PDA

View Full Version : Bacardi Ad

karyn674
10-13-2009, 05:45 AM
As per my previous post, both my lovebirds came from a Bacardi Advert, being filmed here in Malta and where being used as props. I called them Lemon and Lime for their obvious colouration. But shortly after they moved in and into their new cage Lemon managed to break out.

Now that the advert is out and just watched it, I found out she has a special shot all for herself!

You can view it on:

http://www.bacardi.com/#/us/en-us/spiritofbacardi/watch/ad

What a great actress she is!!!!

luckies4me
10-13-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm confused. I didn't see a bird in the ad...

So he flew away? :confused: Did you ever get him back?

lvpets2002
10-13-2009, 12:52 PM
:) Yes the bird is in a cage right at the end of the advert.. She is cute.. Sorry about the one that flew away.. Did the baby come back??
I'm confused. I didn't see a bird in the ad...

So he flew away? :confused: Did you ever get him back?

luckies4me
10-13-2009, 01:13 PM
OH! I didn't see it. This computer is old and everything is choppy. Hopefully I'll have my new laptop soon.:D

karyn674
10-14-2009, 05:03 AM
No she did not come back, but I'm assuming she's enjoying flying free and maybe has a family ;0)

Hope she's happy and safe

Catherinedana
10-14-2009, 08:22 AM
Hi Karyn!

I actually saw this ad on TV last night and noticed the lovebird, but never put two and two together! Guess she was just too much of a star to stay in her cage! I'm sorry she didn't come back... .

Is Lime doing ok? Do you think you'll get him a new friend?

Love ya!
Cathy

PS: Leslie is on her way. . . . Thanks for being so welcoming!:D

karyn674
10-14-2009, 02:04 PM
Hi Cathy,

Lime is fine, he is well over it but I was really sad for him when it happened. Then yesterday I saw the commercial, and noticed that I still miss her!

As you said Lime did pick out a buddy.......it's Tom my husband, he bonded incredibly and it a choice he did, since I'm the one mostly at home but noooooo! It's Tom, he is head over claws about!!!

Still we will be getting him a new friend, I don't want him to be lonely. I just have to check out the hand reared lovbirds that you suggested. But still don't know if it is a possibility to find such trained birds on the island.

Will have to find out and will inform you!

Leslie and I will meet tomorrow. I'll pick her up at the Airport and head to Gozo to spend the day. We will definately enjoy it, I have no doubts ;)

Karen x x x x

Karen
10-14-2009, 02:47 PM
I had to view the video on Paul's machine to see Lime at all, as mine processes videos from some sites poorly, and it jumps from bit to bit, and skipped her little part. I hope she is happy somewhere on the island, and am glad Lemon is adjusting. I wonder if you will see her again someday, and if she would recognize you?

Anyway, she's a pretty little bird, and I am sure you miss her, but seeing her in the video was fun!

karyn674
10-14-2009, 03:06 PM
Indeed Karen it was great seeing her on the commercial. That ad is just too special now!!!! Ok its a milli fraction of a second, there where foreign actors on that ad that did not get such a tight shot!!!! :)

And who does not recognise his loved pets?!!

What a sweetie, now I get to see her on TV!!!