PDA

View Full Version : Healthy and Yummy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with Apple butter!!

jennielynn1970
09-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Just made these yesterday. They are from the EATING WELL (http://www.eatingwell.com) website. I love oatmeal cookies that are soft and have some chewiness to them, and these are made with apple butter so they are really a nice spice cookie as well. One of the best things about them is that they are HEALTHY and you don't have to feel guilty eating them!

ENJOY!!!

Ingredients
3 cups rolled oats
1/3 cup chopped walnuts, or pecans
1 cup raisins
1 cup water
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup apple butter
2 large eggs
1/4 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

Preparation
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
1. Spread rolled oats and nuts on an ungreased baking sheet and toast until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes; set aside.

2.Combine raisins with water in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over low heat and cook until the raisins are plumped, about 10 minutes. Drain, discarding liquid, and set aside.

3.Beat sugar, apple butter, eggs, oil and vanilla in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and cloves into another bowl. Stir the flour mixture into the apple butter mixture with a spoon. Stir in the reserved oats, nuts and raisins; mix well.

4. Drop the dough by rounded teaspoonfuls, about 2 inches apart, onto the
prepared baking sheets. Bake, one sheet at a time, until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to racks and let cool.

blue
09-27-2009, 09:33 PM
And now Im hungry.

jennielynn1970
09-27-2009, 09:39 PM
I'm making more of them Dan, want some care packaged to you?!

blue
09-27-2009, 11:32 PM
Oh yes please. drooling smiley.

Laura's Babies
09-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Oooo! They sound delish! I saved it, THANKS!

lvpets2002
09-28-2009, 11:10 AM
:) oH Yum Yum.. I too just love oatmeal raisin cookies.. I also love apple butter & just know the two of them are so good.. Thanks now I am hungry for some.. Could you cyber space me some??