PDA

View Full Version : I have MAJOR news! *more pics pg 2*

JuniorxMyxLove
10-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Sorry I haven't been around a lot, you guys! Things have been pretty crazy. Especially this!

The series of events surrounding this have been many and strange, but it is finally done.

Meet Captain Paco, the stray kitten we just brought home!

He maybe has fleas, hence the bathroom. He's got a visit first thing tomorrow morning with the vet XD

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/xxOHFxx/Captain%20Paco/SDC11794.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/xxOHFxx/Captain%20Paco/ghf.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/xxOHFxx/Captain%20Paco/hg.jpg

We're renaming him Felix, since Captain Paco is too much of a mouthful lol.

Felix is seriously the LOUDEST purrer I have EVER seen! It's soooooooo cute!

So yes, the Sweet Zoo officially contains one more member!!

moosmom
10-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Great job!!! Welcome to PT Felix. You're in great hands now!

Karen
10-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Congratulations, Felix, you've landed yourself a great home! Don't bite the vet tomorrow, okay?

Taz_Zoee
10-07-2009, 03:07 PM
OH my goodness!! He is adorable!!
:D :D

lvpets2002
10-07-2009, 03:17 PM
:love: Felix your just a wittle Cutie Sweetie Pie..

astrid
10-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Hi Felix!!! You are so very gorgeous!!!!
I hope everything goes OK at the v-e-t ;)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!:love:

GILL
10-07-2009, 04:14 PM
SOOOOOOOOO cute

Edwina's Secretary
10-07-2009, 06:34 PM
How appropriate this ADORABLE boy is standing in from of something reading..."I am completely loveable"!

JuniorxMyxLove
10-07-2009, 06:46 PM
How appropriate this ADORABLE boy is standing in from of something reading..."I am completely loveable"!

hahaha i noticed that too, after I posted the pic!

we told my dad about him 20 minutes ago...he took it well (dad was against any more animals...kinda ignored in the decision to bring Felix home lol)

kb2yjx
10-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Where was the CUTENESS ALERT!?!?!? He is so sweet!!!

cassiesmom
10-07-2009, 10:21 PM

That's what I thought of, too!

katladyd
10-08-2009, 12:03 AM
Another kitten to fall madly in love with!:love: I can handle that!

Medusa
10-08-2009, 06:46 AM
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat;
whenever he gets in a fix, he reaches into his bag of tricks;
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat;
you'll laugh so much your sides will ache, your heart will go pitter pat
watching Felix the wonderful cat!

Appropriate lyrics from a song on a cartoon show Felix the Cat that I watched as a little girl. :love:

Pinot's Mom
10-08-2009, 07:34 AM
Very cute kitty, Felix! How'd the visit go?:)

Randi
10-08-2009, 08:10 AM
Welcome to a loving home and to Pet Talk, Felix! You are such a cute boy.
We hope to see more of you. :love:

Good luck with the vet visit!

JuniorxMyxLove
10-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Well it's been about 6 hours since Felix's first ever vet appointment!

They poked, prodded, and stuck things in poor Felix, but he's okay now. They did blood work, checked him for feline leukemia (neg, thank god), gave him his first ever distemper shot, and gave him a pill to kill all the fleas on him.

Turns out he's madly infested - 30 min after getting the pill he started panicking and scratching, biting, and licking himself...the stuff in the pill agitated the fleas and they were scampering across his body :(

Like I said, it's been about 6 hours since he had the pill. Fleas are now starting to finally die (I picked one off his nose a minute ago). In 20 hours he'll finally be able to socialize with the rest of the pets! Pets who, under my vets suggestion, all got pre-treated for fleas.

Just thought I'd let y'all know that so far, Felix is healthy and on his way to being flea free!

Freedom
10-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Felix, such a handsome and lucky boy! Gonna feel lots better in a short time, now. Things are getting under control; so now you can start getting control of things! Isn't that what kittens do? :D

Mary, I was singing that song in my head as soon as I saw she renamed him Felix! LOL

JuniorxMyxLove
10-08-2009, 03:54 PM
teehee thanks freedom

seriously, this cat is TOO CUTE! And super photogenic...he'll fit right in!

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/xxOHFxx/Captain%20Paco/SDC11836.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/xxOHFxx/Captain%20Paco/SDC11829.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/xxOHFxx/Captain%20Paco/SDC11806.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/xxOHFxx/Captain%20Paco/SDC11809.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/xxOHFxx/Captain%20Paco/SDC11817.jpg

And the little bug that's caused us so much trouble:
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t75/xxOHFxx/Captain%20Paco/SDC11815.jpg

Queen of Poop
10-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Oh my Lord, he's too cute for words!!!

lizbud
10-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Felix has the sweetest face.:) I'm glad he got the flea treatment,
those nasty critters can the suck the life out of a kitten.

catmandu
10-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Mary , I was trying to think of the words to that song too!!
Did you know that the very first image on American TV was that of Felix the Cat in 1926, I believe as Felix was a huge Cartoon Star at the time.
:love:
Felix is one Awesome Kitten and we pray that you keep us updated on Your Cat of The Future!!
The Found Cats , Porch Cats and Saved Cats all send Head Bumps and Kitty Kissies!!!:D:D:D:cool::love::)

cassiesmom
10-08-2009, 08:04 PM
He is soooo adorable! juniorxmyxlove, does he get just that one pill as the entire flea treatment? Do you have to comb or bathe him to get rid of the nasty little critters? I hope they're ALL GONE very soon!

JuniorxMyxLove
10-08-2009, 09:57 PM
He is soooo adorable! juniorxmyxlove, does he get just that one pill as the entire flea treatment? Do you have to comb or bathe him to get rid of the nasty little critters? I hope they're ALL GONE very soon!

I'm not completely sure...I know my mom said the pill was supposed to kill all fleas on his body, and that they'd fall off? But we're gonna pick up a flea comb tomorrow to get them off just in case.

Catty1
10-08-2009, 10:25 PM
THUNK! as I hit the floor. :D Where is the major cuteness warning on Felix???:love::love::love:

MOFF was looking after a kitten who was too young for flea treatments or pills...the vet said to give her a bath using Dawn dish soap (bathe the kitten, not MOFF!;))

A quick phone call to the vet or the vet tech could likely point you in the right direction.

krazyaboutkatz
10-09-2009, 12:56 AM
Congrats!!!:D He sure is adorable and I'm glad that he's healthy.:) Hopefully all of the fleas and their eggs will die soon.

phesina
10-09-2009, 05:42 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... THUNK!! (passing out)........

Anikaca77
10-09-2009, 08:08 AM
Awww he is just too cute.

JuniorxMyxLove
10-12-2009, 04:31 PM
thanks guys (:

He's kinda evil though...he likes to play with my hands. Using his claws.

*sigh* only 4 months to go until he can be declawed, right?! :rolleyes:

Prairie Purrs
10-12-2009, 06:30 PM
Declawed? Oh, please don't do that!

heidiv
10-12-2009, 06:38 PM
I use to declaw all my cats but I totally don't believe in it anymore...My Paris came home with all of her feet broken open and bleeding:eek::eek: So Squeek our youngest I tried treat reward and believe it or not she doesn't touch our furniture just our cat posts that we have all over our house....Cats can be trained too!! He is wonderful...I look forward in getting to know him and see him on here.....

momcat
10-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Declawed? Oh, please don't do that!

I have to agree, please don't do that to sweet little Felix. After our vet explained the procedure I decided that will never happen to Groucho.

Hi there Felix and welcome to PT!:love:! You are just too cute for words and I hope we'll see a lot of you. You're a PT kitty now, that means you never have to worry or be scared of anything ever again. That's because PT kitties get only the very best of everything!

Wishing you many happy and healthy years full of love in your great furever home. Sending you tons of welcome scritchies and tummy rubs :love: :love:

Catty1
10-12-2009, 09:42 PM
Learn to trim claws - Felix is young enough to get used to it. Also, when he starts attacking with claws, make a hissing sound. That will stop it.

I know a few posts here sound strict on declawing. In England and other European countries, it is against the law. And there is a reason.

Just do a little Googling on it and research it for yourself.

Also - Google Soft Paws. They are a good fix - and many cool colors!:)

blue
10-12-2009, 11:30 PM
Its pics like these I wish Erp would tolerate other kittehs.

orangemm
10-13-2009, 06:51 AM
Squee.......................!!!!! Darling little boy!!!:love::love::love:

What a lovebug; glad he likes the camera!!

JuniorxMyxLove
10-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Squee.......................!!!!! Darling little boy!!!:love::love::love:

What a lovebug; glad he likes the camera!!

thanks (:

and guys, declawing really isn't up to me. remember, I'm only 15 (and barely that!) I know what all happens with it, as does my mom. but..."all nine of our cats have been declawed and they've all been fine."

Catty1
10-13-2009, 03:30 PM
Look up the link to Soft Paws and say, 'hey mom, lookit these!'

It's worth a try anyway...

Or do a search on the General forum here under "declawing" and show Mom all the threads....;)

JuniorxMyxLove
10-13-2009, 03:41 PM
Look up the link to Soft Paws and say, 'hey mom, lookit these!'

It's worth a try anyway...

Or do a search on the General forum here under "declawing" and show Mom all the threads....;)

I've already tried. like I said, my mom knows all about what goes into declawing. we've had discussions about it many times. *sigh*