PDA

View Full Version : Hair Loss around the Back Legs

Katorcea
09-24-2009, 07:42 PM
one of my cats has been losing her hair, mainly around her legs and tail. I doubt that one of the other cats are responsible for this, for the hair loss seems to be growing, and I have never seen a cat attack another at the back legs without the other realizing they were there. All three of them are spayed/neutered. I'm really worried about this; anyone know what might have caused this?

Moesha
09-25-2009, 08:11 PM
Does she lick herself excessively or perhaps have fleas? It could be an allergic reaction. A vet visit is probably a good idea.

Katorcea
09-27-2009, 04:58 PM
I haven't seen her lick herself a lot, nor have I seen fleas, but I probably will take her to the vet, I am mainly looking for something to do for her before we can bring her in

aTailOf2Kitties
10-02-2009, 07:18 AM
any updates? Sounds like an allergy or a reaction to stress to me. I've seen cats get bare spots from obsessive-compulsive overgrooming before.

Katorcea
10-15-2009, 06:13 PM
we brought her to the vet today, and yes, it was an allergy to fleas. We got Advantage on all three of the cats, and her hair should grow back soon, thx for the advice beforehand, really glad it wasn't anything serious

aTailOf2Kitties
10-15-2009, 07:16 PM
yup, if the cat is allergic even a single flea bite can really cause problems. Hope your kitty feels better soon!