PDA

View Full Version : Be nice to me????

RICHARD
09-28-2009, 11:55 PM
I swear this is a true story.

--------------

I do not know if I have any special powers or anything like that. I want to believe, and sometimes I do wonder.

Yesterday I woke up to use the can and sat down in the front room to watch a little TV, grab a drink and then go to sleep.

It's 4:32 a.m. and I hear singing. Singing from aross the street. Loud singing....

I look out the front door and the guy across the street has his door open and is singing loud enough for me to hear...:rolleyes:

It's amusing for five minutes, annoying for 15 and downright obnoxious after 30...

I was pretty irritated because he will do this on the weekends and I can go do something else or hang out in the back yard, it's about 5:10 now and I am a little ticked that he still is going strong.

I start to think bad thoughts about his vocalizing so early in the morning...I placed them in the back of my mind and doze off to sleep.

--------------

Footnote: when my mom was alive she would get very irritated at his musical leanings, mostly while she was trying to watch TV.
We would laugh and curse the guy, but, all in good fun....My mom would say something like, "One day someone is going to drive by while this guy is singing and something will happen!"

--------------

I wake up about 7:50 and am stumbling around when I hear a HUGE crash, thumping and a car racing off into the distance.

I know that sound, someone had crashed a car!

I walk out to the gate and look up the street and see nothing amiss except for a 2 gallon gas can on the sidewalk in front of "Pavarotti's" house.

I look down the street and still see nothing.

I look at the gas can and then realize what happened.

A car drove into the oncoming lane, up the curb, hits the singer's fence and travels down the sidewalk.

It rolls in between the fence and a car parked at the curb, off the curb before it hits the sign/light post and away before anyone can see who it was.

I am guessing it was a truck with the gas can in the bed?:confused::rolleyes:

I started to laugh and laugh, I ran into the house because the whole neighbohood is standing out side and I cannot control myself.

I was wondering where the hit and run driver was three hours earlier!!!:eek:

The fence poles were bent but the fence was still up and able to keep their dog in the yard.

IT was pretty funny and I was still laughing about it today.

Thank goodness no one got hurt and I now will only think good thoughts about my neighbor and his singing!

Now, if I could just use that power to win some lottery money.:D

Laura's Babies
09-29-2009, 07:56 AM
We have a guy on the boat that has his MP3 player going and sings along with whatever he is listening to...LOUDLY! I have often asked him what he did with that money! He askes "What money?", I answer "the money your Mom gave you for singing lessons!"... Yet, he still sings...

There was a lady on the train we took to Atlanta last year that had her CD player going with ear phones and she was singing her heart out.. Everybody was laughing at her... Couldn't carry a tune with a BIG bucket but she was happy and singing...

If your neighbor is singing along with his player, all you can hope for is the battery to go dead... Or play your own music where he can hear it, maybe that would trhow him off enough to shut him up?

happylabs
09-29-2009, 07:57 AM
Oh dear Richard...remind me to never get on your bad side. :eek: :D

pomtzu
09-29-2009, 08:13 AM
OMG - when you mentioned the gas can, I thought you were going to say that someone tried to fire bomb the place. That would be one way to put an end to the singing....:p

Daisy and Delilah
09-29-2009, 09:39 AM
I always say, "When you need to accomplish something, get Richard to help you".

Buddy, you've done it again. I am picturing this whole thing. You laughing so hard you had to go in the house so the neighbors wouldn't get "suspicious".:D :D :D

Great story, and, all happening so early in the morning. :eek:

Catherinedana
09-29-2009, 10:34 AM
Kudos to you for ignoring him. . .I can't do it. I've had some very noisy neighbors in the past few years and I called the police on them each and every time. It was consistently from the house across the street, which is a rental and nearly every person or group thereof that moved in there played loud music, partied in the driveway at 1am, sang at the top of their lungs at 7am on a Sunday or had a mega-bass that I could feel through the floor of my house that would wake me up in the middle of the night.

So I called the police - again. ..and again. . .and again, as did the gentleman that lived next door to them. He would also call the landlord. Each group moved out until we finally have an odd little family in there who is a bit strange but quiet. . .

I have no patience for people who do not care about those around them. I'm not willing to wait for someone to drive into their living room - I'll let the cops handle it!

moosmom
09-29-2009, 11:04 AM
I cherish my sleep. If it were me, I'd have stuck my head out the window and told him to shut the eff up, then call the cops. Don't they have noise ordinance in Cahlefahnia????

RICHARD
10-01-2009, 09:01 PM
:eek::eek:

As I write this? there is a Fire Department Rescue unit across the street.:eek:
I had just taken out the trash cans and noticed a handful of people at the gate-I came in and heard TWO RAs pull up. One just left and I think they loaded someone into the back of the second...

K9karen
10-01-2009, 09:14 PM
I swear, Bud..I'll make the green salsa ASAP1

I NEVER get on the bad side of a Scorpio..I swear... :p