PDA

View Full Version : 2010 PT Calendars: get your pics ready! ;)

Husky_mom
10-13-2009, 09:18 AM
well.. I think you all better start searching your infinite stash of pics.. the time has come for the 2010 PT calendar submissions...

I had been tossing around the idea since I joined but there was already someone doing the job..so this time I got a green light as the previous person is not able to do them this time... I donīt intend to copy in any way, but just do what Iīve always wanted to do since day one and to continue this beautiful tradition.. I just hope to fulfill your expectations..

thereīll be DOG and CAT calendars.. as well as PETS depending on quantity of submissions for that one.. at least 12.. 24 being better ;)

what Iīll need:

* Photo MUST be clear.
* Please just original photos. No photoshops - however, brightening/darkening, red eye changes, etc. are fine. I will fix the eyes if you are unable to.
* Photo MUST be 1600 x 1200 pixels minimum. I don't want to use anything smaller because it won't print out right. If you send something smaller, it will show up small in the calendar.
* Photo can be of multiple dogs, as long as it's just dogs. You must be the owner of the dogs.
* ONE entry per PT DOG - you may submit more than one entry, as long as it's of a different dog.
* Once you send your photo to me, you're claiming it's ownership as well as giving me the permission to use it.

Send all entries to ptcalendars@ gmail.com (without the space;))- WAIT! Keep reading before you send..

**IMPORTANT**
For multiple photos, please send each photo in separate emails.
PLEASE include the following in your subject line:
"DOG Calendar - <MONTH YOU WANT TO BE FEATURED>"

In the body of the e-mail include the following:
Owner's First Name:
PT Member Name:
Dog Name(s):

----------------------------------

A few photo tips:

-Natural lighting usually makes for the best picture.
-Headshots will make your dog more prominent in the calendar.
-The less background clutter, the better the shot. Flowers, scenery, etc are a nice touch.

-------------------------------

Reminders:
-I may not be able to feature your image in the exact month you want.
-One entry means one entry - if you send more than one I will choose which I think will fit best.
-If you have any ideas, concerns, etc. please PM me.
-I will NOT accept entries via PM - e-mail only please!

Husky_mom
10-13-2009, 09:21 AM
pics received so far:

pomtzu Sparky, Mindy
countrywolf07 Anna, Hank
Taz_zoee , Zoee, Taggart
kittycats_delight Artica
roxyluvsme13
monicanhonda
alyssa Mikey, Sassy
dukedogsmom
seravieve
wolf_q
binka nugget
fritz

Taz_Zoee
10-13-2009, 10:48 AM
Thank you so much, Isabel, for taking on this wonderful task. I will have to search my pictures when I get home. Or take some new ones. ;) (Although, the weather is not nice here right now.)

Husky_mom
10-14-2009, 09:07 AM
come on dog people... Iīve got just one entry so far.. the cat people already filled the minimum needed but always waiting for more ;)

Taz_Zoee
10-14-2009, 09:25 AM
What date do we need to get them to you by? I'm very busy right now with school. But I will try to do it this weekend.

Husky_mom
10-14-2009, 09:38 AM
donīt have a specific date yet... but about the first week of
november.. ;)

pomtzu
10-15-2009, 02:16 PM
Any more dog submissions Isabel???

If you don't get any - or enough - you could always make it a combo calendar with dog/cat/pet in one.

I can't believe the dog people are so slow to respond....:confused::(

Husky_mom
10-16-2009, 09:40 AM
Any more dog submissions Isabel???

If you don't get any - or enough - you could always make it a combo calendar with dog/cat/pet in one.

I can't believe the dog people are so slow to respond....:confused::(

havenīt got any more yet... that did crossed my mind though.. but Iīm just hoping they are just taking a few days to take pics.. theyīve got time still... ;)

come on bring out the pics of the new puppers as well as the oldies hehe..

CountryWolf07
10-16-2009, 10:34 AM
I will participate. I will send my favorite picture of Hank... :) Look out for it.

CountryWolf07
10-16-2009, 10:50 AM
I will participate. I will send my favorite picture of Hank, actually two! :) Look out for it.

Ok, actually I don't know if this is allowed but I just sent a picture of Anna, my favorite of her, from last winter.

Husky_mom
10-16-2009, 12:04 PM
thanks!!.. and yes..RB babies are more than welcome ;)

MonicanHonda
10-16-2009, 02:19 PM
I will be trying to take pictures in the next week or so so I will hopefully have a picture to send!!! I have two or three but they're not big enough to put in! Lol

Taz_Zoee
10-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Just sent in one of Taggart and one of Zoee. I hope you can use them.

I did not pick months. You can use them in any month. :)

MonicanHonda
10-20-2009, 10:21 PM
I sent one in... I had a cuter one, but then I made it too small. Lol Stupid me. Anyways, I put a month on there, but you can use her anytime also :)

Husky_mom
10-21-2009, 09:59 AM
Monicanhonda: I havenīt received it yet..:confused:..

everyone else:
come on people.. we need more pics!!. ;).. send in those huskies, pits, bichons, shelties, dobies, rotties, hounds, retrievers, terriers, shepherds and all the heinz.. ;)

MonicanHonda
10-22-2009, 01:10 PM
I'll try again. I probably spelled something wrong. Lol

Husky_mom
10-22-2009, 05:40 PM
got it now :D...

come on peeps... it doesnīt has to be a new pic... just a cute one..(hard to choose huh? ;))...

you still have time though... start clicking away!!

Alysser
10-22-2009, 06:07 PM
I sent one in Isabel, thanks for taking on the task. I forgot to include some things in my e-mail though! Can I PM you?

Husky_mom
10-22-2009, 06:24 PM
sure!.. thanks for joining!! :D

Husky_mom
10-29-2009, 02:39 PM
bumping this up again.. we need more entries.. :(.. for both dog and pets... the cat one.. could use a few more.. but itīs pretty much all set :)

dukedogsmom
10-31-2009, 06:04 PM
Will Tuesday be too late? I can get some together then.

Husky_mom
11-02-2009, 12:03 PM
sure.. send them over.. Iīll be getting pics for a week and a bit more

Husky_mom
11-04-2009, 11:41 AM
come on peeps.. they donīt need to be new pics.. just one of your faves...

we are short on doggie pics...:(.. Iīll be taking entries for a while.. but I would like them to be ready and available before Christmas.. come on and join..

we have so many gorgeous puppers.. take a minute and send me a pic ;)

wolf_Q
11-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Sent one of the huskies

Husky_mom
11-12-2009, 08:31 AM
at least 3 more.. come on peeps.. just 3 more..;)

thank you all whoīve already submitted :D

Husky_mom
11-17-2009, 09:04 AM
thank you all.. I got the pics I still needed with a plus.. thanks :D

submissions are now officially closed.. I should have the kitties ready by the end of this week.. then to work on the pooches one.. they both shall be ready by the end of november or first week december... plenty time before christmas..

thank you all!!

pomtzu
11-30-2009, 10:10 AM
Almost done???? Gee - I'm not impatient or anything like that................:p:D

Husky_mom
11-30-2009, 11:37 AM
I know Iīm a lil behind on these.. (inlaws are visiting:rolleyes:.. so not much time to work on it) but I have a few months done already.. once they leave (hopefully soon..lol) Iīll get back on track to have them ready... they should be ready at the most the first week of dec..*crosses fingers*..

pomtzu
12-06-2009, 09:02 AM
The calendar looks great Isabel. As you know, I've been waiting "patiently" (NOT) for it to be finished.

I just ordered copies of both the dog and cat calendar. Can't wait to see them "up close and personal". :D

Thanks again for taking on the task this year. You did a terrific job!!! :)

Husky_mom
12-12-2009, 08:19 PM
THANK YOU!!.. I really enjoyed doing them and am glad you liked it too.. many many thanks

amberlynn
01-11-2010, 08:59 PM
i was wondering if u still needed pix for the calender....well im gona send ya some anyways