PDA

View Full Version : I should have known... with Fister around!

Randi
09-27-2009, 01:53 PM
I had two lamb fillets on the kitchen counter - inside a plastic bag. Here I was, on the computer, when I heard some strange noises coming from the kitchen. It was of course Fister... he had managed to get one of them out. So when I came rushing out, one was on the floor. I was just in time to save it.

Normally, when I leave raw lamb on the kitchen counter, I usually put garlic on it, but this time it wasn't even out of the bag! Cats!! :rolleyes:

Killearn Kitties
09-27-2009, 02:16 PM
Fister, you devil! :eek:

Although it seems a reasonable assumption that one of those fillets was for you, sweetie. ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
09-27-2009, 02:36 PM
:D How kind of Fister to leave you one!!! :love:

sasvermont
09-27-2009, 02:49 PM
Oh Fister, you little devil. I bet Meowmie didn't even yell at you! The next time, be a little more quite about and during the robbery!:rolleyes:
:D:D:D:D:D:D

katladyd
09-27-2009, 03:10 PM
When my GodCat, I'm his God Mother, Buddy was a kitten of a mere three and a half months, he dragged an entire 16 oz. steak across the dining room table while everyone was watching t.v.! They'll do it every time.:D

Randi
09-27-2009, 03:34 PM
....e dragged an entire 16 oz. steak across the dining room table while everyone was watching t.v.! They'll do it every time.:D
LOL! That was one determined kitty cat!

Yes KK, it was only fair to assume he thought the one was for him. :p

Sas, no I didn't yell since it was already too late - but he IS a clumpsy thief!

Moff, I simply washed the one, so I got both! :cool:

katladyd
09-27-2009, 08:04 PM
Better give Fister "the talk" about thievery. We don't want him to need Groucho's services in the future.:rolleyes:

Freedom
09-27-2009, 08:07 PM
Just with the title, I was already smiling. I just KNEW this was gonna be good. And dear Fister didn't let me down! :D

Edwina's Secretary
09-27-2009, 10:14 PM
When I read your post about naughty, naughty Fister (for me???) I thought of this...

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/funny-pictures-cats-promise-to-not-touch-your-food.jpg

Do you think those are Fister's cousins? :D:D:D

phesina
09-27-2009, 10:16 PM
I remember back when I was growing up, as I was coming to the breakfast table, I saw my family's cat on the table snatching up an entire fried egg and disappearing with it!

RICHARD
09-28-2009, 11:39 AM
And no mention of GRAVITY...THAT is what put the chop on the floor.;)

momoffuzzyfaces
09-28-2009, 12:44 PM
Did Fister at least get to have a tiny taste after it was cooked? :D

phesina
09-28-2009, 01:01 PM
Absolutely, gravity was at work here, an indisputable law of nature! Of course the meat was Fister's! Nature delivered it to him.

Randi
09-28-2009, 02:01 PM
Katladyd, Fister says he appreciate the offer of Groucho's services, should it somehow happen again. ;)

Sara, that picture is hilarious! :D

Oh that gravity! Of course the meat happened to slide out out the bag on it's own, crawl to the edge and jump down on the floor. Fister was only trying to find out what happened, and he was on his way to tell me. :rolleyes:

No MOFF, he didn't get a taste after it was cooked - oh no, he prefers raw meat - and definately not with garlic on!

Btw, the poor boy puked two minutes later.

lvpets2002
09-28-2009, 03:55 PM
:love: Yup I aggree Fister was just doing the right thing by claiming his kill that he made all by himself.. Well did Fister at least get a treat?? Well done Fister stand up for your meat..:D
Absolutely, gravity was at work here, an indisputable law of nature! Of course the meat was Fister's! Nature delivered it to him.

Pam
09-28-2009, 04:24 PM
[QUOTE=lvpets2002;2193353]:love: Yup I aggree Fister was just doing the right thing by claiming his kill that he made all by himself./QUOTE]

LOL! My Trevor made a similar kill. He got a slice of roast beef off the kitchen table a few years ago and ran off with it but was caught in the midst of his escape. His "kill" had already been cooked in the oven. What a clever hunter he was. :p:p

My SIL's cat just munched through a zip-loc bag recently to get at a pound of raw hamburger meat that was laying on the counter. I thought those things SEALED the food. Obviously not good enough for a cat's nose! ;)

lvpets2002
09-28-2009, 04:43 PM
:love: You know we cant help but Laugh.. I find it so funny to watch them running off with food & or ect like it was a true kill.. Hey its called Mother Nature talking to them for defense of their rights..

:D
[QUOTE=lvpets2002;2193353]:love: Yup I aggree Fister was just doing the right thing by claiming his kill that he made all by himself./QUOTE]

LOL! My Trevor made a similar kill. He got a slice of roast beef off the kitchen table a few years ago and ran off with it but was caught in the midst of his escape. His "kill" had already been cooked in the oven. What a clever hunter he was. :p:p

My SIL's cat just munched through a zip-loc bag recently to get at a pound of raw hamburger meat that was laying on the counter. I thought those things SEALED the food. Obviously not good enough for a cat's nose! ;)

lizbud
09-28-2009, 04:44 PM

Absolutely. The gravity defense is the best explanation.:D

phesina
09-28-2009, 07:31 PM
Well, of course first Fister had to work very hard, stalking it and hunting it down and chasing it to the edge of the table, where gravity took over and made the prize his!

slick
09-29-2009, 10:29 AM
LOL I believe in the gravity story......;)

That reminds me - years ago when Speckles was with me I cooked a pork chop and some veggies and settled down in front of the TV for the evening. It was Christmas and I had my tree up. I was half way through my pork chop when the phone rang. I got up to answer it and 20 min later when I hung up I settled back down to eat. Happily munching away on my veggies I noticed something lurking way behind the tree. Here was Speckles - she grabbed my half eaten pork chop off my plate - bone and all - and was chomping away in the shadows. I laughed so hard.....:D:D That was before I joined PT.

RICHARD
09-29-2009, 12:27 PM
LOL I believe in the gravity story......;)

That reminds me - years ago when Speckles was with me I cooked a pork chop and some veggies and settled down in front of the TV for the evening. It was Christmas and I had my tree up. I was half way through my pork chop when the phone rang. I got up to answer it and 20 min later when I hung up I settled back down to eat. Happily munching away on my veggies I noticed something lurking way behind the tree. Here was Speckles - she grabbed my half eaten pork chop off my plate - bone and all - and was chomping away in the shadows. I laughed so hard.....:D:D That was before I joined PT.

My sis had a dog that grabbed a WHOLE HAM off the table and wolfed it down. He then proceeded to puke the contents of his stomach up BEHIND the Christmas tree. It was the grossest thing I ever saw in my life.....:D