PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully A New Member to the Family

MonicanHonda
09-28-2009, 04:43 PM
Soooo, I'm so excited to announce that Zac and I are most likely getting a DALMATIAN puppy in two weeks. I've been yearning to get my spots back since Honda has passed and we finally feel it's time. :) There are two in particular we are going to look at. Both are black spotted. I'll put up a pic of them....

This one is Fiji (litter name):

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q96/AMedicsGF/FIJI.jpg

This one is Santorini:

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q96/AMedicsGF/Santorini.jpg

The litter names are vacation spots. Lol There is a boy, Barbados. He's adorable but already taken. I was up for a boy or girl but I guess they answered for me. Lol

Zac likes Fiji better, and I like Santorini better. So we're going to do what you should always do and pick based on temperament. (We are big dal fans so of course we think they are BOTH adorable. Lol) I'm so excited....

Karen
09-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Oh, how exciting, they are both adorable - but you knew that! Parents have good hips and eyes checked?

MonicanHonda
09-28-2009, 04:49 PM
Yes, parents have excellent health certs and OFA and puppies are going to be BAER tested this weekend. :)

lvpets2002
09-28-2009, 04:50 PM
:love: Aweee how so Cute they both are.. I pick Fiji.. Hey you could just take them both..:D

Taz_Zoee
09-28-2009, 04:51 PM
Oh my, I would not be able to decide on the photos alone. Fiji has more spots, which I like. But Santorini looks like she has a heart shaped nose.

Congrats! I can't wait to see who comes home with you. :D

Husky_mom
09-28-2009, 04:59 PM
I like heavily spotted dals the most.. and Fiji has the most of these two cuties... AND.. she has a blue eye!!.. so pretty... whichever you pick would be a great addition

k9krazee
09-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Oh my gosh! Fiji has the most adorable face, but they are both beyond adorable! I wouldn't mind snorgling either of them at Findlay in the spring ;)

chocolatepuppy
09-28-2009, 07:25 PM
Oh my goodness, they're both so adorable! Good luck choosing!:D

Alysser
09-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Sooo cute! They are soooo adorable, I LOVE Fiji! Please keep us updated on these pups.

Grace
09-28-2009, 09:24 PM
What does Remy think - does she have a preference?

They are both adorable :love:

Suki Wingy
09-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Is that a blue eye I see?! :D

And if you don't mind me asking, what breeder are they from? Just asking because they look a LOT like they could be from this one breeder I almost spoke with about getting a puppy from.

MonicanHonda
09-28-2009, 09:47 PM
I wasn't completely sure if that was a blue eye. But everyone here must agree. Lol! She says Fiji is DEFINITELY show material but I'm not planning on showing them.

Remy hasn't met either yet. We are hopefully going this weekend to see them. Remy loves all dogs though, so I don't think she will care. Lol We'll see.

And the breeder is from Cleveland area, Ohio. Pokatalica Dalmatians

stace1319
09-28-2009, 09:50 PM
aww! im so excited for you!

Cinder & Smoke
09-28-2009, 10:04 PM
Ummmmmm ...
:confused:

When in doubt, Go fur TWO ??

:D

boomersooner
09-28-2009, 10:15 PM
How fun!! We wanted to get another Dalmatian when we got sweet Boomer, but we couldn't find a litter which would be ready when it would be best for us. Both of them are precious!!! They remind me so much of my baby Cassie dog when she was a puppy. Congrats!!!! There is NOTHING cuter than a Dalmatian pup!

luvofallhorses
09-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Oh my goodness they are cute! :love: Good luck in deciding you could always get both. ;)

K9karen
09-28-2009, 10:31 PM
Congratulations!!!! Both babies are gorgeous! I don't envy you guys making a decision! :p

Seravieve
09-29-2009, 08:45 AM
They are so adorable! I always wished we'd gotten my RB Pepper when she was a puppy. She had two blue eyes.. was so striking to look at. I too like heavier spotted Dals. The blue eye is an added bonus! I agree there's nothing cuter than a Dal puppy! I'm jealous! I like the 'Room for two' suggestion! =)

pomtzu
09-29-2009, 08:52 AM
Why have to choose between the two? :confused: Take both....:p:D

Casper
09-29-2009, 11:05 AM
Oh my goodness! :love: They are both downright adorable!

Good luck deciding on who to pick. I can't wait to "watch" one of them grow up here on PT. :)

CountryWolf07
09-29-2009, 11:16 AM
Adorable!!!! :) Good luck on choosing your perfect addition to the family!

MonicanHonda
09-29-2009, 03:29 PM
Well, the puppies ARE 900 dollars. LOL!!! That was a little extreme. I am talking to two different breeders right now. It's not for sure I am going to go with these two girls because I haven't seen pictures of the other lady's dogs... nor have I talked to her for very long. She should be calling me around five. I believe hers are only 600. But they all have health certs, BAER, and very good tempered parents. If it comes down to it, I may have to go with the 600 just because 900 is a lot of money.

Although, they say Fiji has a lot of show potential. I don't know... decisions decisions. Lol Basically, when it comes down to it, I want a dalmatian with a good temperament and a healthy body and personality. So if they are both very good breeders, I will have to go with the cheaper one... But if the 900 dollar puppies are more expensive for a GOOD reason (temperament/health) then of course I will have to go with them.

Also, I am not a big fan of lots of spots, that's why I didn't like Fiji as much because she has a lot of spots on the face, but she's really grown on me.

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-29-2009, 06:03 PM
Good luck with whichever you decide! Both of these puppies are adorable, and I'm sure the others you're interested in are as well. I can hardly wait to see who the new addition will be.

Well, the puppies ARE 900 dollars. LOL!!! That was a little extreme.

I have no idea what the average price is for a well bred Dal, but most well bred dogs are over $1000 nowadays. I know price is a factor for a lot of people, but I don't think that $900 is extreme at all. It seems very reasonable to me. :)

Seravieve
09-29-2009, 06:09 PM
I can't wait to "watch" one of them grow up here on PT. :)

Me too! I thought the exact same thing!

Wow... 900 is a lot of money for a dog. For anything really.. To think we cringed at $285 for Treo, from the Humane Society. I think my mom paid $55 for our Pepper, pure bred 6yr old Dal, back in 1997.. Again, from the Humane Soc. I've seen Boxer pups listed for over $2k... I guess people like to make some $$$ off their dogs. Depending on what you'd be doing with the dog, I guess it could be worth it.. If you were to show them. I dunno about $2k Boxers, but maybe a 600-900 Dal.

Seeing them sure made me think about having another Dal sometime in the future.. man they're just so stinkin' cute! Whoever you choose, I'll sure enjoy the pictures! ;)

MonicanHonda
09-29-2009, 08:14 PM
Oh, I know prices for dogs are well into the 1000's now. And 600-900 is normal for a well bred dalmatian. More towards the 900. But you know... it's like... you know it's coming but it's still a shocker. Lol

Suki Wingy
09-29-2009, 08:14 PM
And the breeder is from Cleveland area, Ohio. Pokatalica Dalmatians

Oh so not who I was thinking of but I have heard of Pokatalica before.

MonicanHonda
09-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Heard good things I hope!?!?! Lol I am also thinking of maybe going with Zdar dalmatians from Canton, OH