PDA

View Full Version : How to exercise your dog when your sick

whomeee
09-26-2009, 09:31 AM
I have 4 dogs a GSP Jale, JRT Rex, Chi Chase, and a Ausi Kelpi Ausi Shep mix Jade. Jade I just got a coupe months ago and is an extra high energy dog as I wanted and expected, want to work cattle with her. I am a part time assistant dog trainer, and just started to take in one dog at a time for a month training, I also work a full time job. I am very busy on good days to say the least but last week I came down with the worst cold that I have had in a long time. The first day (Friday) I might have been awake for 4 hours the hole day the rest of the week went better but I have no energy, everything I do I have to push myself to do it. It is a week later on Saturday I'm better but still sluggish. Last Sunday I got a dog in for training a lab pit mix that is 7 months old, she is high energy but not over the top like Jade. My question is dose anybody have any ideas on how to exercise these girls when you cant, I don't have a treadmill or I would have used that.:)

Freedom
09-26-2009, 11:39 AM
Holy cow, you have a dog sled team by the sounds of it!

I just rely on the fenced in back yard and let them play together. If you have someone who can assist you, that helps when you are feeling low, also.

Asiel
09-26-2009, 03:39 PM
I have fenced in acreage but mine just won't play around if I leave them outside . They usually attend to their business and want back in. If I go out and throw a ball they'll stay all day but the minute I come in they all follow. My female will sometimes lay in the yard and watch hubby work outside or in his garage. I was actually thinking of buying a treadmill for them for the heavy rainy days.

whomeee
09-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Holy cow, you have a dog sled team by the sounds of it!
That would be intristing seeing the chi in the lead position, he is the top dog of course. As Asiel said my dogs wont play enough in the yard to burn enough energy, and no one is willing to help with even our dogs so it is all up to me. I think the best way to go is the tredmill. Thanks;)