PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Help with a shampoo question

AllisonButterfly
09-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Hi, my name is DeAnne, I was a member here not too long ago, but I have forgotten my user name. Anyways, Star and Brat are my kitty children. :-) I just got back from the doctor and I have a very bad case a ringworm. Everyone keeps telling me that I got them from Star or Brat, which neither one of them show any signs of ringworm. Anyways, despite that, I don't want to take any chances, of any one else getting ring worm, I want to give them a bath, are there any good shampoos to use? Are there any other places you can get ringworm besides from cats?

catnapper
09-28-2009, 08:24 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how badly old wive's tails persist. Ringworm can be passed from anyone or anything. Ringworm is a fungus - the same type of fungus as athlete's foot.

Ringworm shows up on our pets differently than it does on humans. look for flaky or scaly places on them. If you don't see it, you're safe. Just wash yourself before you touch them so YOU don't spread it to THEM. ;)

freckledimple
09-28-2009, 08:45 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how badly old wive's tails persist. Ringworm can be passed from anyone or anything. Ringworm is a fungus - the same type of fungus as athlete's foot.

Ringworm shows up on our pets differently than it does on humans. look for flaky or scaly places on them. If you don't see it, you're safe. Just wash yourself before you touch them so YOU don't spread it to THEM. ;)

+1
You can get ringworm fungus just about anywhere:eek: Pets are actually one of the lesser spreaders of the fungus:p Usually, only sick or immune comprimised pets get it:( Once it gets "established" in an area(room, carrier, blanket, etc.) it is virtually impossible to get rid of completely[not trying to scare you]. You could have picked it up just about ANYWHERE:eek:
Ringworm, being a fungus, thrives with moisture. We've always used atlete's foot ointment to clear it up, on us and our pets.
If I may ask, where is it located on you?

lvpets2002
09-29-2009, 03:35 PM
:eek: Oh No.. Yes my Vet prescribed my babies with Virbac Keto Chlor Med Shampoo.. One of the babies that I had adopted had spider ringworms & this shampoo works wonders.. But it is a Prescription from a Vet..

catmandu
09-29-2009, 04:21 PM
We have no advice Just Prayers that you can be rid of that Ringworm ASAP!!!
:love::love::love: