PDA

View Full Version : A couple of cat pics from my cruise

Catty1
09-27-2009, 02:39 PM
Mom and I went on a cruise from Montreal to Boston. I am finally getting the pics organized...but wanted to share these.

First is a 3-dimensional wall painted by 12 artists in 2 weeks. One of them put a cat in the upper dormer window, so of course I focussed on that.

The next several are of "Furry Murray", my cousins' Aby. He is a one-woman cat, and was kind of grumpy...but let me pat him!

Catty1
09-27-2009, 02:41 PM
Just one more!

Randi
09-27-2009, 02:57 PM
Wow, that's a beautiful painting - wish they'd paint like that on Copenhagen walls, instead of all the grafitti! Furry Murray is a gorgeous boy! :)

Laura's Babies
09-27-2009, 03:35 PM
I had to look twice at that first one.. That IS a painting? What a great job and the cat in the window looks so real!!

catmandu
09-27-2009, 03:48 PM
Furry Murray is quite an Owesome Orangie , and its hard to believe that such a Handsome Fellow can be grumpy!!
:cool::cool:
And that painting of the Cat is so realistic, I would leave a bowl of food out for him!
:):)

Grace
09-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Love the pictures - thanks for sharing.

That mural is fantastic - wonder how long it took to paint.
Murray is beautiful :)

krazyaboutkatz
09-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Beautiful painting and Furry Murray sure is a handsome Aby.:)

phesina
09-27-2009, 06:04 PM
What beautiful cats, both the painted and the real one!

What building is that in Boston? What a gorgeous mural.

Catty1
09-27-2009, 06:46 PM
That building is in Quebec City!

Grace, our tour guide (Robert, whose mustached face you see right up front) told us it took 12 artists two weeks to paint.

There are 3D painters around the world who do this on buildings...some of them are amazing!

Freedom
09-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Oh my what a fantastic wall mural! And I am so glad you got a close up of the cat. They sure got THAT right - the tail and all is OUTSIDE! The owner is inside in a total panic, being as the cat is up so high, lol.

Murray looks so good, I wanted to reach through and stroke his lovely golden coat. Nice pics!

phesina
09-27-2009, 10:56 PM
That building is in Quebec City!

Grace, our tour guide (Robert, whose mustached face you see right up front) told us it took 12 artists two weeks to paint.

There are 3D painters around the world who do this on buildings...some of them are amazing!

Wow! What a fantastic work of art! My kudos to the artists of Quebec and the people who provided the building(s) it was painted on.

I thought it looked sort of like a building I can remember in Boston (though I can't remember the name right now) that you would see coming into the harbor on a boat or over the harbor to the airport in a plane.. NOT painted the last time I saw it, a couple of years ago or so.. though when I look at your picture more closely, the whole place looks much more extensive or elaborate than the one I'm thinking of.. maybe an amalgam of that plus one or more others (Isabella Stuart Gardner Museum for one)... or is that all just a painting on an actually-flat surface?

Amazing!

Catty1
09-27-2009, 11:30 PM
All that is a painting on an all-flat surface!

Here's a link to it (you can see how tiny the kitty is at the top...but Mom picked it out! :D )
http://inquebeccity.com/mural.htm

Anikaca77
09-28-2009, 08:15 AM
Amazing pics.

Looks like u had fun.

Melissa

phesina
09-28-2009, 08:35 AM
Stupéfier ! Fabuleux !

(That first word means "amazing," according to Yahoo! Babel Fish, not "stupid" or something like that. :))

Thanks for the link, Candace.