PDA

View Full Version : Cooked chicken...

moosmom
10-05-2009, 07:45 PM
I bought a COOKED rotisserie chicken the other day. Ate some of it and shared some with the kits. I don't want it to go bad and was wondering if you can freeze it? I'll eventually use it for chicken salad.

My future son-in-law was no help, as he had no clue.

Karen
10-05-2009, 08:00 PM
You can freeze it, I would cut it up before you freeze it, so you can just thaw and use the amount you need. Keep it in an airtight container, and it should be fine.

momcat
10-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Since it's already cooked, what Karen said. Dropping a few pieces on the floor might not be a bad idea either.

kitten645
10-05-2009, 10:22 PM
"Dropping a few pieces on the floor might not be a bad idea either"

I was going to say, how long could a yummy chicken last in a house full of felines? LOL.
Donna, I'm not saying this to you because you are a far more experience meowmie than I. But if anyone is giving a pre-cooked anything to a kitty, read the label to check for harmful (to kitties) seasonings. ie Onions I believe?
Claudia

moosmom
10-06-2009, 04:02 AM
Momcat,

Already did.

I kind of figured it was okay as long as it was good. My future son-in-law needs a few cooking lessons. Oh Raaaaaaachel, where are you??

happylabs
10-06-2009, 07:55 AM
Yes, I agree with the others...you can freeze it. I love those rotisserie chickens. They are so yummy. Buddy loves them too and will beg for me to open the fridge if he knows one is in there.

Laura's Babies
10-06-2009, 08:12 AM
Living alone I always freeze cooked food. I cook stuff to eat and put in the freezer because I wouldn't eat it all before it goes bad, then I take out as I want it.

moosmom
10-06-2009, 10:12 AM
Laura's Babies,

I do the same thing. Stuff goes bad in the fridge way too quickly and I'm on a fixed income and can't afford it.