PDA

View Full Version : The third little pig made his house out of.....

Lady's Human
09-24-2009, 01:21 PM
Legos?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1214729/James-May-size-Lego-house-wants.html

:D

Anyone need a house with a really uncomfortable bed and a leaky roof?

Cinder & Smoke
09-24-2009, 02:01 PM
> deep sigh <

And poor Mr Lego has his nose outta joint.
:rolleyes:

:mad:

Killearn Kitties
09-24-2009, 02:02 PM
Well at least the house has a lovely cat! :D Furless, sadly.

And his plasticine garden at the Chelsea Flower Show was lovely!

My father-in-law used to work in building control, dealing with structural problems in buildings, and they were always getting people writing in with their brilliant ideas on building and building materials. He tells a wonderful story about someone who wrote in with his ideas for reducing the cost of buildings by using new plastic materials along the lines of Lego (this was probably in the sixties). The head of the department wrote a long letter back pointing out the flaws of such a system, the major flaw being security. Such a building would be fairly easy to break into using normal household tools, or even a warm spoon ...

Karen
09-24-2009, 02:06 PM
Um, not to bright to build it somewhere it could not stay ... why on earth did he think they'd want to have to MOVE it, instead of just building it onsite to begin with?

LH, can you imagine any of our clan in that house? We'd be constantly taking it apart and rebuilding it ... just because we can! Think what Axel and Marylin could do in a matter of hours - never mind the rest of us!

Lady's Human
09-24-2009, 02:10 PM
Yes, but think of the fun we could have redecorating.......constantly. :D

According to another article I read he thought he had an arrangement with LegoLand and they balked at the deal. They delivered the bricks to the site, they had to have known they were going to have to move it.

Karen
09-24-2009, 02:17 PM
Yes, but think of the fun we could have redecorating.......constantly. :D

I know - a certain sister would be taking the tiles and sorting them by color, a certain nephew would take it apart just because he could ... and how much sleep would the little ones get with a wall of temptation, never mind a bed that you can take apart and reconfigure ... Lady'd be all confuzzled if we moved the couch daily ...

Lady's Human
09-24-2009, 02:32 PM
The couch wouldn't be moving daily, it would be morphing constantly, and it wouldn't be very comfy for a puppy.

RICHARD
09-24-2009, 03:22 PM
Um, not to bright to build it somewhere it could not stay ... why on earth did he think they'd want to have to MOVE it, instead of just building it onsite to begin with?

James May doesn't operate within the realm of plausibility.;)

JM is one of the hosts of Top Gear and I want to believe that he is smarter than his TV persona!

---------

Not a house for kidlets!:D

lvpets2002
09-24-2009, 03:26 PM
:eek: WoW what a lot of work that took.. It is kinda of neat looking ya think..

RICHARD
10-02-2009, 04:35 PM
http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2009/09/22/lego-house-the-final-saga/