PDA

View Full Version : Seriously?

RICHARD
10-02-2009, 09:13 AM
WTF? Wisconsin Tourism Federation changes its name

The Wisconsin Tourism Federation has changed its name, after realising its initials had become crude internet slang.

It was unaware of the cyber age meaning of WTF until its initials featured on a blog that compiles unfortunate corporate logos earlier this year.

The body charged with attracting more visitors to the midwestern state will now be known as the Tourism Federation of Wisconsin (TFW), reports the Daily Telegraph.

Commenters wondered whether an expression of foul-mouthed astonishment was the best way of boosting tourism to a state that would not be an obvious choice for most holidaymakers.

The federation, a coalition of local trade bodies, has now amended its website to reflect the more anodyne name, which has been changed for the first time since it was founded in 1979.

But the makeover is only partial. Its website is still listed on Google as the Wisconsin Tourism Federation, and the first button beneath the logo is titled "About WTF".

The federation, which was not available for comment, is not the first organisation to change its logo to avoid public derision.

In Britain last year, the Office of Government Commerce withdrew its new £14,000 logo, after realising that it resembled a risqué image when turned on its side.

-----------------------------

The State of Wisconsin just announced that they have replaced all crank style phones with dial phones and horse drawn carriages will have to yield to automobiles... JUST KIDDING!

I wonder how may people had their hands on this and it wasn't noticed?

I love it!:D

Daisy and Delilah
10-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Standing on my head but not seeing it.:confused:

Richard, you have outdone yourself with the stories today. My sides are aching.:D

Thanks. I needed that. :)

happylabs
10-02-2009, 03:15 PM
That was a good one Richard. LOL! :D

DJFyrewolf36
10-02-2009, 08:32 PM
These guys decided to run with the recognition of an unfreindly grouping of letters...

http://www.flysiouxgateway.com/

I say they should have stayed WTF and added a ! for good measure :D