PDA

View Full Version : Whats your cats name?

Kittensaremylife
10-05-2002, 02:15 PM
whats your cats? i'm just wondering what peoples cats name are.

Kirsten
10-05-2002, 02:52 PM
My cat's name is Luna.
Before I had her, I had my Katz (went to the Rainbow Bridge in May 2000).

Kirsten

Vermontcat
10-05-2002, 02:55 PM
My cats name is Samantha but we call her Sam or Sammy.:)

Randi
10-05-2002, 03:25 PM
My cat is Fister, he's an orange tabby, male, 6 years old. :) (se avatar)

10-05-2002, 04:00 PM
My cat is listening to the name of MAYA !
The cat we had before her , and that went to the RB in July , was called SYDNEY (we called him like that because his cat-mom as named Darwin).

Cookiebaker
10-05-2002, 04:04 PM
Marigold-kitty...AKA Goldy...Maricat...kitty cuteser...She's a calico.

http://www2.innevi.com/~emenay/01mari.jpg

neko1
10-05-2002, 06:03 PM
My cat's are Neko, Cookie, Pumpkin and Tama:D

kitten645
10-05-2002, 06:16 PM
My two all black Bombay kids are named Calvin & Hobbes. Otherwise known as bayayabe and wittle maaaan!

Cataholic
10-05-2002, 06:40 PM
Kitten645- very funny names, I love them! :)

Mine are Texas (Tex, Texie, Mr. Pooh, thin man, man, daddy)
Georgia (George, Georgie, Georgie-Porgie, Greta Garbo (reclusive kitty)
Tennessee (Tenny, Ten-Ten, Tennison, lover boy, Mr. Attorney)
Alabama (Allie, Allsters, 'sters, Bratty cat (oh, she is), Spring Roll ( I haven't a clue why I call her this), shower cat)
Dakota (Dakkie, Daksters, Daks, Bumble butt)
Minnesota (Min-Min, Minnie, Minnie mouse)

Uabassoon
10-05-2002, 07:23 PM
My cats are names Corkscrew and Tibby and my cat that just passed to the rainbow bridge was named Zasper.

Kittensaremylife
10-05-2002, 07:26 PM
my kitties names and why that they are named like that:

Mischief=hes always running around half the time he isnt here

Mulan=she looks like the character

Tantric=cuz my brother likes the band Tantric

Buddy=cuz hes everbody's buddy

Ittsi Bittsi=well shes big now but she was really little

Cuotreo (its spanish sooo i dont know how to spell it) he was the last of his brothers to live and he was the runt out of the four

Jack=i dont know why his name is Jack well i guess cuz my mom named him and Yellow Kitty's 1st litter

Jill=my mom named her (she is a boy really lol my mom got confused) :eek: and Yellow Kitty's 1st litter

Max=my brother named him

Yellow Kitty= shes yellow and a kitty :p we couldnt find a name to fit her tho

Mia=the runt and MY baby of Yellow Kitty's 2nd and she also has the personality of the character

Holly=the tough girl of Yellow Kitty's 2nd and MY baby too she looks like shes dressed for Halloween

Cutie Pie=shes soooooo adorable

Frisky=the only boy and brothers of Holly, Mia, Cutie Pie of Yellow Kitty's 2nd litter

and there you have my kitties

The Cat Factory
10-05-2002, 08:15 PM
My kitties names are:

Mischief, although I don't think the name really fits her, she's not a Mischief maker:D

Majesty

Twinkles

Tigger

Mimi

Vader, named after Darth Vader:D

Peppurr

Hercules

Xena

Spaz

Felix

catchat
10-05-2002, 08:34 PM
I have 5 cats, Muffin, Emma, Louise, Charlie and Patches. I had another cat, Cookie, that had to be put to sleep last Feb.

FloppsyLadySally54
10-05-2002, 08:40 PM
Sally. I don't know who she is named after, but I think it is because my mom's friend's name is Sally. They named their cat Ally and my mom's name is Allison, so I guess that is it.

todd
10-05-2002, 08:41 PM
MY cats name is angel a link to see my cat
http://community.webshots.com/user/tocat3

krazyaboutkatz
10-05-2002, 09:14 PM
My cats names are:

Storm - He was already named this before I adopted him and I thought that the name fit him so I kept it.
Pepper- I named him this because he's black and as a kitten he was full of pep and he sneezed a lot.

Sunny - I named him before I even adopted him. I was looking for an orange male cat. The name fits him well because he's my little ray of sunshine.

-Panther-
10-06-2002, 09:41 AM
Narri - got the name in "a shelter"
Napiainen or Napsu as we call her, got her name in"a shelter"
Nougat I named her

I dunno why, but I want their names to start with the letter "N", because I got Napsu first and then Narri's name just happened to start with the same letter, so I kind of had to name Nougat with the same "pattern" :rolleyes:

Weirdly explained.. :o

Former User
10-06-2002, 01:08 PM
Cookiebaker, your cat is absolutely gorgeous! WOW! Post more pics, please!

As for our cats, they are called Casper and Kitty.

Cookiebaker
10-06-2002, 01:28 PM
Thank you Casper & Kitty! Marigoldy says thank you, also!

I will have to get my hubby's help to post some more pics. But I will let you know when I do!! :D

Former User
10-06-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
Thank you Casper & Kitty! Marigoldy says thank you, also!

I will have to get my hubby's help to post some more pics. But I will let you know when I do!! :D

Ok, can't wait to see those! :)

boscibo
10-06-2002, 05:52 PM
I live with three felines:

Bo, the old, patient ktty

Abby, the little boss cat

Hanna, the new kitten

weeze
10-06-2002, 08:28 PM
I have Minnie and Baby

Cookiebaker
10-07-2002, 10:37 AM
I just posted more pictures of Marigold as promised in Cat General...;)

luckies4me
10-07-2002, 07:43 PM
My cats names are Houdini, Mystic, Tin Tin and Cheetah; all Bengals. Houdini is the mother to the rest.

Cats I have at my parents house are Baby, Thor, Blacky, and Ickeris.

Cats I have had:

Ezra
Kismet
Bum Bum
Orangie
Wacko
Simbo
Nala
Jasper
Mighty Mouse
Noddles and I know I am forgetting some but I just can't remember the names at all!

Here is a pic of Cheetah and Mystic!
:D

ownerof3dogs
10-07-2002, 10:27 PM
here is my cats:

Nera : black DLH 2yo
Astro : Gray tabby DSH 4 yo
Mitsy : Gray tabby DLH 15 yo

You can see them here (http://community.webshots.com/user/dianadorta)

Songlover
10-08-2002, 07:22 AM
It was so interesting to read what other members call their cats and why...so here is my little story! 15 years ago a friend of a friend found a mother cat nursing three newborn kittens on a street in Toronto. I went to see them and chose two black and white sisters.
I thought long and hard about what to name them. Since I was singing actively at that time, I decided to name them "Prima" and "Diva" and the names were perfect, as Diva lived up to her name with lots of vocalizing and hysterics and Prima tried to be number one and still does!! Diva took her journey to the Rainbow Bridge in August of 2001, but I still have Prima who is almost 15 and 1/2 years and now finally number one!!!
Five and a half years ago I rescued another small kitten from the streets of Toronto and he is also black and white. He has a very unusual face and I named him Picasso, in honour of the great painter who was known for painting faces in a very individual manner!!! I also call him "Casso", "Casso Kitty", "My big boy" and "Cochon" which is pig in french!!! (He currently weighs 16.4 pounds, down from 19 a year and a half ago, so food is very important to him).
This past July I adopted my first Montreal kitty and named him "Piano" as his face is split, black and white, like the key of a piano!!! I also call him "Bou-Bou" and "My little boy" since he is still little!!
I will be getting a scanner soon and then I will post the pictures and talk much less....promise!!! regards from Deborah in Montreal.

moosmom
10-08-2002, 08:41 AM
Mollie Rose = tortie, 8 yrs.

Casey = white and buff DSH, 7 yrs.

MooShoo = Sphynx, white w/black, 2 yrs.

Maya Linn (named after the woman who designed the Vietnam Wall) = Seal point lynx torbie Siamese mix from Puerto Rico, 3 yrs.

Little Mews Faberge (aka shorty) = Calico Munchkin, 2 1/2 yrs.

Carly the Curly Girl = American Curl tiger, 3 yrs.

zookeeper
10-08-2002, 11:12 AM
My orange tabbies name is Campino, he was named after the candy. The humane society had named hima nd we though it was a good name so we left it at that. We generally call him Cam or Cammy, only Campino when he has been bad:)

wolflady
10-08-2002, 11:55 AM
Scooter is my husband's DSH tux cat. I guess he got that name because he would just scoot all around the floor when he was a kitten.
My cat, Marius, is a DSH white cat. I got his name from a book I was reading and thought it fit. He has an exotic somewhat regal appearance. :D They both around 6 years old now.

NoahsMommy
10-08-2002, 01:59 PM
Songlover: What a great story about how you got our kitties. Thank you for sharing. :) I can't wait to see pictures!

Noah James: Noah is named after "Noah" in the bible. James is after Jimmy Buffet (my hubby is a Parrot Head)

Noel Joy: We got Noel during the holidays and wanted to call her Noel, for Christmas. Joy is for the spirit of the season.

Basil Nathaniel: Basil was named because I love how "Basil" is pronounced by the English. My grandmother was English and I loved how she'd say that word. So, I guess his first name is a tribute to her. Nathaniel is from the Bible.

wolflady
10-08-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

Noah James:
Noel Joy:
Basil Nathaniel:

I just love how you have the middle names! That is just too too cute. I can imagine that it works quite well when they do something that they shouldn't...

NOAH JAMES!!!!

LOL
:D

**hugs**

Vio&Juni
10-09-2002, 04:19 AM
Our kitty is Juni. We had her from her very first moment in this world and we named her before she was born. In Romanian the name Junior sounds differently for each gender, it's Junior for male and Junioara for Female. We decided on Juni, we couldn't know what she was going to be. We call her Junitsa or Juneasa (the second is not really nice). I call her Junioara ONLY when she doesn't behave.
Her father was Vasea, we used to call him Basilio. It's a cat name from a movie for kids. We used to call him Vas'kin too.
Juni's mom was Naomi (RB). She was a real beauty. We named her after Naomi Campbell, she had the same grace and a little nose and, kind of, the same heart-shaped face. She was black.

HoRsELUvR
10-09-2002, 08:03 AM
My cat's names are Reese(girl)and Midnight(boy)

tuxluvr
10-09-2002, 09:05 AM
I have one DSH tuxedo-marked girl kitty named RITZ aka RITZY, named for her "classy" fur tuxedo, and the song (and a favorite scene from "Young Frankenstein") "Puttin on the Ritz"

When we got her as a little kitten, we were trying to come up with a suitable name - it came down to "Spatz" (because her front toes look like the old fashioned shoe treatment of the same name) and "Ritz".

When I feel blue, I sing that song and during the "Puttin on the ritz" part, I pick up Ritzy and give her a big hug :)

Don't you love kitty therapy?:cool: :D ;)

rosethecopycat
10-10-2002, 10:37 PM
I have two boys.

The baby is: Snow Pea.

He's a lilac Siamese We started calling him Snowy about the second day we got him. And sometimes I think his name is SNOWY...NO! or NO...SNOWY! Because that's what I hear myself saying most of the time.

And my other boy is: Mr. Jones.

He's a Tux. He needs to be treated with some respect. Like Mr. French on Family affair or Mr. Eddie's father From the Courtship of Eddie's father. Actually I got the name Mr. Jones from travelling in Croatia. A man walked up to us and introduced his large dog as: Mr. Jones. Then he laughed and laughed. I think it was the only English he knew. But it was cool.

wolflady
10-11-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by tuxluvr
...When we got her as a little kitten, we were trying to come up with a suitable name - it came down to "Spatz" (because her front toes look like the old fashioned shoe treatment of the same name) and "Ritz".

Don't you love kitty therapy?:cool: :D ;)

Spatz!! How cute!!! Just when you think Ritzy couldn't get any cuter...she does!! It does look like she has little spatz on her feet. Oh the joys of those. I had to wear them in the Purdue band with shiny black shoes. Just like little Ritzy Spatz Kat! :D :D

Give that belly lots of rubbins for me!! It's just too irresistable! :D

Welcome to Pet Talk Rosethecopycat!! Your babies sound precious! Pics please!! After reading your post, I have that song stuck in my head...Mr. Jones and me....LOL

Edwina's Secretary
10-11-2002, 12:24 PM
My cat is named Edwina. She was named after a woman who lived in this house...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid30/p0f0bb3981ce46f699a6973bd24d72ce6/fd5647f9.jpg

Lady Edwina Mountbatten!

ILOVECINDER
10-12-2002, 01:56 PM
Cinder...:)

~*ILOVECINDER*~

tuxluvr
10-13-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by wolflady

It does look like she has little spatz on her feet. Oh the joys of those. I had to wear them in the Purdue band with shiny black shoes. Just like little Ritzy Spatz Kat! :D :D

Give that belly lots of rubbins for me!! It's just too irresistable! :D

Yep, a dear friend of mine had to wear the "band spats" too, but in high school...and the big plumy hat...a buzby or busbee or something like that, has that infamous picture where you pose with your instrument,!!! Didn't you just love those?

Ritzy must have read your post - she's been going "belly up" a lot in the last few days begging for tummy rubs! :)

TheAntiPam
10-13-2002, 02:49 PM
I really enjoy each of these stories - knowing the love and joy behind each name and each special kitty!

My kitties have been:

Murf - or Murr. My first best kitty friend - orange tabby. Named for the noise he made when talking to me (RB)

Squee - or Squeek - gray kitten - named for his favorite way of talking (RB)

Daisy - tuxedo girl - she had 3 other names before she finally let us know her real name! (RB)

and last but definitely not least:

Winston Winkle Whitewall - small gray tabby - He was found in an old tire in a warehouse - and his middle name is from his hero Mr. Winkle (www.mrwinkle.com)

tuxluvr
10-13-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
My cat is named Edwina. She was named after a woman who lived in this house...

Lady Edwina Mountbatten!

I always knew Ms Edwina had origins in royal lineage :)...but Ms Edwina would be more aptly named

Lady Edwina Mousebattin:eek:

10-13-2002, 03:44 PM
I posted allready on the first page ; but I have a new kitten since last wednesday ! Her name is INKA
--> after the Indian tribe of "the Inca's" !

Edwina's Secretary
10-15-2002, 09:00 AM
I'm a little slow....this is hysterical!!!

...but Ms Edwina would be more aptly named

Tuxluvr ---you are so funny....

Lady Edwina Mousebattin

Andie
10-15-2002, 11:52 AM
I have 13 yr old, Fluffy
and
I forgot how old, Isis

toughCookie
10-23-2002, 04:57 PM
Muffin
Emma