PDA

View Full Version : stray cat

Cookiebaker
10-05-2002, 05:40 PM
For about a month, we have had a stray cat wandering around our place. She(?) is all white with gray/black spots...really a beauty. She is VERY skittish and wild. Anyway, about 3 weeks ago, I started putting food out for her. Since the dog doesn't use the doghouse, I put it in there, and several times I have caught her in there eating/resting, but as soon as she see me, she's off like a rocket. Today, I noticed that her food plate was empty, so took a cupful out there. Not only did she STAY PUT!, but she let me dump the food into the plate. Ever so slowly & carefully, I put my hand up to let her sniff my hand and gently, so gently, stroked the top of her head!! I was sooo excited to make this kind of progress. We have nicked named her "Allie" (as in Alley Cat). :D

Cataholic
10-05-2002, 06:03 PM
That is some progress!! I hope she will stay with you, and live in the doghouse over the winter..it gets kinda chilly in NH, doesn't it?:D

Cookiebaker
10-05-2002, 08:20 PM
Yea it gets a mite chilly in these parts. I don't even mind it when it's 0, but on those mornings when it's -20 and the car doesn't want to start...that's a bit much. But I bet to some of those more north than us, I bet that's just normal! Brrr. :D

Kittensaremylife
10-05-2002, 08:43 PM
if u dont want her ill take her:D lol plz plz plz plz plz pretty pretty plz with sugar on top and everything else :p just kidding but if u dont want her ill take her

krazyaboutkatz
10-05-2002, 09:01 PM
I'm glad that she's starting to warm up to you. :) I hope that you can adopt her and give her a forever home or at least find her a nice loving home. Good luck. :) Please keep us posted.

jenluckenbach
10-06-2002, 06:54 AM
Another kitty is getting a home !!!

(you are suppose to "sing" that, but I don't know how to post a musical note :D )

Randi
10-06-2002, 10:25 AM
I can certainly understand you're exited! What a progress! :) Patience is all it takes! ;) We've done it with a few cats in our backyard, one is still living there. :D

weeze
10-06-2002, 08:30 PM
that is so great. she is one lucky cat!

Nomilynn
10-06-2002, 08:51 PM
Way to go! I think you both are very lucky to have found each other! :D

delidog
10-06-2002, 09:00 PM
i am so glad that you and her have started to come to an agreement....i know how cold it is there...she needs a forever home before WINTER!!!!
GOOD LUCK with her....hope she comes in soon!!

NoahsMommy
10-06-2002, 10:37 PM
That is great! She's lucky to have you. :)