PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #335 Fall road trip!

RICHARD
09-24-2009, 07:52 AM
I was thinking of a road trip to go check out the Fall colors and maybe pick up some road side veggies...I was inspired by the Store vs. Veggie stand thread.....

I need to get out.;)

I think a thermos of mulled cider sounds about right.

DONE!

Cinder & Smoke
09-24-2009, 09:11 AM
Hope it's a BIG Thermos ...
I'll have a snort of Cider, please.

So ... where are we headed, Driver?

kb2yjx
09-24-2009, 09:15 AM
Can we go on a HAUNTED HAYRIDE???? PLEASE PLEASE!!!!

Pinot's Mom
09-24-2009, 09:28 AM
Hmmm....now how did you know, Richard, this would be a perfect theme? We'll be taking off for our fall camping road trip at 6am tomorrow! Truckin' with the pop up (affectionately known as Campy) in tow to the Asheville, NC area! I'm in big time vacation mode (with fall leaves :)), so let's see...

I'd like a hot toddy ... and, what to eat? What says fall? I know! Butternut Squash soup and Corn Bread!! :D

kb2yjx
09-24-2009, 10:17 AM
I make really good chili!!! And soon it will be time to make chicken soup!! And pumpkin bread...I have to remember that I have a Weight Watcher meeting tonight!!!Have fun on your vacation....

lvpets2002
09-24-2009, 10:36 AM
:) Come on Orc we needs to make a Big Pan of Mexican CornBread.. Could I get some of the Butternutt Squash Soup Please.. Ok Orc are you bartending?? If so then fix me something good & warm ok..

Lady's Human
09-24-2009, 11:28 AM
Roadside veggies? That anything like road pizza?

:eek:

lvpets2002
09-24-2009, 11:31 AM
:) MMmm never heard of RoadSide Pizza.. Well I guess if the RoadSide Produce Stand that has the veggies just might sell the pizza too.. We shall investigate..
Roadside veggies? That anything like road pizza?

:eek:

davidpizzica
09-24-2009, 06:32 PM
Hope it's a BIG Thermos ...
I'll have a snort of Cider, please.

So ... where are we headed, Driver?

C'mon up to Cabot! Where the Home is, it's really in the sticks with corn growing, hay all rolled up, and roadside stands starting to sell pumpkins! Barkeep, I can use a good mulled cider!

DJFyrewolf36
09-24-2009, 07:02 PM
Yall should come up to central Oregon! It is over 80 today, its a bit humid but its still pleasant. And we are only a hop skip and a jump away from the coast!

I'll take a Mtn Dew and some CNTs for my passengers.

cassiesmom
09-24-2009, 08:09 PM
Cider works for me, thank you! :)

Pinot's Mom
09-24-2009, 09:47 PM
Well, our road trip is packed up and ready to roll with enough food and drink for a really good time - it's off to the very western part of NC, right off the Blue Ridge, for me, my hubby and our "campy"...Pinot's got a sitter, I don't think she'd do well in a pop-up.

Have a great week, and I'll talk to y'all when we get back!:cool:

Lady'sOtherHuman
09-25-2009, 06:38 AM
How's about some apple pie to go with that cider. I'll take one of those mulled ciders please, we're going apple picking tomorrow with the kids.:)

RICHARD
09-25-2009, 09:26 AM
LOL,

"we're on the road to nowhere!!"

Road trips here are better left to the imagination. It's way too much work to plan a destination. I love the "just point and drive" train of thought.

Or, as my dad used to tell us when we wanted to know where the Sunday Road Trip would end up....

"Get into the car and find out!":D

Cider for the whole crew!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-25-2009, 04:54 PM
Cider me up barkeep!!! :D

Cornbread casserole is yummy too.

Just plop some chilli in a casserole dish. Mix up a small box of cornbread mix and pour over it. Bake until cornbread is done. YUMMY INDEED!!! :D

RICHARD
09-25-2009, 05:39 PM
Cider me up barkeep!!! :D

Cornbread casserole is yummy too.

Just plop some chilli in a casserole dish. Mix up a small box of cornbread mix and pour over it. Bake until cornbread is done. YUMMY INDEED!!! :D

With a few jalapenos and cheese added to the dish?

YOu betcha.

DONE!

lbaker
09-25-2009, 06:37 PM
I have neverrrrr tasted chili better than Slicks (how do you spell that anyway??) Just bought some last of season fresh corn on the cob (Eastern Shore of course) and a large ham steak. mmmmm-good. My son and Jenny are at Dover DE camping our for NASCAR on Sunday so I'm doing my cooking "thang" for the two grandsons and me. "Pour me something strong and cold, make it a Hurricane before I go insane" Oh, dear, hurrican season may be coming up soon on the East coast so lets go the mountains before the winds blow the beautiful leaves are blown to Hades.... bye guys, nice to be back!!!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-25-2009, 06:38 PM
With a few jalapenos and cheese added to the dish?

YOu betcha.

DONE!

Cheese for sure!!! I have to, um, pass on the jalapenos though. They shoot right through me! :D

RICHARD
09-25-2009, 07:54 PM
IOh, dear, hurrican season may be coming up soon on the East coast so lets go the mountains before the winds blow the beautiful leaves are blown to Hades.... bye guys, nice to be back!!!!!

A hurricane for the lady and I still have the finger I found in my bowl.

DONE!

MOFF,

If you hide them in the bottom of the bowl, You'd never know they were there!;):D

momoffuzzyfaces
09-26-2009, 12:38 PM
MOFF,

If you hide them in the bottom of the bowl, You'd never know they were there!;):D

I still wouldn't want to stand behind me, just in case. Would you? ;) :D

Cinder & Smoke
09-26-2009, 01:00 PM
If you hide them in the bottom of the bowl,
You'd never know they were there! ;) :D

:confused:

We talkin about :eek: fingers or jalapenos hidden on the bottom of the bowl ??

Maybe I'll just have an apple.

Grace
09-26-2009, 02:01 PM
How's about some apple pie to go with that cider. I'll take one of those mulled ciders please, we're going apple picking tomorrow with the kids.:)

Has it been a good apple crop out there this year? Here in Michigan, due to the cool summer, we are overflowing with them. Up the road, at a local orchard, one of the trees was uprooted by the sheer weight of the apples on it.

Karen
09-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Wow, that's impressive! I am looking forward to an abundance of good local apples, as we had such a rainy, rainy summer ... in June, anyway ...

I loved the smell of Bummy's (maternal grandfather's) orchard in the fall. Trying to avoid yellow jackets buzzing around rotting fruit on the ground, though, or getting yelled at for dawdling, not picking - that I don't miss!

I am soooooooooo glad I am not allergic to apples!

Grace
09-26-2009, 07:02 PM
My husband is allergic to the yellow jackets. Couple of years ago he got stung on both hands, and was almost in shock by the time he got to the ER. He's been getting desensitized ever since then - he now goes 5 weeks between shots. And carries 2 Epi-Pens wherever he goes!

RICHARD
09-26-2009, 07:19 PM
I still wouldn't want to stand behind me, just in case. Would you? ;) :D

Behind every good man is a good woman, Except with jalapenos?;)

C&S,

Either one!

:D

Apples for everyone, and cider too!

DONE!

It's miserably hot here today 101 degrees!!!:eek:

DJFyrewolf36
09-26-2009, 09:30 PM
It was suposed to get warm here today but the wind kept it rather cool...Im glad to be home from work though! Barkeep, I'll take whatevers on tap :) Im celebrating...

UofO 42 - Cal 3

Sorry Richard...:p;)

GO DUCKS *hides*

RICHARD
09-26-2009, 10:41 PM
It was suposed to get warm here today but the wind kept it rather cool...Im glad to be home from work though! Barkeep, I'll take whatevers on tap :) Im celebrating...

UofO 42 - Cal 3

Sorry Richard...:p;)

GO DUCKS *hides*

I love sports and do not mind getting my nose tweaked.
Right now I am in heaven.
Boxing, baseball, racing and football.

Part of sports is being a good sport.

The Raiders keep me grounded!!:eek::rolleyes::D

DJFyrewolf36
09-27-2009, 12:10 AM
The Seahawks may keep me grounded this year...and Oregon has this habit of not playing the same way twice so...next week is a totally different story lol.

A toast to good sportsmanship? :D I think more people need to find their inner pieces...and assemble them!

slick
09-28-2009, 08:07 PM
Hey Richard, is the bar still open??? My boss from he** isn't improving much so please...take me far, far away......:)

Something tall and strong will suffice for now.

Karen
09-28-2009, 08:37 PM
Richard's pretty tall ... but I'm not. I can, however, pour you some cider? Or good strong tea?

(Not a bartender, sorry, dunno about that stuff!)

RICHARD
09-28-2009, 08:58 PM
Richard's pretty tall ... but I'm not. I can, however, pour you some cider? Or good strong tea?

(Not a bartender, sorry, dunno about that stuff!)

LOL,
Tall people just know two things before anyone else.

What is falling from the sky, and how hard it's raining!:eek:

Slick,

One tall dark and good?

A black russian.

DONE!

DJ,

You are a good fan.

A cider and a shot?

To sports fans and lady fans.....they rock.

DONE!

slick
09-29-2009, 10:17 AM
Oh, what a night I had last night!!!!! Any chance of getting another one of those Black Russian's????;)

RICHARD
09-29-2009, 10:24 AM
Oh, what a night I had last night!!!!! Any chance of getting another one of those Black Russian's????;)

Why not?

A Tall Black Russian?

DONE!:D

Karen
09-29-2009, 09:27 PM
It's been a day of changing weather - common around these parts, but it's really like the weather is saying "summer is really over," today included blue skies, then dark clouds, high winds, and it really feels like it is gonna pour, but might not.

Apple cider, please? Maybe spiced, and a slice of apple pie with a chunk of good cheddar would really hit the spot. I'll make the pie (anything other than home made is really a travesty, say I) anyone want some?

slick
09-29-2009, 11:50 PM
**waves** Hi Karen: You know, I've never made a pie in my whole life - mind you I don't eat desserts anyway.

The weather here is changing too. Today we had rain, then hail and at the end of the day driving home, the skies were blue and the sun was out as if to tease me...... Yes, I guess summer is over.:(

I feel like some chili, spicy please, with a dollop of sour cream and cheeze. MMMM, now that would hit the spot right about now. Oh yes, and another BR please. :)

DJFyrewolf36
09-30-2009, 03:32 AM
It's been a day of changing weather - common around these parts, but it's really like the weather is saying "summer is really over," today included blue skies, then dark clouds, high winds, and it really feels like it is gonna pour, but might not.

Apple cider, please? Maybe spiced, and a slice of apple pie with a chunk of good cheddar would really hit the spot. I'll make the pie (anything other than home made is really a travesty, say I) anyone want some?

It did the same exact thing here today. It was nice and chilly right in time for the drive home. I am SO glad my car has good heat! My dad makes a darn good pumpkin pie...I should make him send some over here!
I love homemade pies. Its one of the many things I miss about living at home...

Lady'sOtherHuman
09-30-2009, 07:19 AM
Has it been a good apple crop out there this year? Here in Michigan, due to the cool summer, we are overflowing with them. Up the road, at a local orchard, one of the trees was uprooted by the sheer weight of the apples on it.

Yeah, they've had a really good season this year. Kinda cool lots of rain and no hail. At least no really big hail. Last season when we went a lot of the apples had hail damage to them. But this year the apples are big and juicy!:D

Lady'sOtherHuman
09-30-2009, 07:26 AM

Yes Karen, I'd love some and some of the cider and cheese please that sounded really good. LH made some apple crisp last night anyone want some?

gini
09-30-2009, 10:50 AM
Homemade apple pie? Oh, I could eat that for breakfast with a cup of strong coffee - skip the Bailey's.

RICHARD
09-30-2009, 01:00 PM

IT's cool and windy out here today, a nice change of pace.

One Piece of Pie and a Cider?

DONE!

Slick,
Chili, sour cream, cheese and a BR?

DONE!

DJ,

A pumpkin pie would be most welcome!

DONE!

LOH,

Cider, pie and cheese, you are welcome!
DONE!

Gini,
Pie and coffee!

done!

Lady'sOtherHuman
09-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Thank you Richard,
Would you like some of the apple crisp that LH made? It's very tasty.

RICHARD
09-30-2009, 01:56 PM
Thank you Richard,
Would you like some of the apple crisp that LH made? It's very tasty.

Yes!

That would be nice.

I am waiting for the the real weather to come in so I can start to fire up the oven!!! Until then I have to rely on the kindness of others!:D