PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: Adult cats in need of a good home (Northampton, PA )

Anikaca77
10-07-2009, 03:50 PM
This might belong in the dog house but we'll see, Karen feel free to move it if needs to be, I just found this off on Craigslist:

http://allentown.craigslist.org/pet/1410735434.html

PLEASE HELP!

I have3 cats that I’ve had for a very long time that my family can no longer keep due to my daughter’s developing allergies. If you have any desire for one of them, please contact Courtney at 484-794-2999 or [email protected]. Below is some information about each.

Peanut (a.k.a Pea-pea, Nutty, or Nutter) - grey/black striped

Was born 5/10/1998 (Mother’s Day) to a stray in my Aunt’s garage, making him 11 years old. At 5 weeks, he wandered away from his family and fell into a basement window well. He was there for about 3 days before my mother was able to climb in and get him out, but by then, his mother wanted nothing to do with him, so we brought him home. He fit snugly in the palm of my hand, hence the name Peanut. He proceeded to grow and grow! He’s now 11 years old and about 14 pounds. He’s a long cat with “jack-rabbit” legs. He can jump like there’s no tomorrow! He loves to give kisses! If you bend your forehead down to him, he will head butt you repeatedly (those are his kisses). He does not like his back half touched too much, we think it may be a residual thing from the fall when he was little. He loves to be pet, but one you get half way down his back, he meows like he doesn’t like it. He is neutered and front declawed. He is strictly an indoor cat, has never really been outside after his first few weeks. Oh, and he loves to drink running water… sink, bathtub, wherever, if it’s running, he loves it!

Jorge - orange striped

Jorge (pronounced George) is a female! I know, I know, Jorge is a boy’s name. Well, I confused her with her brother, so his name was Tinkerbell and she became Jorge. She was born in August 1999, making her 10 years old. My family fostered her mom and her 4 brothers and sisters from the time they were 2 weeks old for our local shelter. Jorge adopted me and so she stayed. She is a boisterous cat. She loves to talk and knows her name VERY well. If you say Jorge, she meows back. She lets you know when she’s hungry, upset, tired, everything! She’s what they call a wool-sucker (as was her mom). When she’s tired, she likes to “nest” on you (pushes her paws into any soft part of your body). Her mom liked to bite a blanket while doing this, but Jorge is a little different. She likes to lick skin. So she’ll nest on your leg and lick your arm at the same time. She’s fat, like Garfield fat! But she’s such a love! She is also strictly an indoor cat, but likes to try to sneak out onto the porch or into the backyard when she gets a chance. AND she actually plays fetch! I knot up a white shoelace and rub it on her head, and throw it, she fetches and brings it back! It’s hilarious!

Snickers (a.k.a Nicky or Nick-Nick) - calico

Snickers is approximately 9 years old. After having 4 litters of kittens by the time she was 4, my neighbors (her family) decided they didn’t want her anymore. They left her outside and stopped letting her in and did not leave her any food or water. With the 4th litter, 2 kittens were died and were never actually born, causing Nicky to become septic after she’d been kicked out. Thankfully, another neighbor took her to the vet and got them removed and had her spayed. Once left on her own, she adopted my family’s home as her own. She is mostly an outdoor cat. Does her “business” outside, but knows how to use a litter box when necessary. She’s an avid hunter and is expert in the rabbit division. Although she loves to be outside, she also likes to be an indoor cat sometimes. She loves to sit on your lap and cuddle. She gives hugs (puts her paws on either side of your neck while sitting on your lap or chest and burrows her head into your neck). She loves to sleep with people. She tends to be an “alpha” cat, but does get along with others. She would need a home that would allow her to go outside, but also give her love when she wants to come in. She would not do well as a strictly outdoor cat as she sits in our front window and whines until we let her in. But she would not do well as strictly an indoor cat either, as she has actually pushed a screen out of a window to get out when we tried to keep her in. She is spayed and NOT declawed at all.

Although I would love to keep them forever, especially with all of their great personalities, I can’t choose keeping cats over the health of my daughter. I need to relinquish them ASAP. If I do not find suitable homes for them by 10/16/09, I will have to place them in a shelter. None of them have ever had the shelter experience and I know it can be traumatizing to animals… And sadly, no shelters in the area have room, so I may have to figure out how to afford to have them euthanized.

jennielynn1970
10-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Nice, huh??? Kid gets a little bit of allergies and she ditches her 10-12 year old cats.

How about meds for the kid, ya know??

Freaking people.

I live about 15 minutes away, and if I could take them I would, just to get them away from her.

Anikaca77
10-09-2009, 01:34 PM
I know I have your same feelings. I wish I could take them too but I just don't have the room.

I hope they find a better home.

Melissa

Nice, huh??? Kid gets a little bit of allergies and she ditches her 10-12 year old cats.

How about meds for the kid, ya know??

Freaking people.

I live about 15 minutes away, and if I could take them I would, just to get them away from her.