PDA

View Full Version : Begin Health Care Reform Here!

RICHARD
10-02-2009, 08:51 AM
Hospital food bingo

A hospital patient is writing his own bed blog with photos of the meals he is served, asking readers to guess what they are.

The man, 47, who wants to remain anonymous, has been stuck on a ward for 22 weeks after being struck down with a rare bone infection and is currently in traction.

After suffering months of NHS catering he launched a blog calling himself Traction Man to vent his frustration, reports The Sun.

It includes a Hospital Food Bingo board game where he has posted pictures of the food for his followers to identify.

He said: "There's almost a general theme of wallpaper paste made with milk - that's what most of the food seems to taste like.

"There is a little bit of variety, because you never know what you're going to get. Today was vegetable moussaka. I posted a picture, but so far it's stumped everyone.

"The entree tends to be uniform beige. Most of the vegetables need to go in a spin dryer before you get to eat them - they are that wet.

"As for the puddings, the jam roly poly takes the biscuit. It certainly tastes like it's been rolled right across the kitchen floor."

The patient added: "Apart from the food my treatment has been outstanding and the nursing and medical staff have been superb. It's just the private caterers that let the place down.

"I believe the meals are cooked and packed by prisoners in Wales and reheated on arrival. And I'm not kidding about that."

--------------------------------

The food in hospitals has killed or maimed thousands of people over time....;)

Four months of sucky food is enough to seriously impede any ideas of getting better.

And exactly what is a "Jam Roly Poly"?:(:eek::D

Daisy and Delilah
10-02-2009, 02:42 PM
LOL ~~~

I'm laughing so hard I can hardly type. Out loud is putting it mildly. The neighbors can hear me.

This guy really has this hospital food thing down to a science. Names for everything. I love the taking pictures part so he can see if anybody can identify what it is........so true!!!!!!

HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!

A Jam Roly Poly- ha ha ha ha ha ha -- you're killing me!!!!!

phesina
10-02-2009, 03:29 PM
Mystery Meat on parade!

Karen
10-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Gotta love British food ... beige seems to be the standard entree color. This is from a paper in the UK, where they have National Healthcare already.

Had to look up Jam Roly Poly:

Credit to Wikipedia:

Jam Roly-Poly or Dead Man's Leg is a traditional British dessert probably invented in the early 19th century.[1] It is a flat-rolled suet pudding, which is then spread with jam and rolled up. In days past, Jam Roly-Poly was also known as shirt-sleeve pudding, because it was often steamed and served in an old shirt-sleeve. Because of this, another nickname for the pudding was dead-man's arm. It was also known as dead man's leg. Jam Roly-Poly features in Mrs Beeton's cookery book, as Roly-Poly Jam Pudding

Sounds disgusting, frankly!

RICHARD
10-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Gotta love British food ... beige seems to be the standard entree color.

Sounds disgusting, frankly!

Suet and Dead Man's Arm should never be in the same sentence?:eek::D