PDA

View Full Version : My Peony

phesina
09-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Peony is gone. Cancer, dehydration, anemia, fluids in abdomen and perhaps chest, labored breathing..

I had hoped the ER vet could drain the fluids and give her a few more days, but she (vet) said she (Peony) was already showing signs of her system shutting down.

15 years! Born near Venice Beach, California.. flew to Cambridge. MA with me .. then we moved to Providence, RI.. then here to Ann Arbor, MI. We've been through so many changes together, my dearest little heart kitty.

I love you so much.

I love you, my sweet little Peony.

slick
09-27-2009, 09:36 PM
I was just about to post in the Cat General thread......:(:(

I'm so very sorry for you loss. God speed to the Bridge sweet Peony. You were/are such a lucky kitty to have such a loving Meowmie. I've spoken with my RB Speckles and she will show you around.

{{{hugs}}}

Moesha
09-27-2009, 09:41 PM
It is so not fair that so many are losing their heart kitties lately! 15 years, while it is a long time, is just not long enough. Although, whatever time we have is never long enough. You did the best you could for Peony throughout her entire life. Hopefully the pleasant memories will help your heart heal. Please remember we are all here to give you comfort and support.

Grace
09-27-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm so very sorry, Pat. I alerted Henry earlier, and he met her at the Bridge. He'll show her a rousing good time :love:

Catty1
09-27-2009, 09:46 PM
Again...many hugs. A bit more time would have been wonderful...but dear Peony was already leaving. :(

I hope it was peaceful for her...and she knows how much you really really loved her, and she loved you in return.

Play free at the Bridge, Peony.:love:

ETA: Found a pic of lovely Peony...I hope this is ok with you, Pat.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=39841&d=1217207219

phesina
09-27-2009, 09:51 PM
Thank you, Candace and Gretchen and Moe and Slick (Vicki?).

Peony has her own candle page too! Started by a non-PT friend who couldn't figure out how to light a candle on the PT page, which I'd told these folks about, so she started one herself:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=peoPM

Taz_Zoee
09-27-2009, 09:51 PM
I am so sorry. Taz can show her around up at the bridge, they are close to the same age.

RIP Peony

Edwina's Secretary
09-27-2009, 10:10 PM
What a beautiful and beloved Kitty you were Peony! Every bit as sweet and charming as the flower for which you were named.

Godspeed Peony...

My condolences Pat...

phesina
09-27-2009, 10:11 PM
Thank you, Taz_Zoee (Cindy?), and thank you, Candace, for posting that beautiful, wonderful picture of her! That shows her personality so well :love::love::love:. When I have the chance, I'll start looking for other pictures to share with her friends.

Priscilla and Mitsie and Phoebe and Mary Lou and all the wonderful PT angels and the angels of family and other friends' cats are all welcoming her home. She is especially enjoying the welcome from Henry!

She's also wondering if maybe she'll meet up with her sweetie angel, since she could never decide on just one beau in earth-time.. sort of like Priscilla and Moose tied their angelic knot!.. ;):eek::D:love::love:

slick
09-27-2009, 10:22 PM
Oh my gosh, little Peony looks exactly like my RB Speckles. :( They could be twins!!!!! I lit a candle for you. :love:

krazyaboutkatz
09-27-2009, 10:29 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that she's gone.:( You did everything that you could and then you made the unselfish decision to let her go to the Bridge. I'm sure that both my Starr and Pepper will be there to also welcome her to the Bridge. RIP sweet Peony.:( Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Karen
09-27-2009, 11:12 PM
Rest in peace, beautiful Peony, as a flower named girl
You will grace the fields at the Rainbow Bridge
And find the best sunny spot to nap in
Like a flower bends toward the sun
And rest and play until that fine day
When you momma comes to meet you again.

Prairie Purrs
09-27-2009, 11:33 PM
I'm so sorry that sweet Peony couldn't stay with you a little longer. There's never enough time with our beloved kitties. But I hope you'll find comfort in your memories of her well-traveled life with you.

RIP, pretty Peony. I'm sure you're surrounded by old and new friends at the RB.

katladyd
09-28-2009, 12:02 AM
All of us with "mature" cats feel your pain. It is hard to see them grow older and know that they have had more time with you in the past than they will in the future. The only fault cat have is that they do not live long enough! RIP Sweet Peony! :love:

kitten645
09-28-2009, 02:52 AM
I'm so sorry Pat. Godspeed Peony:love:Gigi, Jersey, Bobcat and Tiger will be there to greet you little angel. xxxooo
Claudia

Medusa
09-28-2009, 06:39 AM
Pat, I missed your other thread. (I've been doing that a lot lately.) Losing our heart kitty leaves us feeling pain that is nearly palpable. I'm so sorry about Peony's passing but judging from the things that were plaguing her, perhaps it was for the best. She was such a beautiful girl and I know how much she'll be missed. RIP, pretty Peony and peace to you, Pat, my friend. :love:

jenluckenbach
09-28-2009, 06:54 AM
{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} I am so sorry for your loss. :( RIP Peony, I always loved your name. You will always be remembered.

Freedom
09-28-2009, 07:26 AM
Hugs to you, Pat. As Mary / Medusa and others have said, it sounds like it really was her time to go. That doesn't make it hurt any less, though.

RIP Peony, I know you will blossom at the Bridge, like Karen's poem for you, dear girl.

Queen of Poop
09-28-2009, 07:32 AM
So very sorry for your loss.

phesina
09-28-2009, 08:16 AM
Thank you so much, everyone, for all your lovely messages, and thank you, Karen, for the beautiful poem. Peony Angel is looking over my shoulder and smiling in the way cats do.

Love, Pat and Sydney (senior cat now!) and Poppy and Elmer and Bob and Sparkler

pomtzu
09-28-2009, 08:16 AM
So sorry to read that Peony had to leave, but it does seem that she was ready.

RIP sweet Peony. :love:

Peace and comfort to you Pat.

Anikaca77
09-28-2009, 09:06 AM
Pat-

I'm so sorry to hear about Peony. My prays are with you. My Anika will greet Peony and keep her safe at the Rainbow Bridge.

Prays and hugs,
Melissa

Randi
09-28-2009, 09:46 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss of Peony. :( Fifteen years is a long time together and of course you will miss her terribly. I hope the memories and knowing she is not suffering now will ease your pain.

Rest in Peace, sweet Peony - you will stay in your mommy's heart forever. :love:

((((hugs))))

catmandu
09-28-2009, 09:51 AM
Ebony Beau Tubster, and the Siamese Six Pack and I are treating Dear Peony to a Tex Mex Lunch at Poco Loco, thier Restaurant in Hmailton.
From there Peony will join Our Awesome Angels in Tour on the Amafli Coast where there will be a dinner in honor of your Peony in a beautiful banquet hall.
Then Peony will be on the Great Worlds Angel Tour and will drop by and see You , Elmer and Sydney to let you know that all is well.
Scrappy 2 sends her special condolences to her Sydney, she too has lost Old Friends Bo Bo and John Hancock.
We all will meet in Paradise and have a Great Time.
One Fine Day.:love:

gini
09-28-2009, 10:18 AM
I am so sorry to see that Peony lost her battle. I know how difficult it is for you now - and I feel for you.

Cataholic
09-28-2009, 10:31 AM
So many losses, so many tears here on earth, but, I do believe a greater place exists for them. My deepest sympathies.

lvpets2002
09-28-2009, 11:14 AM
:( Oh No Pat I just now read this.. Huggss == RIP wittle Peony.. Play hard at the Bridge.. I know the Angels have you now & are taking you thru the Golden Gates.. Your now a Angel to watch over us.. You will furrever be in our hearts & loved..

mrspunkysmom
09-28-2009, 11:29 AM
I am so sorry about Peony. She is resting comfortably now.

jennielynn1970
09-28-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm so sorry to be reading this Pat. What a sweet picture of her too, she looks like my kitty, Boris. I'm glad you so have so many years with her to have many sweet memories of her... her name must have suited her well... as sweet as a pretty flower.

Play hard at the bridge, dearest Peony. Look over your meowmie and make sure she's ok for us, please.

phesina
09-28-2009, 01:14 PM
Thank you so much, everyone, for all your lovely messages and good wishes. Peony and I are both very much touched.

kb2yjx
09-28-2009, 01:20 PM
Dear Pat, I am just so sorry to learn about Peony's going to the Bridge. I am sure that there was quite a gathering of all our Angel Cats and Kittens there at the Bridge to greet her. I hope all the memories that you have of Peony will bring you some comfort now. Sleep softly, sweet Peony....Sandra

smokey the elder
09-28-2009, 02:31 PM
I'm so sorry about Peony. The path to the Rainbow Bridge has been too well-trodden of late.:(

phesina
09-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Ebony Beau Tubster, and the Siamese Six Pack and I are treating Dear Peony to a Tex Mex Lunch at Poco Loco, thier Restaurant in Hmailton.

Ooooh! Peony, Southern California Girl that she is, would just love that! What a feast!

catmandu
09-28-2009, 05:06 PM
And I mentioned Pat that Peony was dining with us for the first time, and he presented her with a Tiger Stripe Fla vored Ice Cream Cone, doublescoop so Peony will have something to share with All Of the Other Awesome Angel Army!!
:love::love:
That will go well with the Pulled Pork Tacos and Salsa Chips and Cheese!
Its alwys good to make a good first impression , not that Peony couldnt do that on her own, of course.
But food always helps break the ice!!
:love::love:

allmycats
09-28-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm so sorry about Peony:(:(

Vermontcat
09-28-2009, 10:36 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that your beloved Peony has gone the the Rainbow Bridge.:(
You had 15 wonderful years together and a whole lot of happy memories of her.
I'm sure my Samantha was at the Rainbow Bridge to greet her.
Sending hugs your way.

Killearn Kitties
09-29-2009, 06:26 AM
I'm so sorry that beautiful Peony had to leave you after so much good time together.
Happy travels with the animal angel army, sweet girl! :love: We will miss you here.

phesina
09-29-2009, 05:55 PM
Thank you again, to all of you, our wonderful friends, human and feline and other-ine too, for all your sympathy and love and kindness to me and the furry-five. And Peony thanks you too! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

cassiesmom
09-29-2009, 07:45 PM
Pat, I have been off of PT for a few days and just now seeing this thread. I am so sorry for your loss. Sending you many (((((HUGS))))) --- elyse

Barbara
09-30-2009, 03:31 AM
So Peony and Tigris will be the new kids on the block at Rainbow Bridge. And while it looks that they passed away from really similar conditions they will not talk about them as they now both are young, happy and healthy again.

Pinot's Mom
10-03-2009, 09:03 PM
Pat, I'm so sorry! I've been away and just saw this.
Godspeed dear Peony and Peace to your family. Play well at the Bridge.

phesina
10-04-2009, 06:00 AM
Thank you, Barbara and Pinot's Mom. Peony's loss has hit me quite hard. I got her ashes back yesterday. They'll wait with the ashes of the other babies I've lost, until I pass away. Then I'll be cremated too, and all our ashes will be mixed together and scattered some lovely place.

Yes, Peony and Tigris are best friends now at the Bridge, playing and cuddling together. Peony is learning to meow in German, and Tigris is quite fluent at purring in English!

rosethecopycat
10-04-2009, 09:45 AM
As in the case of heart kitties, Peony's and your hearts are entwined for eternity.

She'll be waiting for you...

Godspeed dear Peony

rg_girlca
10-04-2009, 12:38 PM
I am so very sorry on the loss of your precious Peony.

I know it is difficult to say goodbye to a beloved pet you held so dear.
May you find comfort in the treasured memories of good times spent together.

Rest in Peace dear Peony. You were so loved and will never be forgotten.

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} for you Pat.

phesina
10-04-2009, 04:32 PM
Thank you so much, Rose and Lorraine.