM
pics received so far.. still some need to have month chosen

pinot
momoffuzzyfaces 1, 2 & 3
pomtzu
astrid
catmandu Mr. Scrappy/Pouncer, Buster, Bobo,Ebony Beau, Moose
heidv Paris, Tucker
tailof2kitties Havoc, Toby, RB Montego
lvpets2002
kb2yjx
kittycats_delight Bella, Vega, Frost, Vixen, Phoenix
taz_zoee Paizly
krazyaboutkatz Sky, Storm, Pearl, Sunny, Ziggy
roxyluvsme13
maya&inkas mom zazou
phesina
carole

Pinot's Mom
10-13-2009, 10:10 AM
Pinot's in! Email just sent!! Thanks for doing this!! :)

astrid
10-13-2009, 10:27 AM
Yes!!!!
Sophie'll be very excited to become a calendar girl:D

Gracias Laura!!! :love:

lvpets2002
10-13-2009, 10:36 AM
:) So Many Thanks Isabel.. Hey PM Karen & get her to put this Thread as a Sticky ok.. In the mean time I will be looking for a pic..

krazyaboutkatz
10-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Isabel, I'm glad that you'll be able to make this traditional calendar happen again.:) I've been buying them and submitting pictures every year and I'll be doing it again this year. Now I just need to either take some new pictures or look through my many older pictures. Thanks in advance for taking this project on.:)

I didn't see a deadline to enter. Do you have one yet?

astrid
10-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Isabel??!! I'm sorry!!! I don't know why I called you Laura!!! :p

Husky_mom
10-13-2009, 12:11 PM
still havenīt decided deadline.. but Iīll give you plenty time...;)

Iīm glad to be able to continue this.. for you and for me.. I love seeing every one of them..

and Astrid.. donīt worry.. hehe.. got the message.. lol the intentios is the one that counts.. you can call me whatever.. hehe.. with obvious exceptions..lmao..;)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-13-2009, 12:18 PM
The pic of Winnie holding Angel's head is on the way. Let me know if the size isn't right. I sent it as the original size but can make it smaller if needed.

Let me know if you need more cats. I can always send Chester and Grandma in too. :D

Husky_mom
10-13-2009, 12:31 PM
the more the merrier.. and the bigger the pics the better..

I love that pic of you babies.. so cute!!.. everyone will melt

momoffuzzyfaces
10-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Pics of Chester with his lid and one of my pretty Grandma are on the way now. :D

astrid
10-13-2009, 02:30 PM
I already sent Sophie's photo, I hope you got it!!!
;)

heidiv
10-13-2009, 04:51 PM
I just submitted Paris and Tucker.

aTailOf2Kitties
10-13-2009, 06:25 PM
I have a gorgeous picture of my RB Montego but it's too small. All I have is my photobucket pic since my 'puter crashed last year and I lost all my pics :(

Guess I'll dig through the huge stash of Toby/Havoc pics. Man I would not want to be the one to choose who makes it and who doesn't!:eek: I can't figure out which of my own pics I like the best.... and I've only got 2 cats to choose from, LOL

Husky_mom
10-13-2009, 06:39 PM
send em over... Iīll see what I can do.. not making any promesses but Iīll try manage to get everyones pics in...I have a few ideas that can work for some small or blurry pics ;)

kb2yjx
10-13-2009, 06:58 PM
Just sent in the photos!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

aTailOf2Kitties
10-13-2009, 09:31 PM
just sent mine;)
Can we get the other calendar thread deleted? I almost sent pics to the wrong address, cuz I clicked the wrong sticky.

Husky_mom
10-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Just sent in the photos!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iīm afraid I havenīt got yours... could it be you send them to the other address in the other thread?.. it came to mind when tailof2kitties mentioned it :p

kb2yjx
10-14-2009, 10:12 AM
I have gotten a REJECTED email that you do not exist!!! I sent the photos to your address!!! I will try again!!!!!!!!!!! Sandra

astrid
10-14-2009, 10:56 AM
Did you get mine????????
:confused:

Husky_mom
10-14-2009, 12:06 PM
I have gotten a REJECTED email that you do not exist!!! I sent the photos to your address!!! I will try again!!!!!!!!!!! Sandra

hmm.. thatīs weird.. did you removed the spaces I left behind...

if you want PM me your email so i can send you an email and see if it works then

and yes, astrid I got yours;)

catmandu
10-14-2009, 02:55 PM
I am so sorry that I sent so many, but these are my Dear Angel Cats , and I guess I got carried away.
Mr Scrappy and Pouncer are already on a calendar, so I should send a Moose instead.
Thank You.

Pinot's Mom
10-14-2009, 06:39 PM
Pinot has been resubmitted with hopefully better sized pictures!:)

momoffuzzyfaces
10-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Did you get mine? Was the sizes ok? I may be able to make them bigger if needed. :)

lvpets2002
10-15-2009, 09:24 AM
:love: I sent in my Blind Boy Bogart's pic.. He will be the only one that I submitt unless we are in need of more pics.. Isabel was Bogart's pic bigg enough & arrive ok?? Oh Bogart for the month of September (the month he came to live here).. If too many for that then just pick a month for him.. Many Many Thanks for doing this for us..

aTailOf2Kitties
10-15-2009, 09:52 AM
Can I request February for my boy(s)? Not a huge issue but I adopted them on Valentine's Day.

Husky_mom
10-15-2009, 10:33 AM
got all the pics so far.. checking sizes and sorting months still hehe
actually I had Bogart for Sept.. lol

as for Havoc/Toby.. sure can do.. but would like to have them in separate months..good sized pics and idea-wise..

momcat
10-17-2009, 06:31 PM
Hi! My PT calendar arrived today and I can't wait to put it up in my office for all of my co-workers to see and admire. Without a doubt, I'll be the envy of all my co-workers who are also owned by their kitties.

Just want you to know the calendar is beautiful and definitely a keeper when 2010 takes its place in history. Concatulations on a job very well done!!!!!!

And thank you for all of your hard work :D :love:

heidiv
10-17-2009, 08:58 PM
Did you receive mine? How do I order a calandar??? I really want one??

:D

krazyaboutkatz
10-18-2009, 03:27 AM
Hi! My PT calendar arrived today and I can't wait to put it up in my office for all of my co-workers to see and admire. Without a doubt, I'll be the envy of all my co-workers who are also owned by their kitties.

Just want you to know the calendar is beautiful and definitely a keeper when 2010 takes its place in history. Concatulations on a job very well done!!!!!!

And thank you for all of your hard work :D :love:

How could you receive the 2010 calendar when it hasn't even been made yet? Don't you mean you received the 2009 calendar?

momoffuzzyfaces
10-18-2009, 10:57 AM
How could you receive the 2010 calendar when it hasn't even been made yet? Don't you mean you received the 2009 calendar?

I was wondering that too! :D

aTailOf2Kitties
10-18-2009, 04:05 PM
yet another reason to get the old thread deleted if that's what happened:confused:

Taz_Zoee
10-18-2009, 05:51 PM
Just sent one of Paizly! :D

Oh, I didn't pick a month. You can put her in any month you want or need to. :)

krazyaboutkatz
10-18-2009, 07:59 PM
I finally picked out pictures of all 5 of my cats. I hope you received them. Thanks again.:)

Husky_mom
10-19-2009, 08:46 AM
lol.. I wondered about that too.. the calendars for 2010 are still in the making..;)

once theyīre done Iīll put a link of where you can buy it from.. maybe a couple places..

lvpets2002
10-19-2009, 10:02 AM
:) Yes Tracey that is what she is saying.. If you will read her remark of when the 2010 will take its place in history.. She is meaning she just got a 2009..

momcat
10-19-2009, 12:43 PM
Oh wow. Friends, I am so sorry about the mix-up with the year. It is the 2009calendar and not 2010. The '09 calendar is beautiful, but with our kitties in the staring roles how could it be anything but gorgeous! This one too is a keeper. I really feel awful about the confusion. A place in my cubicle is already picked out for 2010 when it becomes available.

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-20-2009, 04:04 AM
This year I am entering a pic of my gorgeous Zazou! As she is a tuxie, it isn't always easy to get a good shot of her...:rolleyes:
But this one is so good, so.........
I've sent it by e-mail Isabel!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/berlut/calendar-zazou.jpg

phesina
11-01-2009, 07:54 PM
I just sent in pix of all my kitties. If there isn't room for them all, my first choice is Peony, my girl who just went to the Rainbow Bridge in September.

Thanks, Isabel, and thanks for taking this project on.

Pat

catmandu
11-03-2009, 09:46 AM
Could you please keep Mr Scrappy and Pouncer in, as I send Mr Scrappy in as Mr Scappy in the yera that he was included,
Thank You So Much.
I am old!:confused::confused:

Husky_mom
11-04-2009, 11:33 AM
sure no prob.. ;).. Iīm halfway done with the kitties one.. awesome response from you guys... thank you... hope you like it...

if you still havenīt sent and still wanna join.. thereīs still time.. Iīll give you all weekend to work those photoshoots.. ;)

lvpets2002
11-06-2009, 12:02 PM
:) Isabel I just sent you a pic of Taccoa & for her to be put with Elmer = Pat's baby.. Please let me know if you got it & all is good.. Again Many Thanks for doing this for us..

Husky_mom
11-09-2009, 08:44 AM
Thank you all who submitted pics.. if you were sending today go ahead... other than that i think itīs a wrap... many gorgeous pics.. still sorting a few spaces out.. but doing great.. hope you like it..

thank you!!!

astrid
11-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Thank YOU for what you're doing!!!
I can't wait to see it!!!! ;)

Husky_mom
11-17-2009, 09:02 AM
thank you all.. submissions are now officially closed.. I should have the kitties ready by the end of this week.. then to work o the pooches one.. they both shall be ready by the end of november or first week december... plenty time before christmas.. ;)

thank you all!!

lvpets2002
11-17-2009, 11:28 AM
:) Well I just know the Calendar will be so Pretty & just Great.. Many Many Thanks Isabell for doing this for us..
thank you all.. submissions are now officially closed.. I should have the kitties ready by the end of this week.. then to work o the pooches one.. they both shall be ready by the end of november or first week december... plenty time before christmas.. ;)

thank you all!!

krazyaboutkatz
11-17-2009, 11:28 AM
Thanks so much Isabel. I'm sure they'll turn out great.:) I can hardly wait to see them.:)

kb2yjx
11-18-2009, 09:11 AM
Cannot wait to see the calendar!!!!

Husky_mom
11-19-2009, 01:33 PM
finishing up last month and working on cover pics.. maybe itīll be ready tomorrow.. hehehe

krazyaboutkatz
11-25-2009, 11:29 AM
I just received my 2010 PT Cat Calendar yesterday. It looks great and I was showing it off to some of my co-workers.:) It looks even better in person and I know that I'm going to be enjoying it all year long. Thanks again Isabel for all of your hard work.:) I love the way that you grouped the cats and the themes/captions that you used for each month too.

aTailOf2Kitties
11-28-2009, 10:21 PM
got mine today! I'm so used to buying el-cheapo calendars that I was expecting something cheaply made and stapled in the middle, but it is soooooo much nicer than that! My favorite part is where the little valentine heart under Toby's picture says "feed me". That is so him, that I chuckle every time I look at it. :love: