PDA

View Full Version : a little kid still somewhere inside?

allmycats
09-29-2009, 07:21 PM
there must be something that everyone still likes/likes to do, that you did as a kid and no one thought about it then but you would be embarrassed to do now? come on, there has to be something?

I like merry-go-rounds. I used to take my neices and nephews on them when they were little, now they are grown, and I am too embarrassed to go on one by myself, I sure do miss it! I always said oh well the kids wanted to go so I went on with them...hehe I guess I will have to wait for the next generation to go on one with them, thing is I may be too crippled by then LOL, even now I am not sure I could pull myself up on one of those things anymore.

Genny
09-29-2009, 07:28 PM
Well I'm only 21...I don't know if you meant this for older people or what LOL :D but with Halloween comin up I enjoy picking out my niece's costume and getting her prepared for it. I actually miss dressing up and going from door-to-door getting candy ;) I'd still do it if I didn't feel too old!!

allmycats
09-29-2009, 07:41 PM
Well I'm only 21...I don't know if you meant this for older people or what LOL :D but with Halloween comin up I enjoy picking out my niece's costume and getting her prepared for it. I actually miss dressing up and going from door-to-door getting candy ;) I'd still do it if I didn't feel too old!!

LOL well kiddo I am 27 years older than you.

anyway I meant anyone that is an adult, wanting to do the things they did as a child. you are still young, go ahead and dress up, go get candy, even tho you are an adult you are still a "kid", 21 is not too old. have fun going door to door:) bring me some candy LOL

when you are older you may wish you had gone with your neice. I remember something I read that Cher said once..."you won't regret the things you did, but you will regret the things you never did."

Genny
09-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Hahaha LOL!!! Maybe I might do that :D

allmycats
09-29-2009, 07:48 PM
ok remember I want some candy too:)

aTailOf2Kitties
09-29-2009, 08:17 PM
I really like watching cartoons sometimes.:o

by merry-go-rounds you mean like a carousel, or the things on the playground you spin yourself? I like carousels, they're probably the only ride that doesn't make me puke, LOL There is a certain artistic beauty to the carved animals too.:)

Medusa
09-29-2009, 08:36 PM
I still like to play jacks. I'm definitely not as good as I was then, certainly not as quick, not the same hand/eye coordination but it's still fun.

allmycats
09-29-2009, 08:41 PM
I really like watching cartoons sometimes.:o

by merry-go-rounds you mean like a carousel, or the things on the playground you spin yourself? I like carousels, they're probably the only ride that doesn't make me puke, LOL There is a certain artistic beauty to the carved animals too.:)

:D:D:D lol you made me laugh:D I meant the carousel, the horses:D but I know what you mean, I did actually like the playground merry go round as a kid, BUT I would kill myself on one of those now, I wouldn't even try it!:eek::eek:

Genny
09-29-2009, 09:53 PM
:D:D:D lol you made me laugh:D I meant the carousel, the horses:D but I know what you mean, I did actually like the playground merry go round as a kid, BUT I would kill myself on one of those now, I wouldn't even try it!:eek::eek:

LOL, there's one at the Falls and I got on it the other day and let my brother spin me around on it...he got me to going sooo fast lol, but it was lots of fun :)

blue
09-29-2009, 11:19 PM
Life is no fun if you have to be an adult 24/7/365.

allmycats
09-29-2009, 11:27 PM
Life is no fun if you have to be an adult 24/7/365.

so what do you do ?

DJFyrewolf36
09-30-2009, 02:50 AM
I like watching kids cartoons on Saturday mornings at work. For some reason the Emperors New School and The Replacements always make me laugh :D

Trust me, I am thankful I have a job that allows me to do this lol.

pomtzu
09-30-2009, 06:56 AM
I still like stuffed animals, and will buy one if it really tickles my fancy. I especially like the fluffy dogs and cats. The window seat in my bedroom is piled high with an assortment of different ones, and there are some smaller ones in a basket on the nightstand.

And I still love to ride the ferris wheel - the bigger the better! :D

catnapper
09-30-2009, 07:23 AM
I LOVE to swing on the park swings. We got a swing set this summer and I was bummed because the plastic seats are molded to fit kids' butts, not mature adult butts ;) :p

And I kid you not -- I want to do cartwheels in the worst way. I just will not do it for fear someone sees a slightly overweight woman falling in a not-so- graceful manner :eek:

I was at the store last week and bought Circus Peanuts for Cameron because he's obsessed with the color orange. I ended up eating every last one BEFORE they even got home. Hubby was laughing at me in the car -- I kept making yum-yum noises and repeating "tastes like childhood"

pomtzu
09-30-2009, 07:32 AM
so what do you do ?

He probably plays cops and robbers and is armed with all his guns.....:p :D

Pembroke_Corgi
09-30-2009, 11:36 AM
I still like stuffed animals, and will buy one if it really tickles my fancy. I especially like the fluffy dogs and cats. The window seat in my bedroom is piled high with an assortment of different ones, and there are some smaller ones in a basket on the nightstand.

And I still love to ride the ferris wheel - the bigger the better! :D

I still like stuffed animals, too! Before Lyra was born, I wouldn't buy too many because I don't do anything with them...they just sit there, which is kind of a waste. But now I can get whatever I like and give them to Lyra. :D (She has quite a collection already). There is a really cool store nearby that is shaped like Noah's Ark (it's HUGE) and is just filled with stuffed animals of all kinds. It's really fun- we are going to take Lyra there every year and get her a toy.

I like lots of kid-ish things, (and so does my husband) but I'm not really embarrassed by it (probably why I enjoy teaching). Before we had kids, we would often take my nephew all kinds of places and all have fun (we still do), and now it's fun to go with Lyra, too.

Karen
09-30-2009, 12:07 PM
My "inner child" is not very deeply hidden, or well-disguised, frankly. I have a bunch of children's books that I keep, stuffed animals that I name and treasure, boxes of crayons enough to share, I take delight when I see animals out and about, even cool bugs or a snail in our yard, I have a well-maintained sense of wonder ...

I'll never forget, when I was in college I lived with a mom and daughter and took care of the little girl - kind of like a nanny. The little girl and I were going somewhere one day with another girl that we took care of a couple days a week, and some stranger was talking to us on the train. The stranger referred to me as a "grown-up" and the little girls burst into giggles, with "my" girl then explaining to the stranger "She's not a grown-up, she's just a really BIG kid!"

Kinda fits, even still!

Catherinedana
09-30-2009, 12:51 PM
My "inner child" is not very deeply hidden, or well-disguised, frankly.

Me either. I love children's books and there are some that I still enjoy immensely. I am delighted that they made a movie out of "Where the Wild Things Are" since that was one of my favorites as a child (and I suppose still is!) I'm looking forward to seeing what they did with it.

I have been know to fall into helpless giggles when feeding squirrels that climb on you (they used to do that in Homosassa State Park) and I absolutely ADORE little pygmy goats and have no qualms about getting on the ground with them for snuggles (however, getting up is a whole other story now that I'm forty-five-ish and, well, "plump").

I recently discovered the mini-rubber ducks that have become so popular so I use them in the bird toys that I make - otherwise they would simply be all over my house. I also give them away and bring out the inner child in other folks (they come in "biker", "hippie", "angel", etc. They are sooo cool!)

Cathy

CountryWolf07
09-30-2009, 04:17 PM
I'm 25 years old, and I still like chocolate milk, swing sets, cartoons, play board games I used to play when I was little.. On the other hand, my boyfriend, I call him a man-child because he is really a big kid and he is also 25 years old. ;)

kitten645
09-30-2009, 11:05 PM
Halloween indulges my inner kid! I'm lucky I work at a store that sells holiday items. I don my witch had for the whole month at work! Some kitty ears some days. A cape others. I LOVE Halloween!
I am also lucky that both my sisters with kids don't do the kid activities. My one neice LOVES horses and my sister told me "I ain't getting up there so it's up to you!" I love horseback riding so I was delighted to show her my " moves"! LOL. My other niece loves rollercoasters and merry go rounds. My sister said she pukes on either so that's OUR thing. I'll take her as many times as she wants!
You MUST indulge your inner kid. It's good for the soul:love:
Claudia

Trinityagain
10-01-2009, 10:17 AM
I love to color, still collect stuffed animals, I moo at cows in the field when we go past them...and have a remote control dinosaur in my office.....need I go on?

Stuffed animal story or two: a number of years ago hubby and I were walking thru Sears and they had a table with clearance stuffed animals on it. Knowing my weakness he was surprised that I was going to walk right past. I said I didn;t need another one, etc. He said "Well you know if nobody buys them they take them and rip their stuffing out to make into new animals and they are not nice about it..."...yes I bought one to save it from that fate.

Rescued a stuffed dragon and a stuffed bear from the side of the road in recent months....

And after one of my many trigger finger surgeries I made him stop at the mall so I could buy myself a feel better bear....

Andie
10-01-2009, 10:24 AM
I still catch lightning bugs during the summer. I'm finally tall enough to catch the ones that fly high. LOL. It just brings back my childhood.

I still have the urge to play in the rain every now in then. Have to fight them though, I get sick easier now. :rolleyes:

pomtzu
10-01-2009, 10:37 AM
I still have my brown teddy bear from when I was a toddler. Boy - he's one old bear now. He's thread bare in spots and is missing one of his sewn on eyes. I refused to pass him down to my kids when they were little!

I have quite a few Christmas bears that come out for the holidays, but I don't keep them out year round like my other collection of stuffies. It's sometimes a challenge to find somewhere to sit, since the bears take up residence on the sofas and chairs! :D

Trinityagain
10-01-2009, 11:11 AM
I still have the urge to play in the rain every now in then. Have to fight them though, I get sick easier now. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

A few years ago a friend and I figured out how to make this a big kid moment...we took a bottle of wine out in the backyard with us :D

allmycats
10-01-2009, 10:48 PM
He probably plays cops and robbers and is armed with all his guns.....:p :D

LOL yeah I bet you are right:D I can imagine he runs thru the house looking out the window, any crooks out there?? LOL and I bet he plays cowboys and Indians too hehe:D:D

gini
10-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Ice Cream!!!

Whenever I buy an ice cream cone and lick up the sides of the ice cream - mmmm, I am three years old once again!

My love of most flavors of ice cream have never gone away.

But my favorites are bing cherry, and butter pecan. And then there is chocolate - and strawberry and french vanilla.......well, you get the idea!