PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Delta! *Pics*

MonicanHonda
10-01-2009, 11:58 PM
Hey guys. We went today and spent a lot of time with Delta (that's her name lol) and her breeder today. They are such nice people. She told me to always keep in contact because we're like family now. :) They're such sweet people. And Delta is a sweetheart! She already whines like a big baby when she has to go out. Lol I'm amazed, it's a big turn around from Remy Hahaha. Remy is a little unsure still. She's tried to play, but she just knows how to play with the big dogs, so she sometimes pushes Delta over. I just have to keep an eye on those two. Lol She does well in a car, which is a good thing. She did very well on her BAER test. And the mother is a pure sweetheart!!! That whole litter is. I would have taken them all lol. Well, now for the part you want. :) Pictures:

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q96/AMedicsGF/Delta5.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q96/AMedicsGF/Delta4.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q96/AMedicsGF/Delta3.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q96/AMedicsGF/Delta2.jpg
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q96/AMedicsGF/Delta1.jpg

Well that is all for now. it's been a long day and is sure to be a long night. :)

HoochsMommiee
10-02-2009, 12:34 AM
aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww what a doll face she is

I love her name

chocolatepuppy
10-02-2009, 04:55 AM
Oh my gosh! Delta is adorable!!! Congrats! :D Welcome to Pet Talk Delta!!!:love:

Daisy and Delilah
10-02-2009, 07:16 AM
I can't resist a beautiful Spotty and Delta sure fits all the requirements. She is precious. I want to jump into the screen and cover her with kisses. Congratulations and welcome to Pet Talk, sweet little Spotty girl!!!:)

MonicanHonda
10-02-2009, 08:11 AM
So last night was rough for an hour. She whined and howled and cried and whined. She didn't show signs of stopping... so... against my better judgement... we let her in bed with us... Is this alright? I really want to wean her from always being with people.

She is also very vocal. If something isn't her way, she'll grunt/whine. If she isn't right by us, she'll whine. (If she's behind a gate and we're on the other side) Is this normal? Lol I don't remember if Remy whined. I know she only whined for a half hour and then fell asleep in her cage...

Seravieve
10-02-2009, 08:38 AM
Oh my she is adorable!! I love the blue eye... reminds me of my Pepper.

Congrats!!

(Looking forward to more pics of Miss Delta!)

Husky_mom
10-02-2009, 08:45 AM
YAY!!.. you got baby bi-eyed.. Delta is a lovely name and she´s so cute!!

ah the joys of nighttime whining.. haha.. been in all cases... no whine at all and a full night whine... but me being me I just let it go and go to sleep... but if my parents were home or hubby nowadays... I let it go for a while and if I see no stopping I most likely go to sleep with the dog so the people don´t get annoyed :rolleyes:...

maybe it´ll be hard for a couple days but she needs to figure out that even if you can´t the touching each other all the time you are still there.. so i´d just ignore and praise whenever she´s behaving...

once Remy and her get more used to each other she´ll have a blast with her new buddy...

congrats.. she is a real beauty!!

Taz_Zoee
10-02-2009, 10:02 AM
Oh my gosh, she is adorable!!! I love the eyes, of course I am partial to bi-eyed doggies. ;)

If you do not want her sleeping with you then don't let her. You need to set the rules from the beginning. She'll whine and cry at first because it is a new place for her and she is without her mom and siblings. I have heard people suggest to put a blanket or stuffed animal in the crate (or sleeping area) with a clock that ticks to simulate the heartbeat of another dog.
When we got Zoee we had a pen for her set up by the bed. For the first few nights Bruce slept with his hand in the pen so she could still feel the closeness of us but not be with us on the bed. Although now she sleeps with us all the time. LOL

boomersooner
10-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Delta is a beautiful little spotty pup!! I agree with the others...she'll whine for a couple or three days, but she'll learn...just don't give in if you don't want her sleeping with you!! I never could sleep with Cassie!! She was too big!! LOL

*LabLoverKEB*
10-02-2009, 08:35 PM
OMG! Okay so first I LOVE her name! And second, SHE'S ABSOLUTLY ADORABLE!!!
Congratulations on your precious new addition!:love:

boomersooner
10-02-2009, 09:28 PM
I remember with Cassie...we had the mother's owner rub a towel all over the mama dog, and then Cassie slept with the towel....it worked pretty well....We did the same thing with Boomer, and it didn't work. He whined a lot the first night and then for a couple of hours the second night, and the third was better. It might help to cover one end...so she can't see out, too....There have been times we've had to put Boomer in his crate for one reason or the other, and we put a towel over the end with the door, and he calms down.

MonicanHonda
10-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Lol, mini update. So Zac and I have been feeding in cage and treating in cage. She is alright with that. But today, once Zac left for an hour and checked on her once between that time and she was still barking and whining when he checked on her and when he came back. We saw my friend's horse show and went to eat for two hours this evening and she was barking and whining when we left and when we came back. I seriously don't think she stopped.

So... I think I found the solution. Blanket over crate. Baby only cried for one minute and went right to bed!!!

Can anyone tell me WHY this works??? Is it the symbolism of a den????

K9karen
10-02-2009, 11:13 PM
Congrats! Delta (great name) is beautiful!

I, of course, am the worst dog spoiler/trainer in the universe, but I remember when I got RB Cody as a puppy and he whined and cried at night for HOURS! I had a piece of whelping cloth in his crate, a ticking clock outside his cage, to no avail. It took everything I could muster not to put him in bed with me, or pick him up. I'd sit in the kitchen and weep. Anyway, he was fine about 3 days later and slept like a log. Phew!

Someone once told me that the first time you do something you shouldn't do with them is cute, the 2nd time is a bad habit.
But of course, once Cody was housebroken (within a month) he slept anywhere he wanted, usually next to my bed (just like Mz Logan)

luvofallhorses
10-02-2009, 11:53 PM
What a doll! :love: Congratulations! :D

MonicanHonda
10-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Lol, alrighty then. I only did it once. Hahaha. I dot up a little under every two hours to take her out. She'd cry for a minute then fall asleep. At 8 she wanted to be up so I fed her and we took a small nap together. She's playing with Remy right now and is not nearly as whiny as yesterday. lol

lute
10-03-2009, 12:14 PM
awww!!!! Delta is s cute! I love her one blue eye. Can't wait to see lots more pictures of her!:D

Cincy'sMom
10-03-2009, 01:49 PM
OMG!! She is too cute!! I am not sure I can wait until next May to see her...how soon can we plan a DogPark day?!?

So I shouldn't ask the question, but anymore inthe litter unspoken for?

Whisk_Luva
10-03-2009, 03:42 PM
Awwwwwwwwwww :love::D This thread so needs a cuteness warning!

anna_66
10-04-2009, 08:55 PM
How absolutely adorable:love::love::love:

MonicanHonda
10-04-2009, 09:24 PM
Oh yes! Five out of seven are spoken for. The other black girl is adorrrrrrrable too :)

stace1319
10-05-2009, 08:23 AM
aww! she's adorable! I'm glad you finally got to bring her home. Don't worry too much about the whinning, it will stop eventually , This is Renos second week here and he still whines for a little bit before bed.

MonicanHonda
10-05-2009, 05:07 PM
Remy slept all the way through the night last night!!! :)

She doesn't really whine anymore either. Except when she objects and she tells us so. Lol!!! Thanks for the advice guys. :)