PDA

View Full Version : Ring tones?

catnapper
10-01-2009, 06:26 PM
Hubby and I got new cell phones yesterday. They're great, except the ring tones are awful.

Anyone know where to go to get nice FREE ring tones? A safe site? I know of Myxertones.com - found a couple I liked as a joke that would get old after the 3rd call. Some of the ring tones were really bad. I mean, REALLY bad, and annoying.

I would prefer free, just a principle. Why pay for something when you can get it free somewhere, ya know? :) Especially since I don;t especially LOVE anything enough to seek it out. Perhaps if I really wanted a special song, but I don't. In fact, I have no idea what I want.

Genny
10-01-2009, 07:08 PM
I don't know...I've wondered that same thing before...on my cell you can go to different things and buy ring tones, but you have to pay for it...at different places it's around $4 and on another ring tone thingy it's like $8...so yea I guess that's not what you're talkin about tho...I'm sure someone will know, goodluck ;)

Sirrahsim
10-01-2009, 07:21 PM
If your cell phone has bluetooth or a usb cable you can easily make your own ringtones from any song on your computer. I am currently using Jason Mraz' Lucky. It starts out "Can you hear me, talking to you?"

Laura's Babies
10-01-2009, 07:24 PM
If it is a phone you can hook up to your computer go to http://www.makeownringtone.com/ and whatever song you like you can cut down into a ringtone. I can't wait until I get one I can do that on.. I have some I already made there but no way to get them on the phone I have...

Any song you have on your computer you can cut down into a ring tone

Ohhhh! Sirrahism.. I think the one I am fixing to get has bluetooth.. Thanks for the heads up on that.. I may be back to ask you how to do it in November!

Genny
10-01-2009, 07:27 PM
What kind of cell did you get by the way?????

catnapper
10-01-2009, 07:34 PM
The problem with making my own ring tone is the fact that I have NO IDEA what I want. None. Do I want a cat meowing? Purring? A song?

Genny, I got the Samsung Intensity.

Suki Wingy
10-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Well, I currently have the theme to one of my favorite tv shows, and I've had it for a while now. I used to have clips of Rik Mayall and Ade Edmondson yelling at each other. I used Myxer for all of them.

Killearn Kitties
10-02-2009, 03:34 AM
I don't have any helpful sites to tell you about, but only yesterday I downloaded a new ringtone! I got an email from Cats Protection. Apparently on their phone system they have purring and meowing when they put you on hold, and they were offering the file as a download - for a cost of course, it was a fundraiser.

I couldn't resist! I had to have it.

Laura's Babies
10-02-2009, 07:57 AM
Killearn Kitties- That sounds awesome, is it to late to get it?

Husky_mom
10-02-2009, 08:53 AM
nice link Laura.. I too was wondering how to get ringtones edited..I usually record mine... I had my kids voice saying something but many times I thought he was the real kid talking so when i realized it was tghe phone haha too late for picking up..

now i have this "take me out of your pocket, Iīm your cell, heeeelp, take me out!".. haha...this was intended for my mom as she never gets the phone but I kept it for myself.. now i want a song but I like most the middle part so this link was great..

as for free ringtones i have no clue and being in mexico doesnīt helps much as the ones I know of are for mexico and they do charge, hence I donīt use them lol..

I want the "I like to move it" the one featured in madagascar...

Killearn Kitties
10-02-2009, 09:36 AM
Killearn Kitties- That sounds awesome, is it to late to get it?
It is on their website Laura, but I don't know if the instructions would work from outside the UK, because you have to send a text to a particular number which might not work without the correct codes from abroad. I have left an enquiry on their website anyway, and I will let you know what they say!

You can hear a sample of it here. meow (http://www.cats.org.uk/supportus/otherways_ringtone.asp)

smokey the elder
10-02-2009, 01:45 PM
I always thought "Someone's knocking at the door" by Paul McCartney and Wings would make a good ring tone...the second line is "somebody's ringing the bell."

sirrahbed
10-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Mine is the "MeowMix" one and it was free:) meow meow meow meow!

catnapper
10-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Mine is the "MeowMix" one and it was free:) meow meow meow meow!

Thats the one I've ha dfor two years now. I wanted something different. Sigh