PDA

View Full Version : Pie ala Thursday #336?

RICHARD
09-30-2009, 05:01 PM
Since we are all on pie patrol, I thought a nice Pie inspired Thrusday would be nice!

I have coffee, drinks, milk and cider......Dig in everyone!

Home made pumpkin and apple to start?

DONE!

Grace
09-30-2009, 05:56 PM
Strawberry Rhubarb for me - for starters :)

aTailOf2Kitties
09-30-2009, 06:12 PM
OMG I :love: pumpkin pie! Pass the whipped cream! (((drooling)))
and don't try to sneak in any sweet potato pie. I can tell the difference. Yuck.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-30-2009, 06:46 PM
Apple for me to start, then a slice of lemon!!! Then some bigger jeans!!! ;):D

RICHARD
09-30-2009, 06:57 PM
Apple for me to start, then a slice of lemon!!! Then some bigger jeans!!! ;):D

lolol,

Are you planning on putting some in your pants pockets?;)

Apple, then a slice of lemon..DONE!

TO2K,

Pumpkin only!

DONE!

Grace,

Strawberry rhubarb?

DONE!!!!:D

Karen
09-30-2009, 07:49 PM
I'll channel Thanksgivings from childhood, when deciding was never a strong point, and I had no food allergies.

So can I have a little sliver of mince pie, and a little sliver of pumpkin pie, and a small piece of apple pie, please? With a slice of good, sharp cheddar on the side of the apple pie. And then later I'll have a piece of pecan pie, when I have recovered from the first batch!

RICHARD
09-30-2009, 07:51 PM
I'll channel Thanksgivings from childhood, when deciding was never a strong point, and I had no food allergies.

So can I have a little sliver of mince pie, and a little sliver of pumpkin pie, and a small piece of apple pie, please? With a slice of good, sharp cheddar on the side of the apple pie. And then later I'll have a piece of pecan pie, when I have recovered from the first batch!

Ah, IT's Pie ala Thursday, not Death by Pie!:eek:;)

All of the above!

DONE!!!:D

Karen
09-30-2009, 08:27 PM
When we (Lady's Human and I) were kids, there were always at least those four pies - pumpkin, apple, mince and pecan - made for Thanksgiving, and sometimes a rhubarb one as well, made from rhubarb that was harvested and frozen earlier in the summer. And sometimes Uncle Mac would bring a blueberry pie, too - made from that summer's harvest ...

And that was just part of what was present for dessert! Ma was happiest serving a whole houseful of people, and no one ever went away hungry. Even with all those pies, there was rarely any left over for the next day.

That's why I requested mere slivers of those pies! Thereby preventing death by pie! :)

cassiesmom
09-30-2009, 09:05 PM
Could I have Key lime pie, please? And a coffee, too, please. I love Key lime pie!

Laura's Babies
09-30-2009, 09:45 PM
Is there any of Grandma's chocolate pie left? Give me the biggest piece ya got!... Black coffee with it please.

Grace
09-30-2009, 10:04 PM
Could I have Key lime pie, please? And a coffee, too, please. I love Key lime pie!

Save me some of that Key Lime for tomorrow. No coffee to drink, but some coffee ice cream on that pie would be good :D

RICHARD
09-30-2009, 10:11 PM
And that was just part of what was present for dessert! Ma was happiest serving a whole houseful of people, and no one ever went away hungry. Even with all those pies, there was rarely any left over for the next day.

That's why I requested mere slivers of those pies! Thereby preventing death by pie! :)

Oh,

You are talking about Mom-itude.:D

LOL,

As we all grew up and coulodn't make it home for the holiday?

Her recipes stayed the same (volume wise) and I would tease her about that, Ma, are you cooking Food For Thousands?:D

CM,

KEy lime pie.......ohhhhh... and a coffee!

DONE!

LB,
Grandma's choco pie?:D

the big piece and coffee!

DONE!

Cinder & Smoke
10-01-2009, 08:44 AM
Mmmmmmmm ...
:)

I can do Pie fur Breakfast! :D

How's about Apple with a side of Pumpkin?
And a Cider chaser.

And fee free to dump any leftover pie dust & crumbs right on top. ;)
*Thanks*!

GILL
10-01-2009, 08:50 AM
I have too agree with Karen, We always have at lest 4 pies. The regular were the pumpkin, apple, mince meat and blueberry. Then there were the rhubarb, peach, and Boston cream (not really a pie). Just finish Thanksgiving and start for Christmas, my birth day 3 weeks after Christmas so I would always have a Boston cream the middle of January.
All these pies go great with hot apple cider right out of the press, stirred with a cinnamon stick, store bought is just not the same.
It's a basic north east thing.

smokey the elder
10-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Mmmm...some blueberry pie with vanilla ice cream is just what I need after a 2+ hour meeting!

pomtzu
10-01-2009, 12:10 PM
How did I miss this thread?? - I love pie....

So many good ones already mentioned - I think I'll take a sliver of these for starters:

apple, mincemeat, pumpkin, blueberry.............

and after these have a chance to settle - I'll take a big piece of cherry - my favorite.

A nice hot cappuccino to top it off would hit the spot. It's chilly here. The summer of '09 is now just a memory. :D

davidpizzica
10-01-2009, 12:22 PM
RICHARD, could I have a BIG piece of of that pumpkin pie? That's something they haven't served here at Concordia (yet!) Also a cup of coffee with Bailey's will go nice with it! Don't spare the whipped cream, I love it!

RICHARD
10-01-2009, 01:36 PM
RICHARD, could I have a BIG piece of of that pumpkin pie? That's something they haven't served here at Concordia (yet!) Also a cup of coffee with Bailey's will go nice with it! Don't spare the whipped cream, I love it!

Good to see you are doing well.......

Pumpkin pie, coffee and a mountain of WC!!
DONE!

POM,
apple, mincemeat, pumpkin, blueberry.............and a cherry, with a cappucino chaser!

DONE!

STE,
Blueberry and Vanilla ice cream-that should make you forget!

DONE!

Gill,

A slice of everything for you, with a cider w/cinnamon..

DONE!

C&S,

Pumpkin and Cider running after?

DONE!

KYS
10-01-2009, 06:41 PM
MMMMM Yummy,
I'll take a small slice of each and a glass of milk.

I'll bring the ice-cream for the Apple Pie. :D

RICHARD
10-01-2009, 08:12 PM
MMMMM Yummy,
I'll take a small slice of each and a glass of milk.

I'll bring the ice-cream for the Apple Pie. :D

Thanks. A small slice of each?

Done!

Lady'sOtherHuman
10-01-2009, 10:19 PM
Oh Richard, you found my weakness, when I was a kid and we went to my grandmother's house for Thanksgiving dinner there was at least 8 kinds of pie. Apple, squash, pumpkin, cherry, chocolate, pecan, custard (she had to make two because my father and my uncle could eat one by themselves), lemon meringue.

I'll have a sliver of each. As LH would say human size slivers not Ma size slivers.:D

RICHARD
10-02-2009, 12:03 AM
I'll have a sliver of each. As LH would say human size slivers not Ma size slivers.:D

Human sized silvers of each...

DONE!

lvpets2002
10-02-2009, 09:52 AM
:) Finally someone else that likes the same pie that I do.. Yes please gives me a bigg slice of that too.. Surprise me with a drink too..
Strawberry Rhubarb for me - for starters :)

RICHARD
10-02-2009, 10:46 AM
:) Finally someone else that likes the same pie that I do.. Yes please gives me a bigg slice of that too.. Surprise me with a drink too..

A strawberry rhubarb slice?

DONE!!!

davidpizzica
10-02-2009, 12:26 PM
I've never tried rhubarb pie before, it does smell good. I'll have a piece with coffee with Bailey's.

RICHARD
10-02-2009, 03:56 PM
I've never tried rhubarb pie before, it does smell good. I'll have a piece with coffee with Bailey's.

David,

You have to get yourself a piece...and coffee with Bailey's ..

DONE!:D

momoffuzzyfaces
10-02-2009, 07:10 PM
I have no taste for rhubarb pie ever since my stepmom made one and forgot to put the sugar in! :eek: Talk about gross!

Just another slice of apple for me, please? :D At least it's one way of getting more fruit in my diet, or so I tell my doctor!

RICHARD
10-03-2009, 06:31 PM
I have no taste for rhubarb pie ever since my stepmom made one and forgot to put the sugar in! :eek: Talk about gross!

Just another slice of apple for me, please? :D At least it's one way of getting more fruit in my diet, or so I tell my doctor!

One Apple?
DONE!

p.s.
And you keep him away!!:eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
10-03-2009, 06:45 PM
One Apple?
DONE!

p.s.
And you keep him away!!:eek:

Well, that won't work. I have an appointment with him Friday morning! :( :D

RICHARD
10-04-2009, 01:01 AM
Well, that won't work. I have an appointment with him Friday morning! :( :D

Oh, no.

Take him a piece.

Better yet?

When you see him on Friday you are going to think about sitting at the bar and eating pie with everyone.

I dare you not to laugh.;)

lbaker
10-04-2009, 11:57 AM
Oh my, oh my my Tart Lemon Meringue and Sweet Potato PIE!! I guess it's a "Southrun" thang but give me some Sweet Potato pie and some ribs with Mumbly Sauce ;)

Pinot's Mom
10-04-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm back from the trip to the southern mountains, and I heard someone mention pecan pie - I'll take a slice a la mode, please, and coffee with Bailey's - thanks!!:)

davidpizzica
10-04-2009, 12:12 PM
RICHARD, I would like a BIG piece of pumpkin pie covered with whipped cream! BTW, I haven't seen Orc lately, I wonder what he's been up to?

Karen
10-04-2009, 12:14 PM
It being fall, I set the Orc to chopping, splitting and stacking some wood for the fireplace as things cool down!

I'll take some cider, bartender!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Oh, no.

Take him a piece.

Better yet?

When you see him on Friday you are going to think about sitting at the bar and eating pie with everyone.

I dare you not to laugh.;)

I'll need a good laugh! He wants to do more blood work. How much sense does this make? I'm anemic so he draws 3 bottles of blood every month when I go in. I can't make blood that fast! I'm getting old!!! :D

More pie, stat! (please?) :D

RICHARD
10-04-2009, 01:49 PM
I'll need a good laugh! He wants to do more blood work. How much sense does this make? I'm anemic so he draws 3 bottles of blood every month when I go in. I can't make blood that fast! I'm getting old!!! :D

More pie, stat! (please?) :D

You bet....are you gonna laugh?

DONE!

Karen,

Cider.....DONE!

It's really cool today so I may make some tea, too!

David,

A large piece of pumpkin loaded with WC!

DONE!

PM,
Just in time, Pecan with ice cream, coffee and Bailey's!
DONE

LB,

Ribs and Mumbly Sauce with a slice of
Sweet Tater Pie !

DONE!

Catty1
10-04-2009, 02:30 PM
My dad loved rhubarb pie - and he loved the kind I made.

Secret - just the tiniest hint of orange rind - boosts the flavour like you wouldn't believe!

These days, I would cut the sugar in half too - would still taste just fine. Apparently that can be done with most recipes from about 1970 and earlier. :)

But - I'll settle for a slice of pumpkin, barkeep! If there's none left...apple!:)

RICHARD
10-04-2009, 08:16 PM
But - I'll settle for a slice of pumpkin, barkeep! If there's none left...apple!:)

I really hate when you all do that......

It's VIRTUAL, we never run out!:D

A slice of both!

Done!:D

Lady's Human
10-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Can I get 15 projectile rated banana cream pies?

To Go?

RICHARD
10-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Can I get 15 projectile rated banana cream pies?

To Go?

Muzzle velocity?;) And are these anti-personnel?:D

Done!

Lady's Human
10-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Nah, anti- management. :D

RICHARD
10-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Nah, anti- management. :D

On the way........

(DONE!):D

Lady'sOtherHuman
10-05-2009, 11:52 AM
At least I know those pies aren't aimed at me.:D

Richard can I get some apple pie and nilla ice cream please?

RICHARD
10-05-2009, 03:27 PM
At least I know those pies aren't aimed at me.:D

Richard can I get some apple pie and nilla ice cream please?

Yes, you surely can...

That is way funny, I just had a vanilla IC cup after lunch.

Let me grab another....

Pie and ice cream!

DONE!

momoffuzzyfaces
10-06-2009, 04:04 PM
I'm here for another round of pie!!! :D

Had the furnace checked and serviced for the winter today. Turned out it needed a new motor. The bearings were shot. I'm so glad we found out before it was 20 below outside and the service people were not available!!! :D

A slice of lemon pie this time, please!!! :D

RICHARD
10-06-2009, 04:51 PM
I'm here for another round of pie!!! :D

Had the furnace checked and serviced for the winter today. Turned out it needed a new motor. The bearings were shot. I'm so glad we found out before it was 20 below outside and the service people were not available!!! :D

A slice of lemon pie this time, please!!! :D

A slice of lemon and a low bill for the furnace.

DONE!

slick
10-06-2009, 07:56 PM
When you create a poll, isn't one of the options "I like pie" ????:confused::D

No pie for me. I'll take a double shot of anything.

Richard, I scored points with my boss from h*** today. Worked for weeks on this detailed WBS (work breakdown structure) for a project I'm leading on and believe it or not she liked it. That should get me at least 1% raise next year....:rolleyes:

RICHARD
10-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Just poured myself a Canadian Whiskey......

Coke?

LOL,

My Universal crossword puzzle this week had a clue that was, "segment of pie....."

slick
10-07-2009, 01:33 PM
To pi or not to pi, that is the question???? What is pi?? Do I care what pi is? Oh Richard, you can tell that it's a good day today. I'm on my own and it's wonderful and quiet.

I think a round is in order in celebration of MOFF. Dear Winnie is back home and Momma and Angel are safe from mean streets.

Here's to you MOFF!!! A cherry vanilla coke and onion rings!!!! :love::love:

Does anyone want to help me in the Lost and Found??? We need to dig out the Howelleen decorations....or am I early????