PDA

View Full Version : Sister in Hospital

fritz03
10-12-2009, 07:23 PM
My sister Marlene is in the hospital.She wasn't feeling good ,too much gassy food.they come home early today,later on after being home,she had pain so went to the hospital,it is trouble with her bowels she seems to have from time to time.The were trying to flush her out tonight,she still in emergency tonight,Mom went and saw her,they were taking her go for more tests.She will there at least until tomorrow,Taffy was here tonight,maybe again tomorrow.

Cinder & Smoke
10-12-2009, 09:20 PM
:(
Sorry to hear Sis Marlene is feeling under the weather.

We'll send some PT Prayers that she gets all fixed up quickly.
:love:

Catty1
10-12-2009, 09:48 PM
I hope she feels better soon! Tummy pain is one of the worst! Healing prayers heading Marlene's way.:love:

Daisy and Delilah
10-12-2009, 11:54 PM
I'm sorry to hear this , Barry. I think I remember that Marlene had this around this time another year. I hope she gets better soon. My thoughts and prayers are going out right away.:(

Medusa
10-13-2009, 07:05 AM
Prayers are going up that all will be well w/your sister and you......

Anikaca77
10-13-2009, 02:24 PM
I hope your sister is feeling better today, prays that everything goes well and she feels better soon.

Melissa

fritz03
10-13-2009, 02:52 PM
The pain she had yesterday was gone,she told Doctors here that if anything had to be done ,she want to go to Toronto(St.Michael's Hospital)I just heard from Larry ,Marlene called him to say that they are trying to get her into St.Michael's.Will let you know what goes on.

Daisy and Delilah
10-13-2009, 03:47 PM
More thoughts and prayers coming to you all, Barry. I look forward to an update.

fritz03
10-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Mom said there is a kink in Marlene's bowel,it happened before and straightened itself out,this time it didn't straighten out so an operation is needed.She was upset when she heard this.The hospital called St,Mike's and her doctor there called back to say have to find a bed there and will go there once that is done.It is right near a hernia so they have to be careful.

cassiesmom
10-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Oh, dear. That sounds serious. Prayers for Marlene from Chicago tonight.

Marigold2
10-13-2009, 07:56 PM
Sending her the very best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Daisy and Delilah
10-13-2009, 08:06 PM
Not good news, Barry. I hope she gets that surgery and sails through it. I will hope and pray for a fast recovery too.:(

fritz03
10-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Marlene is still here in hospital,still waiting to go to Toronto.Mom has just gone to see ,Dropped her off,she will be there until 5:30.She hasn't go any pain now ,mom says she looks good,her diabetes is fine. there is a 93 year old lady in her room,she was having the same operation done here at 3,Marlene wants it done in Toronto with the doctor that know all about her bowel trouble.

Catty1
10-14-2009, 05:16 PM
I hope she has the surgery done soon...if they think it is urgent, they may not want to take the time to transfer her to Toronto. In that case, I am sure the surgeon would talk to her doctor at St Mike's to get details.

More prayers for Marlene.:love:

Daisy and Delilah
10-14-2009, 10:28 PM
I am sending more thoughts and prayers out, Barry. Feel better Marlene!! Taffy misses her Mom.

fritz03
10-15-2009, 10:52 AM
The doctor in Toronto called early today to say he itd all booked up with surgeries there,he can't do it so the surgery is being done her today 4 this afternoon.Glad it is finally being done.this doctor that's doing it is from St,.Mike's,works here now,knows the other doctor who done the previous surgery.This one has done a lady from church,she's had no problems and did a 93 year old lady yesterday so hope for the best.

Daisy and Delilah
10-15-2009, 11:52 PM
Please let us know how Marlene is doing, Barry. I hope it went well yesterday. Prayers still going out.

Catty1
10-16-2009, 10:15 AM
Hope all went well for Marlene and she will be all better soon!

fritz03
10-16-2009, 01:12 PM
The operation went well.The operation started at 4:15 yesterday and went for about 3 and a half hours.The bowel was straightened out,didn't take any more off,put mesh around 1 of the hernias.Mom and Larry were there waiting the whole time,Doctor came down and talked to them.The went and saw Marlene after, she cried when she saw them,mom said it was nerves,she was probably happy to see her.She is in some pain, getting Morphine for it,Mom went to see her today,had some some pain overnight ,just wanted to sleep,Mom going back around 4 ,I will run her up to the hospital.She will be there for another week,won't being doing any household chores for a while.thanks for everyone's concerns and prayers,much appreciated.

Daisy and Delilah
10-16-2009, 05:30 PM
Barry, I am so sorry Marlene is having to go through this. How terrible for her. I know everyone is grateful that you're taking care of the dogs and holding down the fort. I will continue to keep Marlene and the family in my thoughts and prayers.

cassiesmom
10-16-2009, 07:14 PM
Barry, I am so sorry Marlene is having to go through this. How terrible for her. I know everyone is grateful that you're taking care of the dogs and holding down the fort. I will continue to keep Marlene and the family in my thoughts and prayers.

same here, Barry.

fritz03
10-18-2009, 01:44 PM
Mom and I went to see Marlene after church this morning.She looks good,resting,eyes were closed,she talked to us.They have had her up walking,have let her drink diet pop,no solid food,been a week,still on an IV.Has had hallucinations due to the Morphine they give her for pain.No trouble with her bowels.Larry was the with his sister and her husband when we came,they left soon after we came.Gave her a kiss on the hand so did Mom,hard the other way with an IV in her nose.

Daisy and Delilah
10-18-2009, 06:15 PM
I'm glad to hear you and Mom got to see her, Barry. It sounds like she's doing ok but these things are never pleasant. I will still keep her and all of you in my thoughts and prayers. {{{{{MARLENE}}}}}

fritz03
10-19-2009, 07:15 PM
Mom said Marlene had some food,had Cream of Chicken soup,had some Butterscotch pudding or might have been Jello.I am kind of busy running mom up and bringing her back,only a couple of minutes there and looking after Fritz and Taffy.She had been out walking again and was sitting in a chair,looking really good.

ramanth
10-19-2009, 08:46 PM
I hope Marlene recovers quickly! :love:

Medusa
10-20-2009, 06:47 AM
Sounds like she's making good progress. Prayers continuing......:)

Daisy and Delilah
10-20-2009, 08:28 AM
More thoughts and prayers coming to Marlene and the family, Barry. I hope Larry is coping well. Your Mom too. I know she is a strong woman and seems to never be sick, thank God. You are doing a great job with everything, Barry. :)

When someone is in the hospital, it's hard to keep up with every day life. I hope Marlene comes home soon.

fritz03
10-20-2009, 08:46 PM
Marlene is doing well,got staples removed from where they operated,had tube form nose removed yesterday,was eating solid food today,diabetes is a little high,hope it will go down.Reverend Lafave had been in to see her,had gone to the wrong room a few days before where there were old men.Mom told her that I did the yard work up at the house,by next week won't look like I done it.Hope maybe in a couple of days or so she will be coming home,no housework for a while.

Daisy and Delilah
10-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Bless Marlene. I am so hoping for a fast recovery for her. She will more than likely be taking it easy for awhile. I hope she does. Please give her my best, Barry. I know she appreciates you helping very much.

When my yard man comes, he rakes leaves and takes them away. In one day, it's back to the same thing. Leaves everywhere. It looks so nice once he does it though. I love to see the leaves come down because it's a sign that the air is cooling off.:) Nice weather her for several days now.

fritz03
10-21-2009, 07:05 PM
Marlene is coming tomorrow afternoon,looking forward to it,I know Taffy will be glad to see her so Fritz can get back in a regular routine.Marlene had Chinese food,Mom liked the smell of it.

cassiesmom
10-21-2009, 10:47 PM
This is good news! Thoughts and prayers for Barry and family.

Daisy and Delilah
10-21-2009, 11:20 PM
WOW!! Chinese food. Great!! I'm thrilled she is coming home today. Great news for everybody. Taffy will be ecstatic won't she? Fritz, sorry buddy, Taffy is going home for good. :)