PDA

View Full Version : RIP Rocky Melite

moosmom
09-26-2009, 09:00 AM
It is with such a heavy heart that I post this. Rocky died sometime between his last feeding and this morning. I had gone into the carrier to get him for his feeding and he was blue and limp.:(:(

I don't think either Tia or Rocky had much of a chance considering they had absolutely no mother's milk or colostrum to help their immunity.

RIP my sweet little boy. I'll miss your purr. You were loved so much my angel. Go take care of your sister, Mollie Rose and all the others at the RB. I'm sorry I let you down.:(

Freedom
09-26-2009, 09:05 AM
Donna, you did NOT let them down. You were their hope, their chance, and gave them comfort and love. I am sorry it ended this way, and I am sure this is hard for you, but please don't think you let them down.

pomtzu
09-26-2009, 09:38 AM
I'm so sorry Donna - but you gave it your all - and it was longshot at best. But you tried. It just wasn't meant to be. :( I have to echo exactly what Sandie said too.....

RIP little Rocky :love:

And peace to you to Donna. :love:

kb2yjx
09-26-2009, 10:04 AM
Please do not beat yourself up !! Like the other posts said, you did all you could do and that is what counts!!! Sometimes, things are just not meant to be...we lost 2 wee ones and it breaks your heart....Sleep softly, little Rocky Melite....

Catty1
09-26-2009, 10:12 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not dear little Rocky - he was eating like a little piggy and all....

Donna I am so so so sorry! You did everything you possibly could for both Tia and Rocky. I know the 'if only's' and second guessing are horrible right now.

No one could have been more devoted and concerned and loving than you - where love is an ACTION, every two hours, exhausted...

{{{{{hugs}}}}} to you. I know both babies will seek out Mollie Rose, and she will adopt and show them around the beautiful Bridge. :love::love::love:

phesina
09-26-2009, 11:56 AM
Oh, I am so sorry. Rest in peace, little baby boy Rocky Melite.

Peace and love and deepest sympathy to you, Donna. You have experienced so much tragedy in so short a time. Please do not feel you didn't do enough. You have given every bit of all that you have to these beloved babies.

Hugs and purrs,
Pat and cats

Medusa
09-26-2009, 04:52 PM
I'm so sorry about Rocky. Sometimes no matter what we do, Donna, our little ones just can't make it through. You tried your best and gave them love; that's what matters most. RIP, little Rocky and peace to you, Donna. :love:

Karen
09-26-2009, 04:56 PM
But because of you, Donna, Rocky knew love and care in his short time on earth. There's an old blessing "May all your days on earth be happy," and for Rocky, that was true once he came into your care. It's not the length of life, but the quality that counts sometimes.

Queen of Poop
09-26-2009, 05:47 PM
You didn't let Rocky down!! You gave him and his sister all the love you could. It is truly unfortunate that they both had to leave. Mollie Rose will undoubtedly look out for them now. You also let all of us give them the love too, for that I am grateful. Thank you for all you did for them.

katladyd
09-26-2009, 05:49 PM
There is no way you let him down! You did everything humanly possible for him. God had other plans and that we have to accept. We can be sad, but it wasn't anyone's fault.:love:

Grace
09-26-2009, 06:07 PM
Donna, you let no one down. Certainly not Rocky! He knew only love for the days he was with you :love:

cassiesmom
09-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Oh, Donna, I am so sorry to learn this news. I know Rocky was much loved while he was with you.

krazyaboutkatz
09-26-2009, 07:34 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( You didn't let him down. You gave him the love and nurturing that he needed. RIP sweet boy.:(

moosmom
09-27-2009, 08:47 AM
No, I didn't let Rocky or Tia down. I knew from the very beginning that their chances of survival were not very good. No mama's milk, being dragged by their umbilical cords, etc. Not a good start. I guess what has really affected me was losing 3 cats in a week.

They're at peace, together.

Thank you all for your wonderful support. You guys are the best!

catmandu
09-27-2009, 10:33 AM
Our Mayor Karen is right 100 % Donna, as you gave Rocky Melite a chance something they would have never had in the wild.
And Rocky Melite and Tia did not pass on as Strays, they went to the Rainbow Bridge properly named , and with someone to mourn thier passing.
And Rocky Melite and Tia are Eternal Baby Angels now, and will be adopted and jpin an Older Angel Couples Family and tour Our Wonderful World together until they meey yopu again in a special place where Your Love will be rekindled with You , Molly Rose and Your Companion Cats!
One Fine Day. :love:

Barbara
09-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Donna, thank you for trying an impossible thing. Rocky and Tia had no chance - but you tried because you have a big heart.

davidpizzica
09-27-2009, 01:46 PM
Sweetheart, you DIDN'T let Tia or rocky Melite down! You tried to give them a chance in this world that nature would't allow and now Molly Rose can watch over them. Sleep in peace, little Tia and Rocky Melite!

Taz_Zoee
09-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Donna, I know what you mean about feeling like you let them down. But as everyone else has said, you did the best you could for them. You gave them so much more than they probably ever would have had.

RIP Rocky Melite and Tia

Cataholic
09-28-2009, 10:30 AM
When your very best isn't good enough, there isn't much you can do, Donna. But, you should find comfort in knowing their passing was in a loving home.

lvpets2002
09-28-2009, 11:17 AM
:( Oh No I am so sorry Donna.. You did not let them down.. Like you said they needed mothers milk from the start.. RIP wittle Rocky Melite.. Play Hard at the Bridge..

smokey the elder
09-28-2009, 12:11 PM
I'm so sorry about the baby kittens. You gave them love for the short time they had.

allmycats
09-29-2009, 09:15 PM
oh I just saw this thread. I am so sorry for all your losses. you have certainly had more than your share of losses lately. I'm very sorry about your kittens.:(:(:(