PDA

View Full Version : Mackensie Phillips

allmycats
09-29-2009, 07:10 PM
:eek:omg has anyone read about Mackensie Phillips? a 10 yr affair with her own DAD!:eek::eek: she has a book coming out, a memoir. really sick. I knew she had been on drugs and had alot of trouble when she was younger, but, eeeww! for 10 years?!!

aTailOf2Kitties
09-29-2009, 08:21 PM
I think she made the whole thing up just to hawk her new book.:rolleyes: I mean 10 years is a long time to not know what's going on (as she claimed). Surely she had some moment of clarity during that time:rolleyes:

allmycats
09-29-2009, 08:37 PM
I think she made the whole thing up just to hawk her new book.:rolleyes: I mean 10 years is a long time to not know what's going on (as she claimed). Surely she had some moment of clarity during that time:rolleyes:

I wondered that same thing. if it's true, very sick, if not then still a sick mind and VERY desparate to be back in the lime light, just to promote a book. either way very sad:(:(

Freedom
09-29-2009, 09:04 PM
When I read the article in the newspaper a day or 2 back, it just didn't have the right sound to it. The step mom was appalled (and rightly so if it did happen; and also if it is made up). I also thought this was a publicity thing. Sad either way, as already said.

Karen
09-29-2009, 09:15 PM
I don't think she made it up, she talks about it at first being not consensual, that she was heavily drugged and drunk, but then became consensual, and that a part of her knew it was horribly wrong all along. I think the Stockholm Syndrome probably applies in this case as well. Her life has been so messed up, and her father's drug use and poor judgment was well-documented and often commented on. Both her sister and friend and former costar Valerie Bertinelli have come out in support of her, which I don't think they would have done if they didn't believe her.

By the way, I have moved this to The Dog House, as it is by its very nature an upsetting topic.

kuhio98
09-29-2009, 10:54 PM
I don't think she made it up, she talks about it at first being not consensual, that she was heavily drugged and drunk, but then became consensual, and that a part of her knew it was horribly wrong all along. I think the Stockholm Syndrome probably applies in this case as well. Her life has been so messed up, and her father's drug use and poor judgment was well-documented and often commented on. Both her sister and friend and former costar Valerie Bertinelli have come out in support of her, which I don't think they would have done if they didn't believe her.

By the way, I have moved this to The Dog House, as it is by its very nature an upsetting topic.I'm with you. I don't think she made it up either. The first time was rape. After that she consented. She knew it was wrong. Evidently, her father didn't feel the same. Drugs will make you cross every boundary.

DJFyrewolf36
09-30-2009, 03:20 AM
I saw a clip of her and her dad in a recording of an old interview on Inside Edition. The little bit I saw sure gave me goosebumps. They didn't act like father and daughter at all, more like they were dating. Had I not heard all the rest of the stuff in the news and had just seen that I still would have found the interaction between the two odd...and a bit disturbing.

I wish I could find a link to the vid...seems like no one has it up yet.

pomtzu
09-30-2009, 07:16 AM
According to her sister Chynna - it is true and it did happen. However, I don't think the whole world was in need of knowing this. If she wanted to "get it out" for therapeutic reasons, then she should have confided in a shrink, and not have dragged her whole family into the torrid mess. And as far as John Phillips is concerned - how does a dead man defend himself??

sasvermont
09-30-2009, 09:37 AM
And, I agree, I think the photos/videos made them appear to be way, way, too affectionate, at best. It gave me the creeps.

I do believe her, BUT I also think she is promoting her new book.

She was never a favorite actress of mine. She always had such a sour look on her face.

This falls in to the "whatever" category for me.

I feel really sorry for her for having had to endure such a horrid relationship with her dad, assuming the incest is true.

If she makes some extra money selling this book of her, then, fine. She has had a tough life so far, maybe she can retire and take care of herself with the extra money.

lvpets2002
09-30-2009, 09:49 AM
:) Well I so agree.. I dont know what to think of her.. I did not know what to think of her when she was younger & on that show.. I would say for sure that she & who ever else is involved has lived a very sick life.. And No I will Not buy the book.. I dont care to read about such sickness.. I can hear it everyday on the news..
According to her sister Chynna - it is true and it did happen. However, I don't think the whole world was in need of knowing this. If she wanted to "get it out" for therapeutic reasons, then she should have confided in a shrink, and not have dragged her whole family into the torrid mess. And as far as John Phillips is concerned - how does a dead man defend himself??

gini
09-30-2009, 10:35 AM
according to her sister chynna - it is true and it did happen. However, i don't think the whole world was in need of knowing this. If she wanted to "get it out" for therapeutic reasons, then she should have confided in a shrink, and not have dragged her whole family into the torrid mess. And as far as john phillips is concerned - how does a dead man defend himself??

ditto! Ditto! And ditto!

moosmom
09-30-2009, 12:11 PM
What chaps my *** about the whole thing is she is trying to come off as being a "victim". She was over the consentual age for God's sake!!! What part of N-O didn't she understand. There are relatives that were there that have verified her story. Who freaking cares? They should all be ashamed of themselves.

I am a victim of rape/molestation and I resent her trying to make people feel sorry for her. I was only 10 years old at the time and it was done by a VERY CLOSE relative, who knew better.

She can blame it on the drugs all she wants. She was an adult who knew better, drugs or no drugs. And I won't be lining her purse by buying the book. UGH!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Catty1
09-30-2009, 12:32 PM
When MacKenzie was 11, her father introduced her to cocaine...and was the first person to ever inject her with heroin.

Even though the sex started when she was legally an adult, she was definitely under his sway drug-wise. Those two drugs alone are beyond horrible.

Even at 19, she awoke from a blackout to find herself having sex with her father. He had arrived to stop her wedding, which was to happen the next day.

Dad was sick and a control freak...no one was getting "his" girl.

Edwina's Secretary
10-01-2009, 11:02 PM
What is interesting to me is that there is great sympathy for the victim of Roman Polanski but very little sympathy for (or even belief in!) Mackenzie Phillips.

Is it because the idea of a father having sex with his daughter is so disgusting we do not want to believe it?

I knew a woman who had her father arrested for having sex with her and her sisters. He finally confessed. Nonetheless her mother and her siblings blamed her for "telling the world" what he had done. She had tried to tell her mother when she was very young. Her mother made fun of her.

I stood up in her wedding. I do not know if I could have done it had I known the whole story at the time. I could not have been civil to her parents.

Her Christian faith told her she must "honor her mother and father." So she forgave them.

I could not. She was a very messed up woman.

Her father had paid for an abortion because he was afraid it was his child. He was a teacher at a Christian school. That is what made her go to the police. She worried for other children he might have access to as a teacher.

I wish I could tell you the number of people who "did not believe her." After all, a father would not do that. :rolleyes::rolleyes: I saw the pain and the damage. I still see it in my mind's eye today.

I do not understand why many people write books about what I think should be very private matters - or why they allow tv cameras in their homes. I do not understand how Sarah Palin has a 400 page memoir when she has done nothing special yet in life.

I won't buy Phillips' book (or Palin's either) but to suggest it was her fault - to suggest she would lie about something like...juxapositioned against all the sympathy for Polanski's victim (and I do believe both women were victims!!) makes me very sad.

Catty1
10-01-2009, 11:14 PM
ES - I truly hope that young woman has found some healing and peace...and that she married a good man.

kitten645
10-01-2009, 11:47 PM
ES. as usual I agree with you 100%, Some people have f**ked up lives. I've had my own..not close to this but my sincere wish is that all come out on the otherside Relatively whole.
Blessings. Why the heck am I in the Dog House? LOL
Claudia

blue
10-02-2009, 12:00 AM
I dont really see Mackenzie Phillips as a victim in the same way the child RP victimized.

Why bring Palin's book into this thread? Makes no sense to do so.

Twisterdog
10-02-2009, 01:09 AM

Agreed! The general public has no need to know this whatsoever. I would imagine that healing is not going to be more likely to happen by telling millions of people. Or by making money off a book.

Medusa
10-02-2009, 06:47 AM
Whether forced or consensual, it's sick and never should have happened. Phillips is a victim of both her father and herself. IMO, some people may object to the story not because it's about incest but because she's been out of the spotlight and has written a book about something that should be between her and her therapist. These tell-all books serve no purpose other than to make money for the author. I can't imagine that she wrote it for altruistic reasons. I wish her peace and healing but I wish she'd find that peace and healing in private.

Karen
10-02-2009, 06:56 AM
I do think that part of her feels like telling her story will help other victims of such abuse deal with it, and know they are not alone. Or at least someone in publishing convinced her of that.

pomtzu
10-02-2009, 08:27 AM
I do think that part of her feels like telling her story will help other victims of such abuse deal with it, and know they are not alone. Or at least someone in publishing convinced her of that.

I don't buy that for a second. It was consensual so she isn't a totally innocent victim. IMO she sees this as a way to make a quick buck. Sexually sensational stories sell!

sasvermont
10-02-2009, 08:56 AM
The fact that the man in this sick relationship was her FATHER is what makes it wrong. If the man was a neighbor, a teacher etc. it would be a different story entirely. Her FATHER should never have touched her. I don't care how old she was when it started. Do you know how powerful FATHER figures are, in most girls lives? I know that my father ruled the roost in our house. He, however, did not have a sexual relationship with me.

I put 100% of the blame on the father, sorry, but that is my take on this entire mess.

Is she pushing her book for the money? Probably. Does she need the money? Probably.

I would never publish anything like this .... but I am not in her shoes.

Will more people "come out" and talk about their relationships or others' in the families? Probably.

Anyone who was in a sexual relationship with their father or mother, deserves a little slack and is the innocent party for sure. Come on, aren't parents supposed to know better? Do you really think anyone at age 20 is totally responsible for much they do?

I give this young woman a pass and let her sell her book, recover some money, and live on. She deserves some support and compassion. No FATHER should touch a daughter.

I won't buy her book (or Sarah Palin's) because they are not ones I want to read or buy.

Asiel
10-02-2009, 09:32 AM

I so agree with your statement. If she is loking for healing I don't think she'll find it by yelling it from the rooftops. Speaking to a therapist in private would have been more healing than hearing some of the snide comments that will no doubt be made by many. I think she's after a quick buck, but I won't be helping her with that since I have no interest in that kind of garbage.
I feel sorry for her family , I think they will be paying the price for her dragging this for the world to see.

Twisterdog
10-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Anyone who was in a sexual relationship with their father or mother, deserves a little slack and is the innocent party for sure. Come on, aren't parents supposed to know better? Do you really think anyone at age 20 is totally responsible for much they do?

I disagree! Yes, I really do think people are responsible for what they do at age 20! At age 20, I certainly did some things I would not do now, and made some dumb choices. But did I know right from wrong? You bet. We are talking about age 20, not age 12. And this affair went on for ten years ... so if it started at age 20, it continued to age 30.

Catty1
10-02-2009, 10:47 PM
I blame the dad - he had power over her by giving her drugs from the time she was 11 years old. She was hooked, and that was it.

It's how pimps get young girls into the "trade".

pomtzu
10-03-2009, 06:45 AM
I disagree! Yes, I really do think people are responsible for what they do at age 20! At age 20, I certainly did some things I would not do now, and made some dumb choices. But did I know right from wrong? You bet. We are talking about age 20, not age 12. And this affair went on for ten years ... so if it started at age 20, it continued to age 30.

I so agree!

I can't believe that MP was so stoned out of her mind 24/7, that she couldn't have stopped it if she really wanted to. I'm in no way defending her father - he was a sick s.o.b. for what he did to her - both with the drugs and sex - but she could have walked away from it at any time. At 20 years old most people have a sense of responsibility and know right from wrong.

Sas: When I was 20, I had been married for 2 years, was expecting my first child, running a household and working part time. So go ahead and call me irresponsible.....:mad:

Medusa
10-03-2009, 07:04 AM
Blame and responsibility are not one and the same. The father is to blame for what he did to her. She is responsible for cleaning up her life. Twisterdog makes a valid point about Phillips continuing the incestuous relationship for 10 years until she was 30. She began as a victim but, IMO, she continued as a volunteer. She also had the opportunity to bring this all to light while her father was alive and for whatever reason, she chose not to. I can't help but think it's because she was off the radar screen and wanted attention. I saw part of an interview w/her where she talked about the incest and she was a little too free w/the toothy smiles. That isn't to say that she needs to be morbid for the rest of her life but she just didn't come across as genuine. However, no matter what did transpire, I do hope that she gets the help she needs and can manage to have as "normal" a life as possible. No one deserves to live in the shadow of incest.

Pam
10-03-2009, 07:24 AM
I saw an interview with Chynna the other day on TV quite by accident. This is not the kind of stuff I am drawn to. :( Tell-all books IMHO are not written for healing but rather to make money. *sigh* Didn't Roseanne Barr have the same sort of thing going on in her life too - found out by regressing to past lives or some such nonsense? :rolleyes: Please people, we do not want to hear it. Get help like all of the other "non-public" victims do and forget the books.

moosmom
10-03-2009, 08:11 AM
twisterdog makes a valid point about phillips continuing the incestuous relationship for 10 years until she was 30. She began as a victim but, imo, she continued as a volunteer. She also had the opportunity to bring this all to light while her father was alive and for whatever reason, she chose not to

bingo!!!

lvpets2002
10-05-2009, 11:55 AM
:rolleyes: Its called Money Money == She is doing all of this for Money..