PDA

View Full Version : Rescue Ink Premiere

pomtzu
09-25-2009, 02:46 PM
For anyone interested - this show premiers tonight at 10 pm on National Geographic channel - about a bunch of burly bikers doing animal rescue. I don't usually like the shows such Animal Cops and the like, but I think I'll give this one a shot. They have done interviews on some of the daytime talk shows and it looks like it might be a good watch.

Karen
09-25-2009, 02:48 PM
Yes, we have added it to our DVR, I hope it will be good!

I agree, the Animal Cops shows are often just too heartbreaking to see. I hope this one focusses on the good stuff that gets accomplished.

Randi
09-25-2009, 03:10 PM
National Geographic channel show some excellent programmes, I'm watching Earth Investigated and Origen of Species... really interesting! Will look for the one you mentioned.

lvpets2002
09-25-2009, 03:57 PM
:cool: Oh yes I cant wait.. I think they will be awesome.. I watched them Wed on Good Morning America & they were Great.. I Love how they tell you that they get one on one with the bad owners.. They get the bad people's attention real fast.. I am going to look for their book this weekend.. They say the book is great.. I want one of their T-Shirts too..

lizbud
09-25-2009, 04:42 PM
That's a show I'm going to check out tonight too.:)

Medusa
09-25-2009, 05:28 PM
Thanx for the reminder, Ellie. I saw it mentioned briefly yesterday but I didn't get the day and time. I'm definitely going to watch it.

Grace
09-25-2009, 05:51 PM
Thanks, Ellie. I didn't know about this before. Now I've got it set to record. And I have put the book on my wish list at B&N :)

Casper
09-25-2009, 06:34 PM
I saw an interview with them on GMA the other morning. It was so cute seeing that tiny puppy fall asleep in the hands of such a big, though guy. :)

Unfortunately we don't get the National Geographic channel. :(

Twisterdog
09-25-2009, 10:07 PM
I wanted to see that, too! But I don't think we get that channel. :(

Daisy and Delilah
09-26-2009, 12:42 PM
I forgot to watch it!!! :( How was it?

I think this is the group my sister has been telling me about for several months now. I wanted to see the show so bad. I'll watch for replays of it.

pomtzu
09-26-2009, 12:51 PM

I think this is the group my sister has been telling me about for several months now. I wanted to see the show so bad. I'll watch for replays of it.

It's a new series. They have the schedule on their website - rescueink.com

I saw about the first 5 minutes - then my granddaughter came in and plopped on my bed and started yakking and telling me about the dress she bought for homecoming and caught me up on the previous 2 weeks that I hadn't seen her. Then the dogs wanted to go out, and when I came back in my son called me in to the family room to see the cats - he was watching Cats 101 - so I got involved in that.

So my best laid plans - out the window. :mad:

Soooooo - did anybody get to see it???

Grace
09-26-2009, 12:53 PM

Terry,

It will be on NatGeo again Wednesday at 8pm and 11pm. Then again on Friday at 6pm. The same episode that was on last evening. Go program your your VCR right now :)

Daisy and Delilah
09-26-2009, 02:51 PM
Terry,

It will be on NatGeo again Wednesday at 8pm and 11pm. Then again on Friday at 6pm. The same episode that was on last evening. Go program your your VCR right now :)

Thank you, Gretchen!! This is super. Programming........:D

Asiel
09-26-2009, 03:22 PM
Shucks, they took National Geographic off the air out here after they got all kinds of complaints about Ceasar Milan. I wish they would have just cut him out and replaced it with something elses instead of taking the program right out.
I'll be watching our own parade of bikers here next month, they gather every year from every town around and ride for donations that they give to a charity who sees to it that poor families have a Christmas turkey and toys for the kids. Everybody deserves a good Christmas and this proves to me that not all bikers are the tough kind who look for trouble. These men and women do a fantastic thing for our community.

Medusa
09-26-2009, 04:54 PM
I started to watch it but made the mistake of watching in bed. I fell asleep. :o

Karen
09-26-2009, 04:59 PM
We watched the whole thing (love my DVR - it never forgets) and thought they had some problems, it was a mixed bag. They probably should have taken the chicken-catching job, as obviously, none of them expected the way real chicken act, or realized that yes, chickens CAN fly, when they have the motivation! I know their hearts are in the right place, but they need someone with better "people" skills, I think. Not everyone will respond to intimidation.

Daisy and Delilah
10-01-2009, 09:25 AM
I watched most of the show last night. The one about the chickens. I have to say::::where have these guys been all my life?:)

Such a novel thing to see those big strong guys helping helpless animals like that. I am hoping and praying that more big tough guys and girls will join the organization. I really believe that this could be the beginning of the end of animal abuse in some areas if enough people get involved.

I know that most people wouldn't want to make them angry and would rather do what they tell them to do.

I got a phone call so I missed part of the show. I see there's another new one on tomorrow night. I'll enjoy watching it. I just hope it isn't hard to watch like the other shows that deal with abuse.