PDA

View Full Version : ALZ Fundraiser it's TOMORROW!!! :) MY big WALK! $25 LEFT TO RAISE!! :)

Anikaca77
09-24-2009, 03:22 PM
Hi Everyone-

I have joined the Oct. 3rd 2009 Alzheimers Association Memory WalkŪ, I'm hoping to raise about $80 if possible by Oct. 3rd.

I did a pie fundraiser here at work and I work in a very small office of only 8 people so I only received a few orders and I was able to raise some funds. I know this time of the year is probably not very good for a lot of people to ask for funds, but I'm hoping that someone might like to donate.

Here is the link:
http://memorywalk09.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=298623&supid=256622258

If you can't donate, just say a pray for my Grandpa and my mom, (my mom is having surgery next week so I'm not sure if she'll be able to walk with me on Oct. 3rd but if not I'll be there to support my Gram and all she went through).

Thanks,
Melissa

slick
09-24-2009, 06:40 PM
Done!!! :) Not much, be every little bit helps. I've seen what this dreaded disease can do.

Anikaca77
09-24-2009, 08:04 PM
Thank you so much! I can't tell you how much that means to me. It is a very horrible disease and I hope I never get it, although I can say at least my Grandmother was very fortunate to stay at her house until 1 week before she passed on. My Grandfather took such great care of her and I'm so proud of him for doing all that he did for her.

I can remember back in March 07 a month before I was to get married, I told my Grandmother that I was going to get married and she told me that's good, she couldn't say much else but she looked so happy, I was so sad though not have her at my wedding but she was happy and I still miss her very much.

Thank you again,
Melissa

Anikaca77
10-01-2009, 01:56 PM
I can't belive my walk is already here! It's crazy at how time flys!

I still have $50 to raise to get to my goal so I'm trying!! I may sell some candy bars at work and see how that goes!

MoonandBean
10-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Sorry I'm just seeing this now. I will make a donation tonight when I get home and have access to my credit card (it's a good thing I don't keep it at work :)). Thanks for doing this walk! My grandfather had Alzheimer's and we worry my dad may be starting to show signs :(

MoonandBean
10-02-2009, 07:18 AM
Done! :)

Anikaca77
10-02-2009, 07:22 AM
Thank you so much! :)

I'm sending out a huge mass of e-mails this morning! So thank you again!

Melissa :D

I'm sorry to hear about your dad, the best thing is to try to get him help as soon as possible but I'm sure you already know that. Good Luck.

MoonandBean
10-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Something you're doing is working! When I looked at your sponsor page yesterday, it had $25.00 on it. Now you are at $265!!!! Good job!! I hope you have nice weather on Sat.

Anikaca77
10-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Oh yeah only $25, I actually had about $250 yesterday on my page. Not sure why that didn't show up but between my mom and I right now we have $275.

I'm hoping I can pull some strings someplace and raise the other $25 so I can make my $300 goal!

Thank you for your support again!

Melissa :)

Anikaca77
10-02-2009, 06:25 PM
sm. bump for now :)

MoonandBean
10-06-2009, 01:09 PM
How was the walk? :)

Anikaca77
10-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Sorry I didn't see this till now, the walk was ok, but I did raise my $300!! :)

I was so excited! My mom had a really hard day on Oct. 3rd because it was exactly 3 months since my gram passed.

I didn't think about that till she mentioned that and we went and had 2 photos of my gram copied and pined them to our shirts.

Someone told my mom that was a very beautiful picture and my poor mom started to cry.

It was a hard day but it felt good :)

Thank you for asking and your donation as well :D I believe you will be getting something in Jan. that you can write off your donation as well.

Thank you again,
Melissa

MoonandBean
10-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Congrats on reaching your goal! I'm sure your Gram is very proud of you and is looking down on you and your mom.